Post by highschoolpro »

highschoolpro wrote:All political like we all say it's a joke by the coaches

RebelZone
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC HOCKING POY

Post by RebelZone »

tvcpowerhouse2011 wrote:
Bird Dog wrote:
RebelZone wrote: Don't bash kids just because the person that you wanted to win the award didn't. Ehman is a great player and has had a great year. He earned it.
This site allows the bashing as long as it's not about whatever athens county team is winning at the time.
You guys are telling me Guthrie not Jenkins are better than ehman? Ehman is good but come on, you have to play good against the other two in the running. Didn't prove anything when he played Trimble.
Obviously the coaches of the hocking thought that Ehman was better than Guthrie and Jenkins. The coaches see more than we as fans do. They picked who they thought was the all around best in the league. Ehman was also distric POY so it's not a fluke.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

tvcpowerhouse2011 wrote:
Bird Dog wrote:
RebelZone wrote: Don't bash kids just because the person that you wanted to win the award didn't. Ehman is a great player and has had a great year. He earned it.
This site allows the bashing as long as it's not about whatever athens county team is winning at the time.
You guys are telling me Guthrie not Jenkins are better than ehman? Ehman is good but come on, you have to play good against the other two in the running. Didn't prove anything when he played Trimble.

Salty much? Seriously, let him have his win. Say Congratulations and move on. I think when the coaches voted they looked at the players in their overall ability. Not just rebounding and scoring. Ehman was good at rebounding, scoring, steals AND assists. Quick trying to take something away from him. No one on here is saying Guthrie or Jenkins aren't good players. They are. So quit insinuating Ehman isn't a good player OR that he didn't deserve it because he definitely did.

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
JV Team

Post by 1906 »

WOW

tvcpowerhouse2011
Waterboy

Post by tvcpowerhouse2011 »

Guthrie averaged 7 assist a game and 4 steals a game as a big. Best big in southeast Ohio. Best passer as a big. Best dribbler as a big. He does it all. Jenkins averaged 7 assist as well. 6 steals a game. As a gaurd. What's ehmans stats out of curiosity? Just wondering. Not bashing.

RebelZone
Riding the Bench

Post by RebelZone »

Ehmans stats are 20.1 ppg, 6.5 rebounds per game, 3 assists and 4 steals per game.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

No dog in the fight but I've seen it before. No offense to Mr. Ehman but Guthrie should have been POY.

highschoolpro
Waterboy

Post by highschoolpro »

Along with 99% of the people that are knowledgeable people in the world

RebelZone
Riding the Bench

Post by RebelZone »

Sounds like the coaches in the league have something against Trimble. I heard it was a landslide vote for Ehman.

tvcpowerhouse2011
Waterboy

Post by tvcpowerhouse2011 »

Let the batter player win, don't hold a grudge on Trimble or Howie. Just goes to show how big of a joke things are in sports now. If ehman won by a landslide, all TVC coaches need fired. Lol but nothing you can do about it now. Hope hixon won't get cheated like Guthrie.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

All-State Honorees from the Hocking:

1st Team - Bryce Guthrie, Trimble
2nd Team - Jordan Welch, Waterford
Special Mention - Joseph Ehman, South Gallia
Honorable Mention - Justice Jenkins, Trimble; Garrett Bartley, Miller; Deijon Bedgood, Belpre; Landon Hutchinson, South Gallia; Jett Facemyer, Eatern; Crenson Rogers, Southern
Last edited by enigmaax on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

RebelZone
Riding the Bench

Post by RebelZone »

enigmaax wrote:All-State Honorees from the Hocking:

1st Team - Bruce Guthrie, Trimble
2nd Team - Jordan Welch, Waterford
Special Mention - Joseph Ehman, South Gallia
Honorable Mention - Justice Jenkins, Trimble; Garrett Bartley, Miller; Deijon Bedgood, Belpre; Landon Hutchinson, South Gallia; Jett Facemyer, Eatern; Crenson Rogers, Southern
Great to see that many hocking guys get the recognition.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Now the announcement is finally official.

http://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/l ... 3bbc1.html

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Thank God! Papaw got his newspaper...

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Jayski wrote:Thank God! Papaw got his newspaper...
Glad the paper was finally able to officially tell "all"of us all the fine players who was named All TVC and POY and COY.Something "supersmart"Jayski never did.

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Papaw...if you would kindly take the time to read my past post for comprehension, you'd see that I was answering the question of who was named TVC Hocking POY. Perhaps better yet, comprehend the subject of this particular topic! I assume, that after this small language arts lesson, you'd know that it was never deemed important for me to give "all" of that information to you!

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Jayski wrote:Papaw...if you would kindly take the time to read my past post for comprehension, you'd see that I was answering the question of who was named TVC Hocking POY. Perhaps better yet, comprehend the subject of this particular topic! I assume, that after this small language arts lesson, you'd know that it was never deemed important for me to give "all" of that information to you!
All well and good and I just said the information that you gave on POY may have been correct but wasn't officially announced yet,you seemed to have a problem with not being deemed the official announcer of POY.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Guthrie only Hocking player to make 1st team all state but not POY in the Hocking? Makes no sense to me but kudos to all those who made all league

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Ehman won TVC POY and District 13 POY voted on by coaches. Guthrie won AP POY District 13 and was selected 1st team All Ohio voted on by media. I guess that would be the difference...Coaches view vs Media view (plus coaches connections with media).

Return to “Boys Basketball”