Ironton vs Wheelersburg Dec. 11th

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Ironton vs Wheelersburg Dec. 11th

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wow, hard to believe no thread on this game.

The last few years this has been a very good ballgame and now it can't even get any talk on the game?

What gives????

Burg needs to pound the ball inside and use their height advantage. Jenkins will need to stop Marc Carter, which will not be an easy task.

Good luck Pirates!!!!

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

Will this be another triple-header?

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Ah yes,back to the Burg.
Will they bring in more seating for this game?
Will the clock stop or run while we errr you shoot the foul shots.I'd say were down 14 already.

Now you Burgites dont get your panties in a wad Im joking! :lol:

I look for a good game.
Go Tigers and good luck Cookie

Never Give Up!
pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

philthyphil wrote:Will this be another triple-header?

yes, freshmen start at 5

:D :D :D
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

pleasanttiger wrote:
philthyphil wrote:Will this be another triple-header?

yes, freshmen start at 5

This seems to be a new trend this year. Is the reasoning behind it to get the Freshman soem playing tiem in front of some bigger crowds or what is the reasoning?

I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time the Burg has done this this year.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just checked my sched and I don't show the Burg Freshman having a game with Ironton on the 11th. It shows them playing Valley tonight, the 10th and Ptown the 12th.

SportsFiend
Riding the Bench

Post by SportsFiend »

Yabba is correct. According to the schedule, the freshmen played Valley tonight at home, then at Portsmouth on Wednesday and at Russell on Thursday. Busy week for them, but nothing tomorrow night. It is Junior High night tomorrow though.

Also, this Friday's game at home against Northwest is when they will recognize members of the 1995, 2006, and 2007 Final Four teams during a special ceremony between games.

Another ceremony for the 1982, 1984, and 1989 Final Four teams will take place during halftime of the home game against Portsmouth on January 5th.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SportsFiend wrote:Yabba is correct. According to the schedule, the freshmen played Valley tonight at home, then at Portsmouth on Wednesday and at Russell on Thursday. Busy week for them, but nothing tomorrow night. It is Junior High night tomorrow though.

Also, this Friday's game at home against Northwest is when they will recognize members of the 1995, 2006, and 2007 Final Four teams during a special ceremony between games.

Another ceremony for the 1982, 1984, and 1989 Final Four teams will take place during halftime of the home game against Portsmouth on January 5th.

Sad thing about the second ceremony is that Coach John Eaton and Brad Walke will be missing from the 1982 team. Both passed away within the year.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Jr. High night for Burg and I believe both 7th and 8th grade teams (Boys) are undefeated.Congrats to both teams..Looks like some good talent coming Burgs way in the future....Go Burg..

SportsFiend
Riding the Bench

Post by SportsFiend »

Yabba wrote:Sad thing about the second ceremony is that Coach John Eaton and Brad Walke will be missing from the 1982 team. Both passed away within the year.

I agree and hope they will recognize these two great individuals separately.

Return to “Boys Basketball”