Meigs @ Wellston 12/21

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

one game does not make a season, still a circus from what i hear...

I don't have a hard time beliving that it may have been a circus.....

Getting a W sure does help get these guys on the right track.

I haven't seen Meigs this season yet, but with everyone blaming the coach for the problems that the team are having, it is no wonder that it is a circus. Anything can happen any season, but how many wins did anyone think Meigs would have? Diehard fans would say 10-10 would be a good season!
The people who are complaining about the coach should apply for the job next year. I'm sure he only has a one year contract. Give up you time sitting in the stand eating popcorn and watching ESPN on pratice nights. Yeah, come in every night knowing that you are getting bashed on SEOPS about how you don't know what your doing! Give your time to these kids that don't respect you, and "THINK" they know more than you about the game. Then to top everything you will actually only get paid maybe a dollar and hour for all your time you put in. Coaching is a thankless job. I would be willing to bet that NO one would take this job!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

fasteach wrote:yeah meigs enjoy you have a week and bass master will turn on us!
see santa does come this time of year.

No I'd say you turn on "us" when your alter ego returns :!: ;-)

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Circus or not, a win is a win and at least it's a start. Congrats to Coach Ewing and the Marauder players on win #1. Build on it!

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

what other ego? i am me and that is fasteach. i have made minimum effort to hide who that even is so what you are saying is dumb. yes the us is next game is against eastern, are you going to be pro meigs then bassmaster? i bet not!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

After taking a step back and just reading all this stuff (and not posting) for a couple days, I have seen how silly and childish we ALL look and come across. Coach bashers and coach supporters alike (myself included) all look pretty bad on here and have for now given a black eye to Meigs High School. I would love to see all of us quit ripping one another, the coaches, and players. The kids have their first win now let's see where they can go from here. Whether or not you like or agree with the coach is beside the point. IT IS A GAME and we should not allow it to make us say things that hurt people. With that said I take the blame for some of this and I truly regret it. I was given bad information as to who stockykid is and I made bad judgement in suggesting who I thought he was on here. I should not have done that and for it I am sorry. I personally talked to the Meigs golf coach last night and I can with 100% confidence say that he IS NOT stockykid. Matter of fact, he was not even aware of this site until yesterday. I appologize to any whom I have offended here. Like I have said, I love Meigs and want them to have the most success they can possibly have in everything. When you are passionate about something you often react and jump to conclussions before you think about it. That's what I did and I think a lot of us here have done it. I know that there are still people who support the coach and there are also those who are totally against him. It will always be this way in every sport at every school. I have never known a coach who had 100% support from everyone. However, it's time to put personal feelings aside and support this TEAM and yes even the coach. For the good of the basketball team we should all commit to NO MORE negative posts about the coach, the players, the BOE, and yes even each other. I'll step up and be the first. I am going to continue reading so I can find out how the Marauders are doing, but this will be my last post about Meigs Basketball. Good Luck to Coach Ewing, his staff, and players! The season is still early and a TVC Championship is still possible!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

It is easy to misunderstand others' posts because there are no faces , tones, or body languages to help us understand what each other are truly trying to say sometimes.

It is a long season, and I know the Marauders have some talent, and I know that Coach Ewing has said and done some crazy things and I also know that Coach Abbott was solid, as was many many coaches before him.

A crazy place to work.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

fasteach wrote:what other ego? i am me and that is fasteach. i have made minimum effort to hide who that even is so what you are saying is dumb. yes the us is next game is against eastern, are you going to be pro meigs then bassmaster? i bet not!

Actually I am not "pro Meigs" or pro any other school for that matter. I have friends in the sports programs at South Gallia, Gallia Academy, River Valley, Meigs, Eastern, Southern, and the list goes on. If I am pro anything it is pro kids and I like good high school basketball. ;-)

frozenrope.....nice post :!:

son_ofthe_south
Waterboy

Post by son_ofthe_south »

Congratulations to Meigs on their first win. Meigs was 0-20 in the league the past two season so to get a TVC win is big. Meigs has a chance to get out of the basement of the league this season.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i agree with frozen rope but i would ask him to think for a sec. i for one enjoyed him and stocky kid going at it. so i would hope you would stay. as stocky would agree if he was here you are welcome to your opinion as he was.
now for what i want to say how about them jv's? 2 in a row! they seemed to be running around for a purpose!!! this mostly 9th grade squad took it to a veteran wellston team and won without really being challenged. very nice! congrats coach hill. now if only you can get john to block out. ha ha.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

good point son_ofthe_south.....we r all just happy because they won a game....many people may have forgot that that was a TVC game...so a good and big win for marauder basketball

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

also a good point fasteach......our jv team is the future varsity . .

spaceball1
Waterboy

Post by spaceball1 »

Congrats to the Varsity and JV on 2 good league wins! Go Maurauders!

Good Post Frozenrope, you are right, we all get carried awaywith this silliness!!!

Hopefully, the team can get on with basketball now and leave the everyday drama behind :!: :!: :!:

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

let's leave the drama on the court. 2010 do you play a real sport? :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”