Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Darn it! What about Captain Jack's enema? :shock:

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

hawkeyepierce
I will tell you why people are saying "who do you play" now. There are a couple dozen VC posters (seems like) on here and other threads on this forum beating their chests and talking like these teams are the greatest since slice bread. When you stunk no one was on here or any other forum beating their chests so schedule didn't matter, you were bad and that was that.
If you are going to declare to best one of the best you must prove it and this schedule in no way does it. How can you compare VC to Chilli, Warren, Marietta, Maysville (if you include Philo), Ironton. Heck I am not sure you can beat Fort Frye (very good D3 school).

I wish the players and coach Coombs the best the rest of the season. Just wish some of the VC fans would follow their lead on class.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

FF, yes I will agree with you, there are a FEW, who thumped their chests and bumped their gums for that matter. But every school has them. I mean seriously, look around, there is that one guy that you see at a game and you tried to avoid him. Let's call him Superfan. Well, you know that Superfan is an idiot, however Superfan lives in the same country has you and I do and he is entitled to say his nonsense. You will bad mouth Superfan but don't let someone from the outside bad mouth Superfan. Is that what we got going on here? Trust me we have a few Superfans.

One more point I want to make on this strength of schedule discussion then I am going to let it go. Sometimes it is the team that makes the schedule look weak, if a team is good and has beaten who they are supposed too, then there will be those who say the schedule must not strong enough for that team. Does that makes sense to you? Case in point, the New England Patriots, they are 14-0 and have an average winning margin 20.8 points a game. Does that mean they have played a weak schedule or are that good? My guess only time will tell, as they go through the playoffs.

Disclaimer, for you yahoos who think I was comparing the Vinton County Vikings to the New England Patriots you would be wrong. Just a working hypothesis to how it relates to strength of schedule.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

"Stupid Post ALERT"

Yeah, but New England has a tough schedule out of their division.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Still, no one has answered GW's question.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

does anyone know for sure if this game is being played or not? i am going to make the trip up north if the game is on the 28th.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I92, Do they really? They have kicked everyone butts out of their division.

Stay tuned on the 28th.

GW, I am pretty sure that we still have the following; Zane Trace, Waverly and Jackson. After that I will check.

I know you were being facetious however you can intrude anytime.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Hawkeye-

No I am not worthy.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

@ 12-2 Indy
@ 12-2 Dallas

10-5 Pittsburgh
9-5 Cleveland

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I92, winning margins of 4, 21, 17 and 21. Sounds like easy victories to me, must be an easy schedule.

GW, stop it, modesty does not suit you. Congrats on the big win tonight.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If VC played the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the area and beat them and then 2 other very good teams I'd agree with you.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I92, Stop it, I was being facetious. You take yourself way to seriously, relax.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sorry I should have picked up on the facetiousness over the internet.

Please explain how I take myself too seriously.

and I'm completely relaxed

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Ironman92, Maybe you are like myself, are you seeing those pink hippo's too? Just kidding, Congrats to the Viking's on their win over the Spartans. :-D :-D

Return to “Boys Basketball”