Adena vs Zane Trace 12/18

kobe01
Waterboy

Adena vs Zane Trace 12/18

Post by kobe01 »

Who wins? score?

Im going to take the warriors in a close one!

Adena 64
Zane Trace 59

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Adena 4-1
ZT 2-3

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Where is it at??

If at Adena, I'll take the Warriors by 7
If at ZT, I'll still take the Warriors, but by 2

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Frankfort

downtown22
Waterboy

Post by downtown22 »

Surprising Warriors ready for ZT challenge
By LANCE CRANMER
Assistant Local Editor

Bryan Alley wasn't fooled by the Scioto Valley Conference's pre-season coaches poll.

The Zane Trace coach didn't buy into the fact that Adena fell down to sixth place, just two years shy of the Warriors winning a league title.

"It's amazing how some people thought they should be picked low," Alley said. "I figured they'd be one of the top three teams with the kids they have coming back."

Alley's Pioneers were picked to finish second behind only Huntington.
Today, just three weeks into the season, the Warriors enter tonight's match-up with Zane Trace at 4-1 overall and a perfect 2-0 in the league. The Pioneers, while hardly struggling, are 2-3 and 1-2 in the SVC against a killer early-season schedule.

Funny the difference a few games can make.

"We're slowly starting to mesh," said Alley. "Our early schedule is difficult. I don't think that just because I'm coaching here. We have a tough early season. Seven of our first nine games are on the road. Places like Vinton County and Huntington, which haven't lost. At Piketon, who only had one loss, and now Adena, who only has one loss."

With league wins over Unioto and Paint Valley so far, the Warriors haven't had to face the league's elite yet, which makes tonight's game intriguing.

"Every league game is very important to us," Adena coach Lou Postage said. "We've been playing well. It's very important for us to get out and play well early. (Zane Trace) has been tested. They've played some good teams. They might not have won them all, but they put it together and had a real solid game against Southeastern."

In the 74-47 win over the Panthers, ZT had four players score in double figures, led by Matt Miller and Rick Chamberlin who had 13 each.

"That's the way it's been all year," Alley said. "I have three or four guys in double figures every night."

Between Miller, Corey Keister, Kirk Maxwell, Beau Dailey and now Chamberlin (who made his first start at center in the Southeastern game), the Pioneers have a balanced - and dangerous - team.

"If you look at them, Matt Miller really makes them go. There are guys who can score outside of Matt, but he's the key for them," Postage said. "If he's shooting well, he will score a lot. If he's passing well, other guys will score a lot. Matt's been playing there for three years. With his experience, he's the key for that team, but with that supporting cast they create matchup problems for any team that faces them."

In the same sense, Adena can create matchup problems as well, thanks to junior guard Clay Roll and sophomore center Logan Hauserman.

"With Clay it's not just the scoring, he's taken it to the next level as a leader and a guy who can get other people involved," Postage said. "Against Paint Valley he led us in assists. He draws people to him and it opens other people up. And with the emergence of Logan inside, that's a big key. People can't go running out at Clay. That opens things up for Collin Uhrig as well."

Having already faced Huntington and defending league Player of the Year Josh Kellough, Alley hopes he can use the same type of strategy on Roll and the Warriors.

"We worry about him (Roll), but like I told the kids, if we focus on one person, that can open the flood gates for the others," Alley said. "Clay is going to get his points. There's not a lot you can do to really contain him. He's going to get his 15-to-20 points every night. On some nights he's going to get 25 or 30. We're going to try to maintain him. Kellough had 34 against us, but everyone else had between zero and six points. We just didn't put the ball in the hole."

Roll is averaging 23 points per game and Hauserman is behind him with 12.5 points and 10 rebounds.

Miller leads the Pioneers with 14 points and seven boards.

(Cranmer can be reached at 772-9361 or via e-mail at lcranmer@nncogannett.com)

Nice article on the matchup tonight by the Chillicothe Gazette.
As far as a prediction, i have no clue who will win this game. I have alot of mixed feelings about this game. My heart says the Blue on Blue at home, but when you think about it, ZT could easily blow the Warriors out. Adena has no problem playing from behind and coming back, but its playing with the lead that the Warriors have no proven to be able to do. ZT will have the game plan to keep the ball out of Rolls hands and keep his #'s low, its the other 4 players on the floor that will determine the outcome. Logan Houserman and Urhig must step up and be big on the boards and scoring. I'm not sold on these Warriors quite yet. They are 4-1 (2-0) but have not played the toughest of teams yet. Lost to a MT team they should have beat bad, and beat a LE team that was supposed to blow out the Warriors. ZT does have the best record by far, but look at who they have played, the best teams in the league and a good non-conference schedule as well. I look for this to be a great game in the still early and unpredictable Scioto Valley Conference title chase.

Go Warriors!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

ZT has trouble scoring against decent teams. I look for whoever scores 50 points to win this one.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Adena 52
Zane Trace 39

Final

SEBBJunkie
Waterboy

Post by SEBBJunkie »

Nice win for the Warriors. Roll with 23 led them. Another great defensive job by Adena on a good scorer as Miller for ZT was held to 2 pts(I believe). Adena goes to 5-1 (3-0 SVC). Adena travels to Southeastern on Friday.

Return to “Boys Basketball”