GAHS varsity basketball down this year?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

:shock: WOW :shock:

Looks like alot of controversy going on with the GAHS Basketball team and fans, family, etc.

Good Luck to the team in 2008!

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Pig, you are right........ You don't understand.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

superblue wrote:Give it a little time & ask me that same question next year... :lol:
87-85 & 74-66.... These are 2 of the state final scores from last year... Did you leave at halftime thinking the game was over??????? :lol:

and the other 2 state final scores were.......... 50-45 and 43-40. So what is your point?

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

You see this all over southeast ohio.

Kids or parents get mad at coach over what high school sports (Do you know the percentage that go on to play college?? Very small). They can't get anywhere with current administration so they rally others to their cause. Blue why didn't you or some of the others run for the board instead of having other people do your dirty work?

Coach Oz has won and lost games but more importantly he has taugh many life lessons and that is what is important. Gallia like others right now is not going to win the league or even your own division and won't go very far in the tourney. Take a good look at the new SEOAL and see what Chilli and Zanesville bring to it as far as basketball goes.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

if you are do to retire and the people you work for has done nothing in training to replace you not a true leader in my book. when you cry broke and the city schools need money and you hire and create a new principal job because he was ole ball coach. didnt take long to overlook and replace the ole ball coach when he retired and the pool of coaches were overpassed, hired and fired quick ,back comes the ole ball coach feels he owes the people who put him in the non existant :arrow: newly existant principal stuck it out couple years then gave it up again. hired a coach that was already passed over. there is know doubt why wouldnt these employees come back. you couldnt spend i guess you do how can you be the educator if you cant be educated. it`s time to put it to rest so these kids get the proper education if they dont what are you gonna do fire me.
we are broke :cry:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

^^^^ i cant make heads or tails of what you just said.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

The scores were directed at Jottings in a good natured way... If you can't see the point then that's your problem.... :lol: Good post 91, I agree with ya 100%..........

jottings
SEOPS H

Will check tourney program

Post by jottings »

Pigskin...Superblue was probably referring to some scores of last year's state tournament...That was two of 16 games...I'll have to get my 2006-07 program out and post the other scores.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

No need to do that Jottings.. I know what they were....... Some in your favor and some in mine.... Call it a draw........ :lol: This is starting to upset way to many people....... I did not realize oz had that many relatives..... :-D

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

O.K. The election is over. We will see how long it takes to change the retire/rehire policy.

So, who IS showing up at the gym for drills now?
Good luck to those boys who play the game.
Good luck to OZ.
Show all the naysayers what you're made of this winter.

Old School Blue Fan
Waterboy

Post by Old School Blue Fan »

Say what you want about OZ,his style of play is a little boring and probably a little outdated, but what you learn from him is much more than basketball. I have seen him there for current and past players by being there at funerals to show his support and weddings and other sporting events. You may bleacher coach as I sometimes do but do not ever question his value as a person.

jottings
SEOPS H

24 working out for Blue Devils

Post by jottings »

I counted 24 Blue Devil prospects (grades 10-12, excluding freshman Jarrod Golden) working out this evening.

Two seniors were not present--Jeff Golden, out for the year with his football injury, and Shawn Thompson, who has given up basketball for baseball.

Cole Jones, Chris McCoy and David Rumley, the other three seniors who were starters last year, reported for drills Tuesday.

Coach Osborne, Tom Moore and volunteer coach Jason Thomas put the Gallians through numerous fundamental drills.

Gallipolis (9th, JV, varsity) will scrimmage at Albany Alexander on Tuesday, Nov. 13, around 6:30 p.m. On Nov. 17, GAHS will host the Eastern Eagles (JVs will scrimmage at the Nazarene Church on the 17th).

On Nov. 19, the frosh, JVs and varsity will scrimmage Circleville and Ross Southeastern at the University of Rio Grande, starting at 6:30 p.m

Nov. 24, a morning scrimmage with Fairland for the frosh, JVs and varsity will be held at the University of Rio Grande.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Is Nick Mitchell playing this season?? Remember Larry Mitchell ?? I think 68 ? Blood line there!!! next of kin!!!
Last edited by BBallin fool on Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Old school blue fan.

great post.

John 3:16
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Thanks 4-ever, I might have been there, but I am a single parent driving 75 miles one-way to work putting in 12 hour days.

I hope OZ coaches at GAHS as long as he wants, but I just don't agree with the retire/rehire policy.

Young workers need an opportunity!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

without a doubt he is a good person ;-) the admin has failed to provide leadership and training for the next guy to step in positions for those that are retired for those who get it i dont blame you just shows the skills above your head arent leaders of tomorrow :idea:

Army
S

Post by Army »

How's the Blue Devils look this season?

Good Luck :!:

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

they look like a team that hasnt practice for awhile :shock:

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:Last year GAHS had 11 juniors on the varsity that could hav returned this season. Of that number, obviously we have lost our point guard in Jeff Golden to a football ACL injury. I have also been told that three year postman Shawn Thompson is not coming out in favor of working on baseball.

That means three starters return. I havent been to a practice, but am looking forward to the exhibition scrimmages.

Season opener: November 30 @ Meigs

Where are the other 6 at?

blue country
Waterboy

Post by blue country »

I believe the other sr.s would rather sit in the stands and watch rather than on the bench. I think a couple if not all would have gotten playing time. This could get really intersting here. Ethan Moore and Golden might have to step up and get physical w/ the older boys. The moore kid gonna be tough write it down.

Return to “Boys Basketball”