What time will the Feb 9. Zanesville-Chillicothe rematch tip

Army
S

Post by Army »

ZvilleBlueDevil,

Both teams are super, they present something for this SEOAL that has been missing for a long dry spell. Two dynamite basketball teams that have an opportunity to go far with their talent and a blessing all the way. Both have a zealot fan base and will be there again on the SEOAL DOC game. Let's drop all this and good luck to both teams. For sure, it will be another barn-burner of a game.

Good Luck to your Blue Devils

GO CAVS :!:

maninthemiddle
Waterboy

Post by maninthemiddle »

Army and THEFAN, thank you. finally someone with some sense on the whole matter. O.R.Prep, i don't know what personal vendetta you have against Seth Martin, but you really should let go. Let me see that has been 12 years ago. Get a grip and move on. Seeing by your post you really don't have anything constructive to say. I'm sorry i forgot, your one of the ones that think trash talking is OK. You must of been one of the #4's on the multiple choice quiz.

SendItHome24
Waterboy

Post by SendItHome24 »

Basketball in the 00's is so far from the old days it's not even a contest. It will never be like it was end of story. I like to see players act like men on and off the court but if that can't happen oh well. All people care about is how these kids perform on the court nothing else matters. I'm not directing that at any school but all in general.

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

Maninthemiddle-I have nothing against Seth. He was a great player.However he could talk trash with the best of them.That was a part of his game. He really could get into peoples minds.

Why even bring him up. Well Z-ville fans act like Hitchens is the only person they have ever seen that plays with swagger and likes to talk a little.

Hitch- sorry if it seems like bullcrap to you. But when a talent like hump is singled out for they way he is and the way he plays COME ON. Its ok to remind those people that not to long ago they had players who played in the same maner.

Guys IT IS PART OF THE GAME.

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

OR prep...EXACTLY :-D

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

O.R.prep wrote:Maninthemiddle-I have nothing against Seth. He was a great player.However he could talk trash with the best of them.That was a part of his game. He really could get into peoples minds.

Why even bring him up. Well Z-ville fans act like Hitchens is the only person they have ever seen that plays with swagger and likes to talk a little.

Hitch- sorry if it seems like bullcrap to you. But when a talent like hump is singled out for they way he is and the way he plays COME ON. Its ok to remind those people that not to long ago they had players who played in the same maner.

Guys IT IS PART OF THE GAME.

OR...No offense to you or others, but I don't believe in fighting fire with fire. I do many things behind the scenes to help situations and I beleive today, we may have taken a positive step. My hope is some mature adults close to these programs will make a statement or at least send a private message to back off. I can't help what is on the forums, but I will not stoop to the level of going after another kid. As it was quoted to me today, "it would be one thing if an adult goes after an adult, but it crosses the line when adults start attacking kids". I don't know who is adults or kids on here as people can hide behind there post names, but I believe some level of maturity must exist regardless of age or side of the equation.

I can assure you that as close as I am to this program and this individual, my blood pressure rises, as I know the real kid. However, I won't engage in creating an inferno that can't be controlled. I would be better off sitting with Ms. Hitchbone64 and Princess Hitchbone64 and watch Amerian Idol.

GO CAVS!!!

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

american idol? now you've lost it hitch....i leave the room when it comes on and my wife watches it....anyway, got my 4 tickets today, flu and all

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

bronc21 wrote:american idol? now you've lost it hitch....i leave the room when it comes on and my wife watches it....anyway, got my 4 tickets today, flu and all

Hope you get to feeling better. My wife has it as well, and yes she was watching the idol. I just tune the stuff out.

GO CAVS!!!

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

One thing about trash talking,you should be able to handle it.My thing is if you can dish out,you better be able to receive it back.Just like playing physical with a kid putting your hands all over him or shoving you better be able to receive the same kind of treatment.Hitchbone 64, I remember player number 2 that you are talking about.That happened back in the 84-85 season.If it's the same incident,The youngman was about 6'4" the coach took him out during the 2 or 3 period for some reason.He and the coach got into a heated argument as he walked off the court,he threw his jersey up in the home crowd,as he walked off the court.I was a Sophmore,sitting on the bench that game.One thing about Coach Cuppet regardless if you was the top dog on the team,he benched your butt.That's something that I have not witness,here in the last two decades.I'm not talking about because a kid missed a shot,I'm talking about running of the mouth and so forth.

CHS Sports
Freshman Team

Post by CHS Sports »

biggdowgg wrote:Hitchens lit us up for 33 points tonight, he had some things to say to our kids,,,but our kids have done the same thing,,,,

he talked his smack, but at the breaks, I would see him go to our kids that was gaurding him, and shake their hand, and pat them on the head ......

enough said

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

O.R.prep wrote:First of all, As someone who works around the media circle. That is one of the most NO CLASS articles I have ever read.

Z-ville fans-Must you be reminded of how classy a former Blue Devil was when Cleveland Heights beat you in the state championship game. (Mr Martin threw his medal on the floor like a baby. Only to the Boo's to all in attendence. (NOW THAT IS A CLASS PROGRAM) Please just except the fact .You have yet to beat the CAVS.

The Fan- You must really know alot about theCavs program. Quit living in the past. Do people understand that Coach Kellough has went farther in
his short time at CHS then Tom Cuppet ever did. Also with Knights, Dawes ,Smith, Benson, Turner, and also a 6'7 inch freshman in the mix there is more on the way (By the way if you don't like the Swagger of Humpty just wait for Malik. He is ranked as the 30th best 8th grader in the nation.(You will just love his swagger)

i would like to know where you saw the rankings for that

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

brutally-O.R. has some very good connections in the rankings business to say the least.

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

Dshanton3- Thanks-One thing is, I know you are someone with more strength than me. I just have not been able to bite my tounge with some of the comments on this thread.

brutally- It is part of what I do .I am with a Prep Publication. Also Hoop Scoop out of Louisville came out first with there mid season rankings and Malik was ranked at that spot as and 8th grader.

Question is Is He? It is hard to determine at that stage. However he is 6'7 Runs very well for his size. And can Jump out of the gym. And when you can do that at that age and your that big your going to be ranked very high. Only the future development of malik will tell his future. All I can say is if he developes his skills with his ability WATCH OUT!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

O.R. Prep..

You didn't give me a response or show me any luv!!! Hopefully all of us have calmed down now. I spoke with Hump Sr. tonight and I think we are on the same page. Kids are focused and try to finish off with two strong games against Athens and Waverly. Then it is showtime.

My hope is Coach K. turns the team up a few degrees and give the kids 3 qtrs plus tomorrow night and then let the Seniors "do their thing" on Tuesday night.

Tuesday will be a special night. We have came a long way in three short years haven't we.

GO CAVS!!!

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

this team has grown alot since their home court days at ouc. just wish they could hang around for a few more years

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

Sorry- Hitch- Believe me, I know what you are doing. The word says (Blessed are the peace makers) Your just fullfilling who you are. I know It has got to be hard for you on a thread like this. However I am heeding your advice in reguards to this thread. ( But to be honest it has not been easy.)

Let's get ready. and watch this team finish this race.Finishing the season with only one loss could be real sweet headed into the tourneys.
Go Cavs.

O.R Prep- OUT

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^^^

Yes, "Blessed are the peacemakers", but this peacemaker wants to see the 32 minute version of Nolan Richardson's "40 minutes of Hell".

I think the heat is about to be turned up just as the weather is getting colder. I love this time of year. Unfortunately a few teams may feel some heat and pain as this team rolls into the sectional.

Yes, it would be good to run 3 in a row and finish out strong. Lets get this one out of the way tomorrow and see what happens Tuesday. Wed-Sat next week will have these forums talking.

GO CAVS!!!

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

Some of you people on here need to get in your time machine and get into the 21st century. Trash Talking is apart of the game, as long as there is no fighting get over it.

People it's called emotions it comes with the game of basketball.

It reminds me of last year when Chilli was Trailing VC, and went on that huge run and had back to back dunks. I remember all the players jumping up and down and going crazy. However, sure enough after the game back on here people complaining about chillicothe being arrogant and not winning with class. I guess you're just suppose to go on a 15-0 run and just have no emotion whatso ever

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Hitch;; How many ticket's are u guy's sending to Zville i know the parent's can pick up there's monday and believe the rest will go to season ticket holder's.I would say if u ain't got a ticket prior to tip off ur not getting in. :cry: :cry: :cry: Hope the student section get's some too....

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

i would imagine they start selling tickets at 5 pm. and i'd be surprised if they werent sold out by 5:30. i dont think many county teams play that night ,so expect quite a few of them coming. got my 4 already!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”