Anthony Hitchens possible McDonald's All-American

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

Captain Jack wrote:
cat1606 wrote:i would take hitchens over any guard on ohio states team.

Hitchens is a very good player, but the last time I watched the Buckeyes they had this guard named Jamar Butler who wasn't bad. ;-)
yeah but i do not think he is as explosive as hitchens, and they both have good outside shots, i go to ohio state so i go to a lot of games, and whenever someone like Pj Hill goes in the game i think why the hell is Hitchens going to a Mac school and not here.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Hitchens would be very capable of playing at OSU. He is one of the best pure shooters I have ever seen. He can knock the shots down from anywhere on the floor.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

What is Humpy's height? Is this a factor in his recruiting?

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:What is Humpy's height? Is this a factor in his recruiting?

i'd say about 5'8''. and it very well could be, which is a shame cause he is a good player on the court.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

It is a shame. He is a great "clutch" player and I would think that would be a huge upside. Well Akron is no slouch. Will he still be enrolling there or has anything changed? Just wondering if any other schools have started looking into signing him.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

there have been calls but most schools are very skeptical about recruiting a committed kid. O.R. Prep might have more insight on the nature of those situations.

beezee...c'mon man he's a legit 5'9" :) lol

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Dshanton3 wrote:there have been calls but most schools are very skeptical about recruiting a committed kid. O.R. Prep might have more insight on the nature of those situations.

D3 is correct...and to add one they are not only skeptical, it is against the rules to make certain contacts with kids that have committed. Obviously that rule is in there for a reason. Many kids want to get the process over with and don't want their phone ringing off the hook afterwards.

Saying that Hump has the talent and heart to play just about anywhere. Akron will be a great fit for him.

GO CAVS!!!

Pol pot
SE

contacts.

Post by Pol pot »

Actually there is NO written rule that says a school can not continue to contact a kid after they have committed, as long as the contact is done in the manner prescribed. A kid is not off limits until they sign their LOI. It is a matter of principal, but it happens often.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

well his LOI has been signed and faxed already so those are the rules Hitchbone is talking about

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Hitchens is very deserving for this nomination. Congratulations. The way he has been playing this season is incredible and on his way to leading the Cavs to a state title. I believe he is the first from Ross County since Craig Kearns in the early 90,s.
I think Hitchens and Akron is a nice fit. He will do well in the MAC. Probably be all league before he is finished but I don't understand the Ohio state talk. I think he, his coaches, and family realize he is going to get a chance to excell at Akron and all the Chillicothe fans should be excited and supportive of his decision.
Lets not forget Dante Jackson one of if not the top player to come out of the southeast district in 35 years has a hard time getting minutes at Xavier. I undertstand They are a little better than OSU :) his limited p.t. has proven to me that major college basketball is on another level than we see around here. If he and Hitchens are going to their respective schools. Maybe i need to give Coaches a little more credit when I question why someone is playing on their team.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

nickle, Dante also walked into a situation where the team has 2 senior guards. Next year he will not only be a likely starter but also a team leader as only a soph. Hitchens also will have an excellent opportunity to start at Akron as a freshman as i believe they graduate 3 senior guards after this season in Dials, Middleton, and McNeese.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

Dshanton3 wrote:there have been calls but most schools are very skeptical about recruiting a committed kid. O.R. Prep might have more insight on the nature of those situations.

we'll say 5'8 3/4" then :lol:

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

I just wish he went here at ohio state so i could watch him every home game :).... I think his amazing quickness, ball handling, and ability shoot off the dribble from anywhere on the court help off set his lack of height. I think the sky is the limit for him, just depends how hard he wants to work in high school, College sports are like a job.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

The Humpster was honor tonight for being Chillicothe Cavaliers all-time leading scorer.This youngman should be nominated for the McDonalds all star game.Humpty can play right with those youngmen from across the nation.

Return to “Boys Basketball”