and you BETTER is BEST
freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

Game day...Go Vikes!! :twisted:

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

VC will win all 3 games by at least a combined total of 75+. Sorry TomCats its going to be a long night. But look at the brightside you can enjoy the lovely Ohio countryside on the way to and from Mcarthur.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

V.C. 19
Trimble 6
At the end of the 1st

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

V.C. 35
Trimble 18
Halftime

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

BH - Thanks for the update, keep them coming!

Hateraid - Let's see what happens when VC makes the trek to Watertown.

That is going to probably be, the game of the year in the TVC.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Steely Dan wrote:BH - Thanks for the update, keep them coming!

Hateraid - Let's see what happens when VC makes the trek to Watertown.

That is going to probably be, the game of the year in the TVC.

I don't doubt it will be a big game, but you talk as if Vinton County and Waterford would be a league game. It is not.

I'm sure Vinton County would think the TVC OHIO games are bigger than this matchup, and Waterford would think the TVC HOCKING games are bigger than this matchup because they actually count in league standings.

Plus, the two teams are in different divisions, so they wouldn't even matchup in the tournament, and the teams don't have a historic rivalry with each other.

Again, I think this will be a big matchup, but I wouldn't call it the "game of the year in the TVC" because it is not a league game, the teams wouldn't meet in a tournament situation, and the teams have no historic rivalry with each other. That being said, it will be a great matchup.

I just have a hard time picturing Vinton County fans thinking of Waterford being the biggest game of the year in the regular season, and vice versa for these reasons.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

At the end of 3
V.C. 61
Trimble 41

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I will happily clarify...............

FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!

Come on, you should know that I am very aware that this is not a league game, but this is for all the marbles, more than likely, for the best of the best between both divisions. That's all. No ulterior motives.

The game should be one for the ages............

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

V.C. 79
Trimble 59
Game Over

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Congrats VC.

I'm a little surprised at the Tomcat output, they must have been on tonight to keep it so close...........

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

The Tomcats have enough talent to win basketball games. They will get better and put some W's in the win column.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

HaterAid, I believe the total was 50. Our coaches have too much respect for Trimble and their Coaching staff to be disrespectful in such a manner. Do you realize that you are talking about 25 points per contest? Hmmm. :?

SD, the Tomcats shot very well. They were to me, impressive. No one in the Hocking should take them lightly, they are athletic and they played hard. Mulford, Russell, Stanley and Ratonio (Spelling) are very nice players.

Spartan, yes you are correct sir.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Thanks HP, good information to know. Just goes to show you that you can't assume anything. Prepare for every opponent, because you know the old saying, on any given day......

Nice win for VC, and good showing by the Tomcats.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Hey Hawkeye,

I have seen them twice, once on TV and the other in person, and they easily could have been 2-0 coming into the VC game, but some bad luck and not being able to finish the games off cost them. VC of course is the class of the league. I can't wait to watch the Grillo kid jell with the rest of that experienced club. I have watched him for years, and I am sure that he will be a great point guard.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Spartan wrote:I can't wait to watch the Grillo kid jell with the rest of that experienced club. I have watched him for years, and I am sure that he will be a great point guard.

Me too. Andy's a great kid with terrific attitude and a good deal of potential.

While Andy handles himself really well, his Dad is a bit of a flake with a really twisted since of humor. ;-)

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Ty Webb, you are spot on........

Ty Webb: Danny, do you do drugs?

Danny Noonan: Every day.....

Ty Webb: So what's your problem?

Danny Noonan: I don't know!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :-D :-D

Dad's a flake???? Well, I'll leave that up to him!!! :lol:

vc_fan
Riding the Bench

Post by vc_fan »

Nice win By The Vikings.The most exciting moment was at the end of the game between a viking player and a member of the student section.I have never seen anything like that at a ballgame before. What an embarassment!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Steely Dan wrote:Ty Webb, you are spot on........

Dad's a flake???? Well, I'll leave that up to him!!! :lol:

Knowing him, he'd agree. He's the only guy I've ever played golf with that breaks out a magazine on the tee and proceeds to read it out loud as a means of distracting others. Guy is an absolute wildman!

In all seriousness, he has not only preped his kid well for atheltics, but is one of the main reasons VC has such a good high school basketball program. Bob Grillo has spent countless hours working the little league program over the years, and I think now folks from around Southeastern Ohio are seeing the benefits. VC is lucky to have such a great guy! But yeh, he's still a flake. :lol:

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

A Flake? That is too kind, he is what he is...eccentric.

But you got to love him. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Return to “Boys Basketball”