Dayton Dunbar ( # 1 ) vs Chillicothe ( # 5 ) at Wellston

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

Cavs D was the diff. and you're right, Humpty was easily the best player on the floor

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

IMO, Chilly was the team doing the trash talking.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I agree.

It was also nice to be a section of Chillicothe fans, all of them ADULTS by the way, leading the "Overrated" Cheer. Nice. :roll:

However, Anthony Hitchens is one of the best high school players I have ever seen in person and I have seen a few; Granville Waiters, Jay Burson, Jim Jackson, Estaban Weaver, Samaki Walker, Bill Walker, OJ Mayo and now I will add Hitchens to list, a performance that I will file away in my memory banks.

Wow! :shock:

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

in their defense i cant count a single time Chilli was taking the ball out of bounds that the person checking Hitchens was leaning on him with his face in his ear talking non-stop. Humpty didnt lose composure though and did the talking with his play in the 4th quarter. both teams jawed more than they should but trash talking isn't commonplace for Chilli games so you tell me who in this equation sparked it.

hawkeye, thanks for the kind words on Hitchens. imagine what he'd do if he were 6'1" :shock:

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
earp
S

Post by earp »

Awesome win for Southern Ohio! Great job! Everyone in here in Proctorvegas was pulling for ya! Now cheer on those Fairland Dragons tomorrow againist Akron Hoban! :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

We were there....Great game. Stu hit a big shot in the 2nd half when it counted, Caleb was superb and Humpty hitting all those buckets in the late period, when they were needed. Seth and Ray rebounding...Great crowd great game :!:

What can you say....Great game Cavaliers :!:

The CAVS represented a great victory for Chillicothe, Southern Ohio Basketball and the SEOAL. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

hawkeyepierce wrote:

I agree.

It was also nice to be a section of Chillicothe fans, all of them ADULTS by the way, leading the "Overrated" Cheer. Nice. :roll:

However, Anthony Hitchens is one of the best high school players I have ever seen in person and I have seen a few; Granville Waiters, Jay Burson, Jim Jackson, Estaban Weaver, Samaki Walker, Bill Walker, OJ Mayo and now I will add Hitchens to list, a performance that I will file away in my memory banks.

Wow! :shock:

Yes , That was embarrasing as a Cav fan , The "Adults" chanting that overated stuff .Very classy indeed .

IMO Dunbar was whining and talking trash the whole game...

GO CAVS!
Riding the Bench

Post by GO CAVS! »

Yery classy of the girls basketball team to ride from Warren after their game and root on the boys team. WAY TO GO TO BOTH LADYS AND BOYS baketball teams. Funny thing is.....Chillicothe used to be a basketball school, then for sometime it was a football school, and now it is a basketball school again!!!

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Tremendous game by both teams, effort by the Cavs, and overall classy setup by Wellston H.S. Chilly's kids definately brought their "A" game. With that much speed, athleticism, and at least a 3 man rotation facing him on the defensive end, that may be as close to a "going off" game as you will see out of Humpty. Ray and Benson literally cancelled each other out. Thought Seth was the unsung hero for the Cavs with his rebounding and overall "grunt" work around the basket. Has been stated on here before, would simply NOT want to face Chilly's 3 guards on the defensive end of the floor... thought they kept Dunbar from getting too many easy entry looks to Benson, which was key. Finally, regarding all the "jawing" back and forth... anymore, this seems to be commonplace, and a "game within the game" in high school sports, predominately in basketball and football. These kids are VERY familiar with each other nowadays due to the extensive AAU schedules, camps, etc. IMO, ALOT of it is friendly "banter" that can obviously get taken the wrong way in the heat of battle. The jockeying and pushing prior to inbounds passes seems to be as common as fighting for position in the post. Does some of it cross the line? Maybe, thought the officials last night were aware of it, and handled the situation fairly well. But mostly, following the game, I thought both teams' kids AND coaches were very sportsmanlike... handshakes and hugs aplenty. Enjoy this time Chilly basketball fans!!! Not too many programs can say they have taken down 2 #1's in less than a year. Get ready for the 'Ville, and Go Cavs!!!

Calling it like it is...
bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

If you build it, they will come
Army
S

Post by Army »

GO CAVS! wrote:Yery classy of the girls basketball team to ride from Warren after their game and root on the boys team. WAY TO GO TO BOTH LADYS AND BOYS baketball teams. Funny thing is.....Chillicothe used to be a basketball school, then for sometime it was a football school, and now it is a basketball school again!!!

I hope we start to be both very very soon.....SEOAL :!: :-D

A sleeping Giant is ready to be awaken :!: :shock: :-D

Return to “Boys Basketball”