OVC Predictions

IBTT
All Conference

Re: OVC Predictions

Post by IBTT »

I believe it will be a battle this year for sure in the ovc. Ironton will be much better than some would think with this group of freshmen and Travis Carey. Portsmouth has to be the favorite, while Chesepeake and Fairland should both be strong this year as well. I think it could go either way this year, but whoever makes it out will have a good shot at all the marbles at the end of the season.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

You have zero idea how difficult it is for a freshman to contribute at the high school level. Go check some stats of recent area all-state players and look at what they did as freshmen.

Cliffs Notes: nada

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Back to the topic at hand, this is Portsmouth's league to win. But the top four squads are über-talented.

Order of finish
1. Portsmouth
2. Chesapeake
3. Ironton
4. Fairland
5. Coal Grove
6. Rock Hill
7. South Point

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

Pocket Aces wrote:Back to the topic at hand, this is Portsmouth's league to win. But the top four squads are über-talented.

Order of finish
1. Portsmouth
2. Chesapeake
3. Ironton
4. Fairland
5. Coal Grove
6. Rock Hill
7. South Point
Gallia Academy is in the mix, too this year.
Lots can happen during the season, but what will happen is a lot of good competition that will prepare the OVC teams for the post season tournament so long as they don't get matched against one another like last year

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Ibtt,where did Gunther come from?

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

Coal Grove

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Portsmouth. Hard to win up there

ROLL PEAKE
inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

Everyone is right, this will be a really fun league to watch. With short road trips and staggered scheduling, I expect large crowds every night. It will be tough but here is my prediction..

1. Portsmouth
2. Chesapeake
3. Fairland
4. Ironton
5. Coal Grove
6. Gallia
7. Rock Hill
8. South Point

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

basketball is very strong in this conference good luck to everyone!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Pocket Aces wrote:You have zero idea how difficult it is for a freshman to contribute at the high school level. Go check some stats of recent area all-state players and look at what they did as freshmen.

Cliffs Notes: nada
I believe the last two Freshmen at Ironton to start or get a lot of playing time was Zac Carter and Trey Fletcher. Both are Juniors at Walsh University.

Side note: Zac Carter just scored 21 Points with 6 Assists and 2 Steals against Ohio State.
Trey Fletcher had 13 Points and 7 Rebounds against The Buckeyes.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

wow

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

This is going to be an amazing Basketball League, can't wait for the season to get started.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

This is my order of finish 1. Fairland Chesapeake Portsmouth Coal grove south point ironton Gallia RH......Some mentioned freshman not doing well...What he doesn't understand is a lot of freshman aren't freshman... Many were held back and I've known a few who should have been juniors...Brings me back to baseball a few years ago when they talked about wheelersburg's freshman pitcher winning championship game.....He may have been a freshman in name but age wise he wasn't...lol......It's actually sad what these [parents are doing by holding their kids back so they can compete against younger kids...Sometimes 2 years younger.....I don't want to hear that excuse well little johnny needed to mature....That's bull....How about we make parents who hold their kids back for sports have to get off their azzes and home school their child for the year they held them back for no good reason other than hoping they'll dominate against younger kids.... I'm not talking about kids who were held back for reasons other than sports like a sickness or academics....

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

olegoat50 wrote:This is my order of finish 1. Fairland Chesapeake Portsmouth Coal grove south point ironton Gallia RH......Some mentioned freshman not doing well...What he doesn't understand is a lot of freshman aren't freshman... Many were held back and I've known a few who should have been juniors...Brings me back to baseball a few years ago when they talked about wheelersburg's freshman pitcher winning championship game.....He may have been a freshman in name but age wise he wasn't...lol......It's actually sad what these [parents are doing by holding their kids back so they can compete against younger kids...Sometimes 2 years younger.....I don't want to hear that excuse well little johnny needed to mature....That's bull....How about we make parents who hold their kids back for sports have to get off their azzes and home school their child for the year they held them back for no good reason other than hoping they'll dominate against younger kids.... I'm not talking about kids who were held back for reasons other than sports like a sickness or academics....
Agree 100% on holdbacks

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Trust me,athletes who are not held back are in the minority today.When in high school my boys didn't turn 18 til after basketball season.They would have loved to have been a year older their senior year,figuring they would of been more successful.They just wanted to win.They were not going to get to play ball in college because of it and I would have been all for it.It doesn't hurt a thing.Get with the program or get left behind.

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Goat, get off of it dude. Stop trolling on every topic about hold backs. Stick to the topic. This is like the third or fourth topic you have taken over and made about hold backs. Sorry your kid is to small to compete or something.

Back to the topic.

I think the Panthers or Trojans take the OVC this year with Ironton and Fairland next in line.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OH SNAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

olegoat50 wrote:This is my order of finish 1. Fairland Chesapeake Portsmouth Coal grove south point ironton Gallia RH......Some mentioned freshman not doing well...What he doesn't understand is a lot of freshman aren't freshman... Many were held back and I've known a few who should have been juniors...Brings me back to baseball a few years ago when they talked about wheelersburg's freshman pitcher winning championship game.....He may have been a freshman in name but age wise he wasn't...lol......It's actually sad what these [parents are doing by holding their kids back so they can compete against younger kids...Sometimes 2 years younger.....I don't want to hear that excuse well little johnny needed to mature....That's bull....How about we make parents who hold their kids back for sports have to get off their azzes and home school their child for the year they held them back for no good reason other than hoping they'll dominate against younger kids.... I'm not talking about kids who were held back for reasons other than sports like a sickness or academics....
Seems like someone held back two years wouldnt' beable to play sports after the first of the year. Unless they started to school at a younger age then it might be a hold back.

Sorry about the off topic but something just seem unreal.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

hey
Last edited by olegoat50 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

that wasn't for u noreply got the wrong person...sorry...

Return to “Boys Basketball”