Meigs vs Alex 1/25, Meigs vs RV 1/26

spaceball1
Waterboy

Meigs vs Alex 1/25, Meigs vs RV 1/26

Post by spaceball1 »

Any thoughts?
These will be 2 hard fought games for the Marauders, but I give them 2 close wins, bringing them to 8-8. Meigs has improved a lot since their first meetings with these 2 schools,even with their starting point guard gone. It looks like 2 more great games to watch.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I thought Bolin was their starting pt. guard, he isn't gone is he?

spaceball1
Waterboy

Post by spaceball1 »

No. Bolin was the point briefly at the beginning of the season, he is not gone. Jeremy Smith has had some academic issues and is no longer eligible.

Thunder
Waterboy

Post by Thunder »

Any score from Meigs vs Alex ?

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

alex by about 10? 68 to 57 i think. meigs was very flat. probably has to do with the school week. no excuses though alex wanted it more. we gotta beat teams like this if we are going to where we can go. i know we can. 2 of our spark plugs just did not fire up. could be this flu going around. gotta get it fixed quick got river valley sat. hold your heads up kids. the last time you played alex they killed you. this time they knew it was a game.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Is Toler still inactive after moving to the Alexander school district :?:

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

i believe so since he didnt play last night

jottings
SEOPS H

Any score yet on Meigs-River Valley?

Post by jottings »

Got a final on this one?

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

river valley by 2 62-60. last second shot by the frazier kid i think. good game meigs had the lead to mid way 3rd quarter but run out of gas. river valley just comes right at you. heart breaker to lose.much better sportsmanship than last years sorry display. no body doing flips and showing their belly roll! hey i do have 1 though the rv principal was taking alot of flash pictures at key times, is not that wrong?

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

tough loss meigs....idk if its just me but it seems too me meigs always plays a strong first half...but then comes out in the second and it seems like they r a different team...this has happen i think in a good amount of games...but mayb thats just wat i think

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Frazier hits another one.(oak hill buzzer beater) Great job by Raiders bench and coaching staff. If MHS coach would have spent more time coaching and less time on the complaining to refs, things may have been different. :cry: :cry:

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

fasteach wrote:river valley by 2 62-60. last second shot by the frazier kid i think. good game meigs had the lead to mid way 3rd quarter but run out of gas. river valley just comes right at you. heart breaker to lose.much better sportsmanship than last years sorry display. no body doing flips and showing their belly roll! hey i do have 1 though the rv principal was taking alot of flash pictures at key times, is not that wrong?

I assume you are talking about the rudeness of Meigs student section toward the RV cheerleaders last year?

scooper
Waterboy

Meigs-River Valley

Post by scooper »

I think Coach Ewing had a reason to gripe, the clock didn't start on time on five different occasions, the clock started at the end of the half when the RV guard got the ball to the top of the key on the opposite end of the floor, at least three seconds should have run off before they started it. Outstanding jib by Coaches Layton and Deel and great job kids you swept a good team tonight. Keep in up in the tournaments

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

hey scooper how about the ref that just knew charge and not block? or the gum chewing announcer. terrible display has to be everyone hiring their relatives. on a neutral court meigs wins.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Didn't RV beat Meigs on their homecourt earlier this year?

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

if you think that team was anything like it is now, you have not seen meigs basketball for at least a month. they are loads better. not even close.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

When offensive players put their head down and lower their shoulder on an out of control drive to the basket chances are a charge foul will be called. IMO there could have been more called.
Quit crying. :cry:

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

still Raiderball.....the RV players were flopping everytime a meigs play barely touched them

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

no raiderball, when a player does not have position and steps in front of a player IT IS A BLOCK! whether the offensive player's head is down or anywhere else. and the call does not change depending on which side of the floor you are on. if you have an official who calls more charges than blocks chances are it is against the away team. you do the math.
when the clock opperator has had 1 too many and can not seem to quite get the clock started makes you wonder too.
when the principal seems to have a need to check that flash every time the ball is near the basket you have to think.
all this cheap stuff does not belong. whether it is placing the band directly behing the bench or cheerleaders who conduct practice just at shootaround it is cheap and yes, we know what you are doing.
you are the delta tau ki of area sports. straighten up!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

there were 2 charges called on meigs all night. both in the first half i do believe. could there have been more called? possibly. it is a judgement call for the officials. meigs players were driving to the basket out of control like raider said earlier post.
your coach was crying to the officials all night. at one point in the second half he was asking for a timeout as rv was bringing the ball up the court. doesnt he know he cant do that? :oops:
what are you talking about cheerleaders for anyway?

Return to “Boys Basketball”