3/1 Huntington vs. Wheelersburg

Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

burgfan2
Waterboy

Re: 3/1 Huntington vs. Wheelersburg

Post by burgfan2 »

First off Cam left Western Carolina after some disagreements with the coach. Brutally Honest I believe you are thinking of Nick Aldridge who was kicked off the team for some issues. He is now at Cincinnati planing on playing for the Bearcats next year. As for Cam I have heard he is going to go to Hawaii and planing on playing there. Not sure the exact truth to that though. Now onto the game. I watched part of Huntington's game on Sunday and they looked very sloppy against a mediocre Peake team. Someone mentioned that the refs let Wheelersburg play physical? That's just called good defense, probably something you haven't seen all year. Wheelersburg plays veryt tight on the ball defense and they are good at it. Don't try to say they were out there fouling Piketon when they were not. Wheelersburg was just playing tight defense which frustrated Piketon all game. If Drew wouldn't have been in foul trouble the game could have been worse. He set out most of the first half. I look for Wheelersburg to win this one by around 15.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

burgfan2 wrote:First off Cam left Western Carolina after some disagreements with the coach. Brutally Honest I believe you are thinking of Nick Aldridge who was kicked off the team for some issues. He is now at Cincinnati planing on playing for the Bearcats next year. As for Cam I have heard he is going to go to Hawaii and planing on playing there. Not sure the exact truth to that though. Now onto the game. I watched part of Huntington's game on Sunday and they looked very sloppy against a mediocre Peake team. Someone mentioned that the refs let Wheelersburg play physical? That's just called good defense, probably something you haven't seen all year. Wheelersburg plays veryt tight on the ball defense and they are good at it. Don't try to say they were out there fouling Piketon when they were not. Wheelersburg was just playing tight defense which frustrated Piketon all game. If Drew wouldn't have been in foul trouble the game could have been worse. He set out most of the first half. I look for Wheelersburg to win this one by around 15.

how'd you hear about cam goin to hawaii?

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

The kellough boys will make it rain (3's that is). Huntington by 7.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

burgfan2: not that it matters much, but Aldridge was not kicked...he left Western Carolina without warning. Miller was suspended, and then decided to leave.*

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

sportsnut614 wrote:Sorry about the numbers being wrong on Miller 7 or 11, this all state playa was held down.

So I guess our freshman center this year should just stay home because he won't be able to score inside at all :?:

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

I think Wheelersburg will win by about 8-14. The experience will be a factor, and with Wheelersburg winning these games before it will equal a W for the Pirates. I expect a good game and if the Huntsmen are hot from the field it could be a different outcome. Should be a good game between 2 quality teams.

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

just because cam miller had 11 last year doesnt mean anybody "held him to it"... he was in foul trouble and didnt get as many minutes.. Id say huntington wants this one to be in the mid 70s and burg wants it in the 50s.. so wel see what prevails

BuckeyeGuy38
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeGuy38 »

Huntington in a close one...they havent been playin well lately except for the Chesapeake game which they turned it on! but i think they will put out the WIN and represent the SVC proud

HHS:58
Burg:56

Joesouth
Riding the Bench

Post by Joesouth »

contain the kellough brothers (which not to many teams have) control the game.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg did a pretty good job of doing that last year and I think this years team is alot better defensively.

Should be a good ballgame. Both teams have been here and both teams know what it takes to win.

BBallDUMB
Waterboy

Post by BBallDUMB »

GO HUNTINGTON!

Represent the SVC well!!!

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I hope Huntington wins but, I don't see it happening that way. Burg by 15+!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

GO BURG!!

SOC!!!

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

chicken_coop wrote:GO BURG!!

SOC!!!

Thanks, Coop.

How much longer do you have to go ? (to get out for good)... and how's the leeetle one doing? :)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to the Burg.........

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

WE ARE!!! THE BURG!!!

WE ARE!!! THE BURG!!!

WE ARE!!! THE BURG!!!

WE ARE!!! THE BURG!!!

WE ARE!!! THE BURG!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

BOO;

No problem!! Love to see those SOC schools playing well!! I have 1 year and 8 months until I start terminal leave, and come home to get a job. I'm about 60% done with my criminal justice degree, and hoping to find something in that field in SOC country!!!

The little man is GROWING!! He's 8 almost 9 months old, 22lbs and has 4 teeth!! I wish I knew how to post a pic on here, and I would.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Huntington will dominate this game!!!! I look for the Bros of Huntington to have huge games and lead the Huntsman to the "W".

HHS 64

WHS 50

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I dont think they will dominate at all....

Burg by 9

burgfan2
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2 »

The Cam thing was just some here of peopel telling me that he told them he was going to Hawaii. Don't know the total truth to that but I do know he did go there recently and maybe still there for some basketball function.
art: I was just stating what was in the paper. It said Nick was suspended indefinately from the team which usually is a nice way of saying he was kicked off. You being from Webster might mean you have some more insight on it. I was just stating what the paper said and i know that the daily times does get alot of things wrong, so sorry if I was not right on that.
For the game, Burg;s defense is alot better this yea than it was last year. If they want to win they have to be. Last year teams couldn't guard them. I mean who were you more concerned about? Cam, Cowgill, or Drew? Focus on one and the other two would eat you alive. This year you just have Drew as a main threat so scoring won't come so easy. It does help is the young Stegman, he only freshman and is a beast down low, but they have to be able to defend every night cause they aren't going to score like they did the year before. I believe too that the perimeter defense is awsome for the Pirates, peopel might think otherwhise with how well the Pirates rebound but that's mostly to just crashing the boards. Jenkins is a very disciplined defender who can pressure your point guard without fouling or getting beat and that is where your offense starts. If your point gaurd can get the offense going then the game is over. I believe he will do that Saturday too.

Return to “Boys Basketball”