South Point vs. Chesapeake - 1/8/08

PointerFan02
Freshman Team

South Point vs. Chesapeake - 1/8/08

Post by PointerFan02 »

Pointers get a big win tonight over Fairland. Now comes Chesapeake on Tuesday. I don't know about other people, but I still consider this a big rival game. I'm just not sure that people get as excited for this game as they used to, or as excited as I do. Over the past 10 years that I've been attending SP games, this has almost always been an exciting game.

Any thoughts?

REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Post by REDMEN FAN »

Pointers by 10

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

peake by 4

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

South Point by how ever many they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

SP comes out of Fairland as pumped up as you can get....key to this game is seeing how SP comes out from the opening tip if they carry that energy over then i think the cruise to a win if they go down 13-0 as they did at fairland they will be inna battle.....I say SP by 7
Last edited by Championship on Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PointerFan02
Freshman Team

Post by PointerFan02 »

I say SP by 10-15, but they need to open the game the right way. I agree that if they get down in the beginning and have to fight their way back into it, the game could be a close one. I'm hoping to see the new gym packed Tuesday night!

PEAKER76
Waterboy

Post by PEAKER76 »

I love it when no ones give us a chance
Chesapeake is vastly improved do not under estimate us

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I think the game with the Peake this Tues. will be a very tough game. SP needs to not get down early and play D the whole game. These come from behind from down double digit games are not always going to go in the Pointers favor! Coach Norris is using his timeouts a little better IMO. I am picking the Pointers by 5.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Pointers by as much as they want???? You must be kidding! Chesapeake will keep this one tight and it should come down to who has the ball last.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

That's o.k. All I keep hearing and reading on the computer is for everyone to mark their calendars for the rematch between Point and Fairland on February 1st. Go ahead and overlook Chesapeake and all of the other OVC teams for that matter. Fairland and South Point do not have any "give me" games in the OVC this year. On any given night, any OVC team could steal one!!! So keep looking ahead and see what happens. You may get a REAL surprise!!!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

You have to bring it every time out this year in the OVC or else.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

local superstar wrote:South Point by how ever many they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

RELAX GUYS, JUST A HARMLESS COMMENT FROM A SOUTH POINT FAN THAT THINKS THEY CAN GO THE DISTANCE! I DON'T BELIEVE THEY WILL TAKE CHESAPEAKE LIGHTLY AT ALL.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

So far the Pointers OVC games have been by close margins. I expect this one will too. I guess we will know the answer to this one around 9 oclock. I hope the Pointers win because most of their games in the second half of the season are away. 7 of 8 are away to end the season. Don't know who scheduled it that way! ;-)

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

Its crazy how things change so quickly in basketball....every1 went in2 friday night saying that was the marquee matchup of the yr for the ovc now all the sudden it comes to tuesday and youve got the only 2 undefeateds in the conference playing for control of the ovc....i believe this one will be a show as was fridays nights game....shoemaker and mayo will go at it all night there both competitive and wont let there teams go down with a fight.......biggest week of the season for the peake tho with sp on tuesday and fland on friday cant get much rougher than that......Go Point

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Championship wrote:Its crazy how things change so quickly in basketball....every1 went in2 friday night saying that was the marquee matchup of the yr for the ovc now all the sudden it comes to tuesday and youve got the only 2 undefeateds in the conference playing for control of the ovc....i believe this one will be a show as was fridays nights game....shoemaker and mayo will go at it all night there both competitive and wont let there teams go down with a fight.......biggest week of the season for the peake tho with sp on tuesday and fland on friday cant get much rougher than that......Go Point

It is a very tough week for the Panthers, SP on Tuesday, Fairland on Friday and even though it is not a conference game, they travel to Alexander on Saturday Evening!!!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Game of year in OVC

Post by jottings »

Tuesday's battle should be the OVC's "Game of the Year" Tuesday night.

PS--Focused...Could you or Pantherpaw get me the scores of tonight's junior high teams between Gallipolis and Chesapeake. There's something called the BCS championship game going on, thus we won't be coming down for the contests.

Chesapeake won the 7th grade game 42-28 up here in December and the Chesapeake 8th grade won, 48-28. Gallipolis' 7th graders are 4-2 and the eighth graders are 1-5 on the year.Thanks.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

No problem, Jottings.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Jottings,

Panthers swept both games as the 7th grade won 38-33 and the 8th grade won 40-28.

jottings
SEOPS H

thanks

Post by jottings »

Thanks

Return to “Boys Basketball”