South Gallia VS. Ironton St. Joe 2/28

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Re: South Gallia VS. Ironton St. Joe 2/28

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

He is 6' 9" in basketball shoes so I thought it was only fair to list him at 6' 9" unless he planned on playing without shoes.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

LOL

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I bet in his homeland they hae played without shoes before but that was a good one BWH. I guess I can call myself a six footer now when I wear shoes.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

One game within the game on Tuesday will be Grbnik's blocked shots vs. the number of times he is called for goaltending. With or without shoes, Grbnik can really get off the floor. He has great leaping ability and great timing. You can tell he still struggles with the American rules as he wants to block every shot he sees and still tries to get rebounds before they come off the rim. He will be a presence inside but hopefully he doesn't give away too many points with excessive goaltending calls.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Are you guys in 4th or 5th grade? Why not pm each other instead of cluttering the site up with all the bs?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Sorry Fred but Elizabeth is probably rolling over in her grave after reading your post.

I am just trying to discuss the upcoming game and as you can see there are lots of factors to consider on the SJ end of things. You SG guys may already have your tickets to the Schott but the SJ folks are hoping to win one game and are pinning their hopes on the Serbian Sam Bowie.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

What exactly happened? Don't disclose players names, just explain the act.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I am still finding out details but this is what I know. A few players left school for lunch on Friday and headed to Lil Ceasars. They ordered cheese pizzas and unknowingly got pepperoni pizzas instead and began to eat them before realizing they had pepperoni on them.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

I now understand that there is an appeal that has been prepared and will be filed to the OHSAA to keep Nils from participating in tuesdays game. There is also a meeting scheduled monday regarding the lunchgate mess and the 2 suspended players. it would be a big lift for the Flyers for Nils to play even if the suspensions are lifted as the Flyers are already a man short with the injury. This has turned into a mess, but I can promise that the Flyers will show up and give it their all no matter who is ends up in uniform. As i said before I don't think that being short handed we can play with the rebels of mercerville. I just hope that if we get down big coach puts the young kids in early and gets some of them some tourny experience

GO FLYERS!!!

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

My whole problem with the suspensions is that the kids didn't knowing eat meat on friday . The cashier at little ceasars has and will confirm that. They ordered cheese pizza and in haste ate some before realizing it had pepperoni on it. I know earlier i said i had mixed feelings on Nils becoming eligible and taking the spot of kids have been participating all year and I'm still not totally sold on the idea but I do feel bad of Nils, he's a good kid in our country for only a year and just wants to be a part of the team and contribute. He was thrilled when he was told of the annoucement Friday but now wit an apparent appeal coming tomorrow he is very upset. He will be devastated if this dream is taken away from him only a couple days after it was granted.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Good luck to the Flyers in spite of their losses this week...........
Last edited by Leo Byrd on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Molly is in denial as are most of the parents

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I am going to wait until the meeting tomorrow to decide how I feel about all this. The appeal regarding Nils is a new development for me as I thought he had been cleared by the OHSAA.

My hope for lunchgate with apologies to Johnnie Cochran, "If the boys ordered cheese, they shouldn't be punished please." Or, "If you need the real answer, listen to the Lil Ceasars sign dancer."

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

theres not been an offical appeal filed as Nils was just cleared late Friday. I just received a PM stating that an appeal had been prepared and would be filed monday morning with the OHSAA. Again that is not offical, you know how things can get blown out of proportion on here and certain comments on one thing can lead into completely different stories by the time they are read on here. If Nils does get to play i am going to post updates on SEOPS and the Grbniks will follow things on here from Serbia. It is 6 hours ahead there but they have told Nils they would not miss reading about his American basketball debut not matter what time it is.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I sure hope he gets to play because I have already had a shirt made. It's purple with gold letters that reads,

Nils Says
"Please Buy Me A Vowel"

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

where did u get a shirt made on such short notice? I may be interested in on of them myself

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

No appeal. Just spoke with those concerned and they have backed off

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The 'Please Buy Me A Vowel' shirts will be available at the school beginning Monday at noon.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

That's great BWH! How much are they gonna be? That is a super idea! Nils will be so surprised. I think we should send shirts to his parents in Serbia!

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Flyersbaseball, that's great news about the appeal. Any news on the meeting tomorrow concerning the suspensions? Time? Is it open to the public, is a representative from the bishops going to be in attendance? I would hope that this could be worked out to give the rest of the team the best shot possible to get to the convo.

Return to “Boys Basketball”