Logan hires Chris Rider

Logangrad
All State

Re: Logan hires Chris Rider

Post by Logangrad »

I have spoken to a couple of former assistants but nothing yet on reaching out. Common sense would tell me that he will keep some of them somewhere within the staff at some level considering they know alot of the kids in the program.

Live Like A Champion!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Sounds like Walsh will remain the Varsity Assitant, with Landis the JV coach and Montgomery the freshman coach.

Live Like A Champion!
duck42
Waterboy

Post by duck42 »

Cassady is out I guess. To bad.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

duck42 wrote:Cassady is out I guess. To bad.
Good guy, good coach. He will land on his feet somewhere.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Is this set in stone or just speculation? I would think that the new coach would set down with all on former coach's staff and interview and evaluate each one to see if they fit into his mindset. The Freshman coach(Montgomery) and the JV coach ( Cassady) have a bright future with both showing a real passion for the game . Being young and setting beside a seasoned coach would make them valuable to say the least . Just my observation and not to rattle anyone . Good luck to the new coach, staff and the Purple Gang.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Any idea what kind of offence and defense will Coach Rider run. I hope it is a man to man and press until the end!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Chieftain Fan wrote:Is this set in stone or just speculation? I would think that the new coach would set down with all on former coach's staff and interview and evaluate each one to see if they fit into his mindset. The Freshman coach(Montgomery) and the JV coach ( Cassady) have a bright future with both showing a real passion for the game . Being young and setting beside a seasoned coach would make them valuable to say the least . Just my observation and not to rattle anyone . Good luck to the new coach, staff and the Purple Gang.

I was under the impression yes it was set.

Live Like A Champion!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... LHS summer hoops looks to be practice during the contact days, OU Camp & that seems to be it - no shootouts? , no others camps? ... compared to Fairfield Union which is in 5 camps on 5 different college campuses over the summer not looking like a full schedule for Logan - maybe things will get added as the summer gets underway ... looks like I'll spend June going to see other teams rather than the Purple as they will only be at OU - which I suppose is a "one up " over last summer in which the team had to back out of OU camp ...

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Logan will in fact be doing a few shootouts from what I was told. Athens, Circleville and maybe a few others. FYI

Live Like A Champion!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LogangradKD wrote:Logan will in fact be doing a few shootouts from what I was told. Athens, Circleville and maybe a few others. FYI
Good to hear !!! ...

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Thanks KD Sounds like an active summer. I like the positive posts ,keep them coming.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

LHS 72 wrote:Any idea what kind of offence and defense will Coach Rider run. I hope it is a man to man and press until the end!

My guess is uptempo. He has a history of running an uptempo style. His offense will benefit our shooters especially Myers. He will want the players to get after it at both ends.

Live Like A Champion!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Does anyone have the summer schedule for the boys varsity ? I looked on the school athletic calendar - nothing listed ... there apparently is only a boys summer basketball camp up through 8th grade ... nothing 9-12 which may have been the case in past years as well ... no shootouts listed on the calendar ... please post the schedule of events for July if anyone has something ...

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Go to Athletic schedule and click on team site and click on Boys Basketball, then click on Varsity calendar. It will show what is scheduled I'm pretty sure. Hope that helps.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

June looks very busy. With a shootout at Vinton County and scrimmages with Athens and Circleville; and OU Team camp at the end of the month.

Live Like A Champion!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain Fan wrote:Go to Athletic schedule and click on team site and click on Boys Basketball, then click on Varsity calendar. It will show what is scheduled I'm pretty sure. Hope that helps.
Thanks Chieftain Fan - found it ! ...
LogangradKD wrote:June looks very busy. With a shootout at Vinton County and scrimmages with Athens and Circleville; and OU Team camp at the end of the month.
From the June LHS hoops schedule ... the Vinton County Shootout is for Freshmen/JV only ... leaves the Varsity with a scrimmage with Athens, then a scrimmage with LE and a scrimmage with Southeastern ... OU camp for 3-4 days ... no scrimmages vs any schools in the OCC or C'bus area ? ...

... will be nice to see the Athens ball club ! the Bulldogs will be a force this coming season ... LE will be down from last season (at least from the usual LE standards we're used to seeing) Ridge Young WILL be back and even better than last season - he will be fun to watch ... Southeastern has a new coach, new system, bottom half of the SVC ...

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Summer update?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

LHS 72 wrote:Summer update?
Besides summer open gym stuff, the Chiefs defeated Athens in their only scrimmage so far 6 quarters to 1 quarter.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:Summer update?
Besides summer open gym stuff, the Chiefs defeated Athens in their only scrimmage so far 6 quarters to 1 quarter.
Thanks, was aware of that! Looking for some inside poop!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

No inside stuff but Varsity schedule is posted on High school site and it indicates a busy next week . Rumor is that all is going very well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”