SEOPS Hippo

Zanesville 80 Jackson 32

Post by noreply66 »

From the site up north

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Logan Aronhalt 24, Joe Prati 22. Don't have other stuff yet. I hear it was a rather "bland" game otherwise, though I also heard we somehow missed two dunks in the first quarter.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Zville didn't press much of any but they did keep them in a little longer than I'd have liked.

Aronhalt is very good....he had 24 I think......could've had closer to 30 but didn't finish on many fouls near the basket. A little short-armed on some of his shots which surprised me as the rest of his shots were picture perfect...had a great dunk and missed a breakaway dunk.

#24 made about 4,235 straight 3's in pregame.....drilled his first shot (a three) and then got loose on a breakaway and stobed himself on the rim and couldn't get it going as much as I thought he would.

Of the last 4 opponents Zville is right there with Chilly and Kings and a bit ahead of Vinton County...our schedule is ridiculous. Hopefully are kids can get something from these games and keep their heads up.

I'd like to see Zville and Kings play.....I think that would be an interesting game!

jottings
SEOPS H

Reserve score?

Post by jottings »

Anybody got a final reserve score?

Late 70s Logan grad
Freshman Team

Post by Late 70s Logan grad »

JV: Zanesville 61, Jackson 25

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

zanes/Jackson

Post by tropicalbreeze »

As I have said on another thread, Zanes players just went though the motions. The missed dunks were due to the lack of concentration and aggressiveness. Games like this that does not challenge the team has to hurt come tourney time. Jackson has a GREAT facility and a good student section, as I said earlier, just a matter of time before that program gets in gear! The Jackson kids played hard the whole game, they were just undermanned!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Aronhalt's missed dunk was easier than he made it as I think he thought a Jackson player was closer enough to casue some friction as he jumped from the block....but with no angle....and still nearly threw it down....that would've been impressive....but he had room for the better angle dunk he would've made.

#24 broke loose and I was ready for the house to come down after watching pregame....he got his steps a tad off and didn't get much elevation....lol, that's about the only thing to hust your student section. lol

Jackson REALLY gave tremendous effort to get back and avoid MANY possible dunks. That special motivation gives you an extra bit of speed.

Zville had they trapped and pressed could've won by 75, but I was surprised when Dobbins came out with a great 3rd qtr that they did give much effort to slow him down...no we weren't coming back.....but that was a potential challenge they didn't really jump on.

What's Zville have coming back next year besides the JV players?

brummr
Freshman Team

Post by brummr »

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is that the one he threw down or the one he about broke his back on?

Great picture quality....my goodness

jottings
SEOPS H

Jackson-Portsmouth scores?

Post by jottings »

Any results on the varsity and reserve games (Jackson at Portsmouth)?

brummr
Freshman Team

Post by brummr »

Yes, he put this one through. Unfortunately I lost the focus a little bit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohphoto/2167186915/

Return to “Boys Basketball”