Chillicothe-Zanesville 68-63; SEOAL D.O.C.

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Zanesvilles game plan of shutting down Chambers was the difference, great game and i was glad Zanesville won this game. Zanesville is much more classy than Chilli and I was glad to see them win. Hope Chilli gets beat early in tourny play because they are not a class act. The reffing was shakey but did not determine the outcome of the game.

dr awkward
Waterboy

Post by dr awkward »

Die hard fan, I don't think that a lot of people are on here saying the refs determined the outcome of the game. IMO I think they generally let them play which is better then calling everything. At the end of the 3rd quarter the score was 44-44 with the fouls also tied at four apiece. I'm just glad Principal Rooney didn't show up and ask me who was winning because I would have to reply "the Bears."

DieHard don't hold your breath at an early exit for the Cavs in the tournament, but you never know!

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

If you're going to complain about Chilli, it would have to be the fans. The much smaller Zville crowd controlled the atmosphere. It was a good game. Were there a few things that could have went a different way? Yes. But did it affect what the outcome should have been? No. Sorry but Chilli had some opportunities they didn't take advantage of. I'm sure they'll get pumped up for the tourney after this. Watch out.

Ultimately, two fine bball teams on the floor.

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

The bottem line here is Z-ville just wanted this game more. The Cavs were not as fired up to play as they have in the past Z-ville games. Why? I think beating them 3 times before makes it hard to get up for because you have already obtained the goal not once, not twice, but three times in a row. It is just hard to beat a team four times in a row.

Chilly has much bigger goels and the journy starts next week.Folk's I am not being cocky(I no alot can happen come tourny time) However the state looks real good for the Cavs. They Probally have the easist road to C-bus for the tourney.

Z-ville on the other hand needed this victory. Because a trip to the state means they must get by the likes of Col- Northland and Cincinnati Moeller a pretty hard test for any team.

Anyway- thanks to both teams for the great memories and the great games. This is what High school hoops is all about.

OR-Prep OUT

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Way to go SEOAL Champ's.. Go Blue Devil's and Good Luck to both of the team's in the State Tourney.....

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

really the difference in the game was the spread out scoring/weaponry of zanesville compared to a few guys from Chilli who just didnt play up to their potential. Much the way Prati and Harris struggled in the game at your place, a couple of our kids didnt play the way they were capable tonight and therefore Zanesville won. As Hitchbone mentioned maybe the ref singling him out affected Chambers but whatever the reason he simply has to play better for us to get where we want to go. and I believe zanesville had 4 in double figures? and Zanesville is a team that Chilly has to be firing on all cylinders to beat, tonight we werent and as a result we lost. i didnt see the same intensity in the eyes of our kids tonight. so this might be a blessing in disguise heading into the tourney but at the same time it would have been nice to have that SEOAL banner. so congrats to the blue devils. I was nervous all week and for good reason, it is VERY hard to beat a team like Zanesville 4 times in a row. Even if Zanesville were 3-0 vs. Chilli i would say the same thing, the other team was due.

Chilli got a gutsy, becoming almost expected in big games, performance from Humpty tonight with 34 pts but it wasnt enough. Stu Bev also played a pretty good game in stretches. It was a huge momentum swing when he drained a 3 to put Chilly up 4 only to have an intentional "elbow" foul called on Chambers to give zanesville 2 shots and the ball to tie the game, and then an untimely T on coach K in the fourth gave them even more momentum. the way zanesville shoots from the stripe you simply cant hand them two points in those situations and then give them the ball. Our D got lazy in spots tonight and we had some mental lapses and Zanesville is steady eddy in the fact that they will always be in the ball game close waiting for you to have a lapse and they pounce. and tonight they pounced. now its up to chilli to bounce, and bounce back with a big tourney run. Lets go cavs.

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sort of sounded like Zanesville knew Hitchens would get his points so they worked on shutting down the others.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

O.R.prep. I totally agree. With the East district sending two down to Athens and staying away from the Columbus representitives this season. Chillicothe will not be tested in the tourney until the state finals. This loss is a blessing in disquise. Don't try to over coach this team. Turn them loose. Sit back and enjoy the ride to the schott in March. Hopefully both of these teams will be rooting for one another in four weeks.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Congratulations to Zanesville 2008 Boys SEOAL Basketball Champs. You all brought your A game and played great. Good luck in D1 Sectional Play. O.K. CAVS, time to rebound and get ready for the D2 Sectional.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

no matter how the seoal does their little stats, chilli are the co-champs of the league. and still the best team in SE ohio...........

SendItHome24
Waterboy

Post by SendItHome24 »

Great game hard played for both teams. Got a little physical in the paint but it's the refs fault for allowing that to happen. Congrats to Logan on getting the school record. A record at a school like Zanesville means something! And congrats to the Blue Devils on the SEOAL title.

The Fan
Waterboy

Post by The Fan »

The day of champions is a joke, after what happened with Ironton this year. They win the flip to play for 3rd place, but say no to that because they don't want to play on Saturday. They cut a deal with Logan to play Friday, so they play in the 5th/6th place game. The game was scheduled for Saturday, you play when the league tells you to play!

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Congrats to Zville ...

It was a great atomosphere last night at the "Hat" . Two great teams going at it. I have no problem w/ the refs , they let the kids play from the first buzzer ..so be it . It went both ways . When it came down to it Zville wanted it more . They took Chambers out of the game and that really hurt us as well as keeping them out of foul trouble ... Good Luck to Zville ...

Hopefully we are getting ready for a deep run ...... so put the loss in the past and move forward Cavs ........the best is yet to come ....As Hitchbone say "refuse to lose ""

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Zanes/Chilli

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Congratulations Zanesville! SEAOL champs!
What great games this year by two great teams. Hitchens was unbelievable, willing his team back into the game. He deserves the SEOAL player of the year! The kid I really enjoy watching on Chillicothe is Stu Berverly, who just works his butt off, and still is able to hit those jumpers.
Zanesville is so balanced and starting 5 has 4 legit college players. I think both teams in the long run will benefit from these 2 wars that have been played. These kids left it all on the floor! Good luck to both teams come tourney time!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Two of the Three officials you had have done the State Tournament more than a couple of times. Sounds like sour grapes from some of the Chilly faithful. Zanesville adjusted to the officials and you didn't. Good teams adjusts. It will be the same way in the tournament so lets up the Chilly players adjust.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

gahs4ever wrote:bronc....the member schools agreed to the DOC (I dont like it either, and question how long it will remain after Zanesville leaves).

You cannot change the rules after the fact simply because the outcome was not what you hoped for.

Personally I dont see the need for a DOC because the league is content with co-champs in football if two or more teams finish with the same record.

If you say that Chillicothe is co-champs, then there is no such thing as the DOC.

I was rooting for Chillicothe to win, simply because I hate it that a school that is leaving like Zanesville is would win a championship from a league they want no part of, but we dont always get what we want.

gahs,

As always you are right on point. I agree we don't need a DOC, but it is what it is. The Cavs will not hang a banner, but hopefully we hang some other type of banners for this season.

As for Z-Ville and their exit strategy, I still question how things change in two years, from when you voted to join the league. Maybe the people have changed, but I would have an issue if Chilly decided to jump after two years in a league.

GO CAVS!!!

Pol pot
SE

Quality game.

Post by Pol pot »

Those two refs have as many State Tournament games as anyone in the entire southern part of the State. You always know what you are going to get when they take the floor and that is a balanced physical game. One of those guys is a Big 10 football official who has done BCS games, so I am not going to doubt his ability or judgement.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: Quality game.

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Pol Pot wrote:Those two refs have as many State Tournament games as anyone in the entire southern part of the State. You always know what you are going to get when they take the floor and that is a balanced physical game. One of those guys is a Big 10 football official who has done BCS games, so I am not going to doubt his ability or judgement.

polpot,

Not questioning there ability, but I will question why Chambers was the only one lectured when all the bowing was going on. The refs called a pretty consistent game, but the inside physical play got Z-Ville an advantage and they took advantage of it. One thing the Cavs don't have is an enforcer. I would have liked to see the Cavs give a few hard fouls on #24 Harris. He got wany to many easy looks. If you have 5 fouls, make sure they are clean but solid ones.

GO CAVS!!!

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

hitch, got your message. i just hope that certain individual doesnt show his face on this site....cause i will not tolerate it here and he has NO power on this site.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^^

Agreed....I got kicked back when I tried one path. I am going to try another.

GO CAVS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”