Congrats to the Wheelersburg Pirates

alabama mike
SE

Congrats to the Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by alabama mike »

I would like to offer my best to the senior players of Wheelersburg. Eight young men have finished their basketball season and career for the Pirates. Matt Jenkins, Dustin Cook, Daniel Armstrong, Kyle Blevings, J.T. Conley, Drew Spradlin, Dusstin Proehl and Matt Stegman have continued the tradition of Pirate basketball with class. As a parent of one of the eight, I have had the chance to watch you grow from boys to young men. You have made your school and community proud. Thank you! May God bless each of you as you continue your journey in life.

I would also like to say a big thank you to Coach Barrick and Coach Massie for all of their hard work. It is evident that these young men have learned a lot about basketball but hopefully, they have learned how hard work, dedication and togetherness will pay off later in life.

socfan
All Conference

Re: Congrats to the Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by socfan »

I agree completely with 'bamamike. I have had the privlage of watching this team more than the last couple of years. Their hard work and dedication on the defensive end of the floor was one of the greatest performances I have seen by a Pirate squad.

These seniors have had an excellent career and deserve to hold their heads up high!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yes, congrats here also.

3 District titles and 2 regional titles in their 4 years is something not to many other Burg teams can say they did.

10 straight wins at the Convo is a pretty good accomplishment also.

Congrats also to Coach Barrick and Coach Massie for taking a team this year that lost alot from last year and had a lot of questions going into the season and still yet, made it back to the Regionals.

Like I've said before, at the Burg they don't rebuild, they reload.

Good luck to all the Seniors on future endeavors and can't wait until next year, playing in the new "Pirate palace."
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Congratulations to Wheelersburg on another great season. Best of luck to the seniors in their future pursuits. Coach Barrick has done a great job with this team, as always.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Yes, congrat here also.

3 District titles and 2 regional titles in their 4 years is something not to many other Burg teams can say they did.

10 straight wins at the Convo is a pretty good accomplishment also.

Congrats also to Coach Barrick and Coach Massie for taking a team this year that lost alot from last year and had a lot of questions going into the season and still yet, made it back to the Regionals.

Like I've said before, at the Burg they don't rebuild, they reload.

Good luck to all the Seniors on future endeavors and can't wait until next year, playing in the new "Pirate palace."

i agree 100% we don't rebuild we do indeed reload. after seein the 2 loses to oak hill and to chillicothe i thought it was gonna be a long season for the burg but they proved me and a few others from burg that i have talked to wrong. can't wait till next year when we open the new gym. good luck to the 8 seniors next year in whatever they do. keep your heads up boys you have nothing to be ashamed of

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Congrats to the Pirates on a very good season.

Congrats also to the seniors.... Your high school basketball success will be forever etched in your mind, and will bring you many pleasant and enjoyable memories.

sheetsie
Waterboy

Post by sheetsie »

Congrats to the Burg on a Great Season. Good Luck to all of the Seniors, it has been a great four years being able to travel with you guys and be with you through all of the good and bad times. We all had our doubts at the beginning of the season, but we were proven wrong by all of the great senior leadership and by all of the younger guys step up to the table.
So good luck on your furture endeavors and be proud of everything you have acomplished at Wheelersburg High School. Thank You

Return to “Boys Basketball”