D-III Sectional Records

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

If you are going by records Piketon would still be ahead of Adena.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Adena's 4 losses are by a combined 8 points! If they could hold a lead in a close game, they would be undefeated.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Jackson:

1- South Point
2- Fairland
3- Wheelersburg
4- Chesapeake
5- Federal Hocking
6- Rock Hill
7- Ironton
8- Alexander
9- Belpre
10- Coal Grove
11- River Valley
12- Wellston
13- Nelsonville
14- Crooksville

Ironton may be higher if strength of schedule is taken into account.

Waverly:

1- Huntington
2- North Adams
3- Piketon
4- Adena
5- Lynchburg Clay
6- Minford
7- Portsmouth
8- Zane Trace
9- Eastern Brown
10- West
11- Westfall
12- West Union
13- Peebles
14- Valley
15- Southeastern

Although, Southeastern will win some more games and probably jump more. I don't think anyone will want to play Westfall or Portsmouth in this sectional.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

danicalifornia wrote:Jackson:

1- South Point
2- Fairland
3- Wheelersburg
4- Chesapeake
5- Federal Hocking
6- Rock Hill
7- Ironton
8- Alexander
9- Belpre
10- Coal Grove
11- River Valley
12- Wellston
13- Nelsonville
14- Crooksville

You don't seem to give the TVC Ohio any respect. Way to much respect for Ironton and Federal Hocking.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Eagles20 wrote:

1- South Point
2- Fairland
3- Wheelersburg
4- Chesapeake
5- Federal Hocking
6- Rock Hill
7- Ironton
8- Alexander
9- Belpre
10- Coal Grove
11- River Valley
12- Wellston
13- Nelsonville
14- Crooksville

You don't seem to give the TVC Ohio any respect. Way to much respect for Ironton and Federal Hocking.

Perhaps Dani is considering Federal Hockings wins over 3 of the 4 TVC Ohio teams. FH lost to Meigs but defeated Belpre, Alex @ Alex and Nelsonville York. The Lancer's other losses were to Fairland (nobody wants to play them) and WV powerhouses Parkersburg South and Morgantown.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Wheelersburg is the best team in the Jackson Sectional regardless of record. They were beaten by Chillicothe and Oak Hill, both early. IMHO they would beat both South Point and Fairland by double digits.

dct3407
Waterboy

Post by dct3407 »

Even though I am not a burg guy, I have to agree with winchell. Burg's losses were early in the year, (long football season will do that to you). Also, Ithey are playing some tremendous basketball, mainly their defense, (a typical barrick team).

Saw South Point play Northwest. After that game, even though SP won, I do not believe that the pointers can hang with the burg right now.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Re: D-III Sectional Records

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Piketon at 8-3 picked as #5 seed, they already beat #4 seed Adena and will not play them again until after drawing with only one real test prior to the drawing vs Huntington. Schedule is much tougher than #3 seed Lynchburg Clay. Piketon playing Huntington, Northwest, Greenfield, Columbus Mifflin, and Ironton. Going into the drawing Piketon would have played 5 Div. II schools and number 4th ranked in the state Huntington twice. Should be no worse than 11-5 going into the drawing. Lynchburg will have played almost all Div. IV schools with the only real test being North Adams.

fhsfan wrote:At Jackson High School
Projected seed in brackets as of 1-9-08

Alexander 6 - 4 [8]
Belpre 6 - 6 [9]
Chesapeake 8 - 2 [4]
Crooksville 1 - 9 [14]
Dawson-Bryant 5 - 6 [11]
Fairland 10 - 1 [2]
Federal Hocking 8 - 4 [6]
Ironton 5 - 4 [5]
Nelsonville 3 - 7 [12]
River Valley 3 - 7 [10]
Rock Hill 6 - 5 [7]
South Point 10 - 0 [1]
Wellston 3 - 7 [13]
Wheelersburg 7 - 2 [3]

At Waverly High School

Adena 6 - 4 [4]
Eastern Brown 4 - 5 [9]
Huntington Ross 11 - 0 [1]
Lynchburg 7 - 3 [3]
Minford 6 - 5 [6]
North Adams 11 - 1 [2]
Peebles 4 - 8 [12]
Piketon 8 - 3 [5]
Portsmouth 5 - 6 [8]
Portsmouth West 5 - 6 [7]
Southeastern 2 - 10 [15]
Valley 3 - 7 [14]
West Union 4 - 7 [11]
Westfall 4 - 6[13]
Zane Trace 5 - 6 [10]

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Eagles- GW McClintock pretty much nailed it. Plus, I considered that Belpre just lost a 6'8(??) center, which will more than likely effect them for the next couple weeks.

Ironton, for the most part, plays a very tough schedule. I know, I wouldn't want to see them at the end of the season.

Jimmy- Piketon better not overlook Unioto on Friday. I don't think they will, especially after Tuesday, but the 1st time around was a tie game with 3 minutes left.

Lynchburg is hurt by their schedule, but they also have SHL support behind them in the drawing. They also play Unioto next week, so that could be a measuring point for them as well.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

I'm sure Coach Lisath doesn't look past anyone...especially Unioto.....yes it was a tie game with 3 minutes....but they were also up 22 points at one point and went to the bench too early. Southeastern will start winning games with all of their players back....the record doesn't indicate how good the Panthers are!

danicalifornia wrote:Eagles- GW McClintock pretty much nailed it. Plus, I considered that Belpre just lost a 6'8(??) center, which will more than likely effect them for the next couple weeks.

Ironton, for the most part, plays a very tough schedule. I know, I wouldn't want to see them at the end of the season.

Jimmy- Piketon better not overlook Unioto on Friday. I don't think they will, especially after Tuesday, but the 1st time around was a tie game with 3 minutes left.

Lynchburg is hurt by their schedule, but they also have SHL support behind them in the drawing. They also play Unioto next week, so that could be a measuring point for them as well.

stillballin
Waterboy

Post by stillballin »

Welston beat Nelsonville - How do you have them higher than Wellston?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

To say Lynchburg's only test was North Adams is ignorant to the fact they have played and beaten a tough Ripley team who is atop the SHL with NA and have also played and defeated D2 Hillsboro.

Piketon's schedule is tougher...I'm not arguing that...but at least add Ripley and a D2 Hillsboro to the other side of the arguement.

Ripley I'd guess would be a top 10 team in the SE district.

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

Wheelersburg will be very strong once again come tourney time. I've had a chance to watch a few of their games this year and they are a much different team that lost to Oak Hill and Chilly. We will find out next Friday just how much better they are as the Oaks come to the Burg for a big SOC clash.

BLUTO
Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

danicalifornia wrote:Eagles- GW McClintock pretty much nailed it. Plus, I considered that Belpre just lost a 6'8(??) center, which will more than likely effect them for the next couple weeks.

Belpre didn't miss a beat vs Alexander Friday night. The team played at a faster tempo which seemed to fit them very well.

Belpre 76
Alexander 67

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Eagles20 wrote:

1- South Point
2- Fairland
3- Wheelersburg
4- Chesapeake
5- Federal Hocking
6- Rock Hill
7- Ironton
8- Alexander
9- Belpre
10- Coal Grove
11- River Valley
12- Wellston
13- Nelsonville
14- Crooksville

lol. I don't see Vinton County in the D3 sectional, so FH should be above the Ohio Division teams. They had Belpre down 30 after 3 quarters, then pulled their starters. They beat Alex @ Alex without 2 of their starters. Yes, they were upset by Meigs, but that was also without 2 starters. When healthy, FH outclasses all Ohio Division team, other than VC, and I have seen all the Ohio Division has to offer.

Also, I have seen Belpre recently.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

This argument about Fed Hock can be decided very easily. If the Lancers were in the Ohio Division, no doubt they would place 2nd above all except VC. I realize they had a dissapointing loss @ Meigs but were short handed. Once all are back Fed Hock will roll!!!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Point well taken, because I haven't seen Ripley, but I have seen Hillsboro and they're way down this year, nevertheless they're a Div.II team. Piketon beat Unioto 64-38, but they will be tournament tested this weekend at Zane Trace and at Ironton, then again next week with Huntington and Columbus Mifflin at home....so we will see.

[quote="Ironman92"]To say Lynchburg's only test was North Adams is ignorant to the fact they have played and beaten a tough Ripley team who is atop the SHL with NA and have also played and defeated D2 Hillsboro.

Piketon's schedule is tougher...I'm not arguing that...but at least add Ripley and a D2 Hillsboro to the other side of the arguement.

Ripley I'd guess would be a top 10 team in the SE district.[/quote]

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I would have to say that Fairland should be #4 now behind both Wheelersburg and Chesapeake.

1. SP
2. Burg
3. PEake
4. Fairland

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

2 record updates...

Belpre is now 7-6
Alexander is now 6-6

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
fhsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by fhsfan »

I am still a little fuzzy on records for Wellston and Crooksville. Seems like seeding is changing with every game.

We are roughly 13 days from the seeding draw. I do not think many people like the reorganizing the district did and eliminated one of the sectional sites, but there is no doubt we are in for some great basketball in the sectional finals.

Return to “Boys Basketball”