SValley 16 14 10 13 53

Eastern

Jake Lynch 24 (4 threes)
Kelly Winebrenner 9
Alex Burroughs 8
Kyle Rawson 6
Titus Pierce 4
Mike Johnson 4

FT 16-23 (12-13 in 2nd half & went 8-8 down the stretch)

Symmes Valley

Jacob Johnson 18 ( 3 threes)
Matt Gibbs 13 (3 threes)
Kris Tibbs 8
Rob Powell 6 (hit three to tie the game with 5 seconds to go)
Chris Capper 6
Tyler Smith 2

FT 3-6

Halftime score
Symmes Valley 30
Eastern 27

Strange ending to game. After Rob Powell hit the three that tied the game,
a SV player, thinking they were still down, purposely fouled Jake Lynch.
Jake sank both free throws

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Eastern fans, lets all cheer for Notre Dame against Lathem tomorrow. That upset would give the Eagels a good chance to reach the District finals and possibly face Waterford. One game at a time. Rise and Shine!

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

i cant believe that #24 fouled lynch...#24 came into the game and made a 3 and tied it up and then he ran over to lynch and fouled him wounder how he feels right now

Got SPIRIT
Waterboy

Post by Got SPIRIT »

I am sure that is a game he will remember forever. I feel the scorekeeper was a little slow putting up the score and when he looked at the scoreboard it still showed Eastern was up 53-50, and he thought that was the thing he had to do to get the ball back.
We are at the Sectional finals the score keeper was slow all night putting up the points , and didn't even put up the player and foul counts all night. Come on OHSAA , what is the criteria to host tournament games??????

At least he had the respect to walk through the line and shake hands when he had to be feeling the worst. Very RESPECTFUL......more than people are saying about #3 running off the court and showing himself...

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
freethrow wrote:Did the refs beat them in this one like they said happened in their first loss at Eastern?

I don't know. How many points did the refs score in the game? :roll:

I don't think they were scorers but they did box out and get a few assists :!: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Got SPIRIT wrote:I feel the scorekeeper was a little slow putting up the score and when he looked at the scoreboard it still showed Eastern was up 53-50, and he thought that was the thing he had to do to get the ball back.

Perhaps that is true, but it is still an excuse. Players have to know what the score is and what the circumstances are. They even had a time out before Eastern's free throws to discuss their options.

I felt bad for the boy. But all things like that work out to become great life lessons.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

I wonder about the tournament officiating. I know they can't see all the fouling going on, but towards the last an Eastern player held a SV player back by the jersey to keep him from getting the ball. No call!!!

The Southern/Trimble game had it's share of missed ones too, both ways.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Why complain about the refs now. They have always missed calls. They are human. WE mess up. It is just apart of the sport, enjoy it!

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

4sporterEHS wrote:Why complain about the refs now. They have always missed calls. They are human. WE mess up. It is just apart of the sport, enjoy it!

So true. It is real easy to see things in the stands than on the floor.
It's pretty hard to remember that in the heat of the game.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Congrats on a great season Vikings

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

The loss of this game by Symmes Valley was not due to a foul by Robby Powell. There were many break downs in the game for Symmes Valley that could have changed the outcome. Just remember, if Powell had not hit the three pointer, the game wouldn't have been tied at 53 to begin with.

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

I agree that Robbie Powell's foul at the end of the game did not lose the game for the Vikings. During the entire game if any one of the boys who played would have hit one of their missed shots. Be it a 3 pointer or a rebound put back up three times or any number of things such as bad passes, turnovers, etc then the outcome "could" have been different. That being said, the Eagles played a much different team than when they played on Eastern's court a couple of weeks ago. We cheered for our boys and Eastern cheered for theirs. It is a game and that is all that it is. Sure it would have been nice to walk away from there with a victory but we didn't. As parents, grandparents, fans etc, we should just be thankful those kids can enjoy the sport. Alot of children do not have that luxury for various reasons. Enjoy it while we can, they grow up too fast.

Good Season Vikings. Be proud !

Alvin! Another good season. I do not envy you on this thankless job !

Viking Fan Forever !

"No One Has A Better Memory Than A Child Observing Their Parents!"
Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

1longtimeviking wrote:The loss of this game by Symmes Valley was not due to a foul by Robby Powell. There were many break downs in the game for Symmes Valley that could have changed the outcome. Just remember, if Powell had not hit the three pointer, the game wouldn't have been tied at 53 to begin with.

Good point. With no foul it could have went into OT though and no one knows what the outcome would have been. Eastern is glad he committed the foul. ;-)

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

WOW....I cant believe I missed this one! It sounds like it was a good one down to the wire.

Hey Bass, I agree if the kid wouldn't have fouled who knows what would've happened....I bet Eastern is extremely thankful... :lol:

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Well said popcorn.............

the thinker
Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

All I can say is it was a very good game to watch, and what a tournament game should be, down to the end. Congrats to both teams.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

To hard on the heart for these close games.

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Eastern did not play well at all it was the worst they have played in weeks but we played good enough. Must play better next game good luck Eagles

the thinker

Return to “Boys Basketball”