chespeake vs. wellston @ jackson 6:15

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

who cares, Chesapeake subed out in the final quarter and had the entire second team in for most of it. Like I said this game could have been muc much worse.

PEAKER76
Waterboy

Post by PEAKER76 »

At the start of the 4th quarter peake had 1 freshman, 3 soph, and 1 junior in the game and yes wellston did press the whole 4th quarter

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Sounds like someone's being a sore loser.
And, I wasn't there, but I was listening to it on the radio. I recall hearing them talking about welston pressing.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

PEAKER76 wrote:At the start of the 4th quarter peake had 1 freshman, 3 soph, and 1 junior in the game and yes wellston did press the whole 4th quarter

:roll: Here we go again....
Did Little Benny Ewing coach the Rockets in this one?! :lol:

stillballin
Waterboy

Post by stillballin »

This topic should not even be discussed. Chesapeake has much better talent than Wellston. Each coach should coach their own team the way they feel it is necessary. If Chesapeake plays that style all season and each quarter than so be it. To set the recored straight, Wellston only pressed the first two quarters within the half court. Actually, they ran a 1/2 court 1-2-2 trap for the first and second quarters, into a box and 1 and tri-angle 2. They changed to a man to man with a half court double team in the second and third quarters. During the fourth quarter, they played some 3/4 man with mostly substitutions. Chesapeake pressed
2-2-1 and run and jump for 28 -29 minutes of the game. They quit pressing for about a minute early in the fourth and then began pressing again, and quit the last two minutes of the game. Once again in all fairness to Chesapeake, if this is their style they practice everyday and play every quarter then so be it. Nobody from Wellston is making excuses or better make excuses. If a team complains about another team playing too hard or doing this or doing that they need to take a look at their own heart. Great game by Cheasapeake, they shot it extremely well. Wellston will improve, they will make strides this summer, and will be much better next season. Good luck to Chesapeake throughout the tourney.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I agree with Stillballin. It's tourney time. Don't worry about anybody elses feelings. Win and advance. Set the tone for your team. It's not like he is pressing with his starters. He was using subs and having them maintain the intensity! Good for Coach Davis. He does a great job.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Good Job, Panthers!!! Keep it up!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”