NICKNEVADA
All Conference

PEKE AT FAIRLAND

Post by NICKNEVADA »

PF 72-60

earp
S

Post by earp »

Cart before the horse here!Fairland has a game with River Valley tonight at home. ;-)

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I say the Dragons win since it is at their place but it should really be a close game!

justme
Waterboy

Post by justme »

Again for this game, if the Panthers can be hot shooting, they can win. There is no doubt that these two teams both know how to play defense and know how to get the ball down the floor. It's going to come down to shooting and rebounding. Fairland has the home advantage. Let's hope the Panthers have the "we want it more" attitude. That is what will decide this game.

PointerFan02
Freshman Team

Post by PointerFan02 »

I say Fairland will win on their home floor.

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

I think the dragons will come thru for Dustin and the cheerleaders' last home game. I know the student section is pumped :lol: ! Good luck for an injury free game.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Last home game for "Dunking" Dustin Bumgardner. I just want to say thanks and good luck to this outstanding young man. You have improved immensely over your 4 years of varsity ball. I look for a big game from the 6'5 senior. I hope going in to the second season that we get the ball to him more than we have so far this year.Just stay out of foul trouble and your a sure double double. I think there will be a big crowd to watch the dragons vs panthers part three with Fairland winning by 8. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Just got back from the Middle School OVC Championship games. Both the 7th and 8th grade Panthers defeated Fairland and took home the hardware!!!!! Back to topic,I look for the Panthers to come out fired up! This series is even at 1-1 but Peake had Fairland down 10 points at the SJI and let up. I don't expect them to do that tomorrow night. South Point may have locked up the OVC, but bragging rights are at stake here and there will be a lot of Panther Pride in the gymnasium tomorrow night!! Look for Shoe, Rossy and Rase to all play big in one of their final regular season games. Let's go Peake!!! :-D :-D

justme
Waterboy

Post by justme »

Panthers 55/Dragons 54 I am so proud of both the JV and the Varsity Panthers basketball teams. I'm so proud of our student section. Basically, I'm proud to be a Panther.

PointerFan02
Freshman Team

Post by PointerFan02 »

Wow ... sounds like another close OVC game.

Congrats to the Panthers on your season. I don't know what your record is, but you seemed to have bounced back after a rough season last year.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Congrats to the panthers on a hard fought victory. This game could've went either way. I'm sure Mr. Shoemaker will always remember hitting the shot to win it in the final seconds. Chesy you have an outstanding coach being a dragon fan I hope he's not their for long. ;-) The refs were horrible for both sides. Dragons need to regroup and get ready to make a deep run in the second season. I still think the Dragons will make a run to the Convo.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

The 3 amigos left town in a hurry!

Great win for Chesapeake... Exciting game with a lot of action. :roll:

Good season for both teams... Good luck to both teams in post season play.

PEAKER76
Waterboy

Post by PEAKER76 »

x

Code: Select all

[list][list=][img][/img][/list][/list]
Last edited by PEAKER76 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I'm not a peaker nor a dragon, but win with pride and lose with pride.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Exactly, Win or lose with pride but also show a little class when representing your school!!! Fairland's student section surely misrepresented last night

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

What are you talking about?

PEAKER76
Waterboy

Post by PEAKER76 »

about the bull-s-t chant
about the coach standing in the middle of the floor and slamming the ball after the game
about Hatfield cussing the ref on his way to the bench
about the flagrant elbow thrown by Lamb
about bumgardner making a tackle on Shoemaker late in the game

All this makes you lose respect for your school and your Basketball team
you have a good team but no one respects that because the way your players handle themselves

fhsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by fhsfan »

The bs chant was uncalled for and I know Coach Belville told the crowd to stop the chant as I was standing by the stairs and heard him...not sure why the administration at Fairland did not say anything

I am sure Coach was frustrated at the no call as would Coach Davis if the roles were reversed

I never heard Hatfield cuss the ref and I am sure if the ref heard it you would have seen a T - I did see Shoemaker gesture toward the refs a couple of times, so lets not throw stones

The elbow should have been a foul, but it was not flagrant. Rase was up into Lamb very hard which made it look worse

That was 2 players going for a loose ball. I think you are a little biased on that one.

I thought you saw 2 teams play with a lot of heart, and it tight games/losses you will see emotions spill over. I know I personally witnessed worse from Coach Persin after losses, and didn't your fans go after officials in a locker room once upon a time?? Try not to judge people so harshly in situations like this. I think both programs are run with class and both coaches are good people. Good game last night.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

It was bull crap the refs let the game get away from them. Hatfield did cuss them but didn't they deserved it and I'm sure they will pay him back next time they call one of our games. Dustin didn't tackle him they got tangled up that's it. Maybe Lamb's elbow was intentional I don't know to me it looked like he was just trying to clear out and just happened to catch Rase. IMO it all goes back to the pitiful refs.

I thought you might be talking about Shoemaker's mommy getting the sign from the students that said T who now thats embarrassing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

It was a great game and I thought it was poorly officiated. Both teams fought to the very end, and something to be proud of. I will take up for COle because I did see him say something under his breath, but I saw Chesapeake players doing it as well, and we all have done it at some point on the court, nothing to get into a tiff about.

I have a lot of respect for Coach Belville, he is a good guy, and I know he was just frustrated, he did go and shake hands with the players after, and he had a lot of nice things to say to them.

Lastly, I was rather confused as to why Lamb wasn't T'd up. Yes Rase did foul him on the play, but when the official hit his whistle and Lamb threw a obvious elbow at his head. THis is a no no, again we all have done it probably before, but we should have all suffered the consequense.

Great game all around, porud to be a Panther.

Return to “Boys Basketball”