Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

thenino
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Piketon

Post by thenino »

FalconFan wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
eagles73 wrote:demainac, if wheelersburgs defense is more stifling than Columbus Mifflins than it will be a long night for my Streaks.

Isn't a Miffin something like a cupcake? Oh, no, that's MUFFIN isn't it?

How much did Piketon beat Miffin by?

Piketon didn't beat Mifflin. And I dont think that Mifflin is that much of a cupcake...They are like Division II.

touche, my friend

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

FalconFan wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
eagles73 wrote:demainac, if wheelersburgs defense is more stifling than Columbus Mifflins than it will be a long night for my Streaks.

Piketon didn't beat Mifflin. And I dont think that Mifflin is that much of a cupcake...They are like Division II.

Oh, my bad. :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FalconFan wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:

And from what I can find on their web site they had an 8 -11 record as of their 19th game. Very impressive. :roll:

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

having played both of these team's this year i can tell you that Burg will win, but it won't be a walk in the park!!!

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

GO BURG !!!!!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

burgrad77, Mifflin plays in the Columbus league, and made it to the district finals before being beaten by Canal Winchester and future Buckeye Mullens. Their full court defense was tenacious, forcing many turnovers versus Piketon. I for one am glad that Piketon plays a team like this, gets you ready for tourneys. Maybe playing teams like Mifflin is why Chilly left, but then hang your hats on playing them! lol I simply brought them up as a point of emphasis of Piketon playing teams that play good defense. Good luck to both, I have said it throughout this post, Piketon will have to play a great game to win, so lets Go Streaks!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
FalconFan wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:[quote="

And from what I can find on their web site they had an 8 -11 record as of their 19th game. Very impressive. :roll:

But Mifflin is a Division II school. Division II has some really stiff competition. I would like to see Burg play in Division II. lol.....They wouldn't last to long. We all know what happened when Burg did play a D II school this year. Yea, I wont even touch that one....

Joesouth
Riding the Bench

Post by Joesouth »

Wheelersburg is a tough out tourney time. Piketon will have to play their best game of the year. Throw out scrimmages,teams they have both played and what they have done in the past. I'm sure both teams will leave it all on the floor. (as they should)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

But Mifflin is a Division II school. Division II has some really stiff competition. I would like to see Burg play in Division II. lol.....They wouldn't last to long. We all know what happened when Burg did play a D II school this year. Yea, I wont even touch that one....

Yeah it's a shame poor little Wheelersburg has to play cupcakes like Minford in order to win any games.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

GO BURG

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Yeah it's a shame poor little Wheelersburg has to play cupcakes like Minford in order to win any games.[/quote

Minford is not a cupcake. I think we might be able to call Burg a cupcake next year. I mean, think of all the seniors. 8 seniors are gonna leave!!!! Ouch, tough times are coming to you and your beloved Pirates.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

FalconFan wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Yeah it's a shame poor little Wheelersburg has to play cupcakes like Minford in order to win any games.[/quote

Minford is not a cupcake. I think we might be able to call Burg a cupcake next year. I mean, think of all the seniors. 8 seniors are gonna leave!!!! Ouch, tough times are coming to you and your beloved Pirates.

I agree the burg will lose a lot of talent but do you really think the burg will be a cupcake next year. I don't think they have been a cupcake for area teams since the mid 80's. stegman and lang will be a nice place to start next year. Stegman is going to be hard to handle in the post the next 3 yrs. Barrick and a bunch of avg players will always be competative.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Yeah it's a shame poor little Wheelersburg has to play cupcakes like Minford in order to win any games.

i believe the formentioned game was against chillicothe and lets see. they have a couple highly d1 players and one was nominated for the mc donalds game. but didn't the burg beat them last yr in chillicothe. you lose some good talent your gonna struggle against teams you beat the year before

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

FalconFan wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

i agree. yes the burg will lose talent but i don't see them strugglin next year and i also see them bein back at the convo next year.

we have some pretty good players who are freshman plus andy stegman and tyler lang will be back.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Mad_Dogg

where you going to be sitting..eating..etc.?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

biggdowgg wrote:Mad_Dogg

where you going to be sitting..eating..etc.?

i don't know why you want to ride up with me. there will be room in the mad dogg mobile

Joesouth
Riding the Bench

Post by Joesouth »

If Piketon wins it will be close. If the Burg wins could be a blow out. I could be wrong just my opinion.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Hopefully the final score of this game will be a total of 116 points or more. Just more my sake.

But to get a feel of things, will this game be a high scoring game or not. Burg scored in the low 70 range and Piketon scored in low 40 range each game previously. I hope this game has more points then that.

Joesouth
Riding the Bench

Post by Joesouth »

Score should be in the 50's 60's I think.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FalconFan, at least Wheelersburg has the balls to play teams like Chillicothe(last year and this year), Greenfield McClain(last year), and Huntington WV(this year). The toughest games on your schedule were against the Pirates and you lost them both, so don't try to blow any smoke up my rearend about tough schedules. I mean come on, you guys played Clay for Gods sake. Now there's a real powerhouse.

Return to “Boys Basketball”