John Glenn vs Vinton County (Sweet 16)

fish82
Waterboy

Re: John Glenn vs Vinton County (Sweet 16)

Post by fish82 »

93Bulldog wrote:
fish82 wrote:If JG even breaks a sweat during this game, I'll be putting on my Shocked Face.
hahahah whatever.

John Glenn is a high school basketball team - not the Duke Blue Devils or Kentucky Wildcats.
In this particular context, they kinda are.

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

John Glenn is the real deal, I really expect them to make it to state and possibly win it all. They are all just so solid all around players. They do have to play the game on the court, but I do see them winning this one by 15 or more

TreymakerMVLForum
Waterboy

Post by TreymakerMVLForum »

I mean this with all due respect to VC, but I think some of you guys are a tad delusional. Make no mistake, if JG lost, it would be one of the biggest upsets in Regional tournament history. I fully expect them to win by 25-30, and it could be worse than that. For comparion's sake, VC played Sheridan in the sectional game, they won a close, hard fought game, 61-52, that could have gone either way. When JG played Sheridan a month ago, they won 86-55 and that was with JG calling the dogs off.
Last edited by TreymakerMVLForum on Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MVLForum.com
winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

JG is surprisingly undersized. They play fast, they are long, they are athletic, and all 5 positions can and will shoot. If this game scores more than 100 combined points, VC is losing. I've seen JG play and they are the most consistent offensive threat I've seen in a very, very long time. Their downfall will be their sloppy transition passing and size if VC is to win. They run a 3/4 court 2-1-2 trapping press that focuses on pushing guards to the mid court sideline. #32 Slack is the match up nightmare for VC as he's their 6'5 wing player. Rackley is their best scorer and he never seems to cool down. Their most complete player is easily Weir. He's going to have to be contained and forced to make mistakes for VC to pull this off.

If JG wins: 78-54
If VC wins: 51-47

Coach Combs is capable of planning for a team like this. Let's all hope his kids execute well!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I am NOT asking this question to stir the pot, I am just curious.

Are all these boys born and raised in the John Glenn area? That's pretty spectacular if so. Certain schools do have these "team of the century" groups so they could all be from that area.. I'm just curious!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

TreymakerMVLForum wrote:I mean this will all due respect to VC, but I think some of you guys are a tad delusional. Make no mistake, if JG lost, it would be one of the biggest upsets in Regional tournament history. I fully expect them to win by 25-30, and it could be worse than that. For comparion's sake, VC played Sheridan in the sectional game, they won a close, hard fought game, 61-52, that could have gone either way. When JG played Sheridan a month ago, they won 86-55 and that was with JG calling the dogs off.
OMG!!! Can we change the record?!?!? We get it already. JG should win this game....point made (at least 10 times). Maybe you could do the Vikings a solid and out the cheerleaders in for the 4th quarter so we don't get beat by 100+?!?!? I feel that JG follower's are the delusional ones. You've been blinded by this years success. What about VC makes one think they could be beat by 30? They won the TVC in arguably one of the toughest years in recent memory and have only lost 4 games this year. That team JG beat in the district finals was horrible and if the JG faithful think VC plays like that they are in for a surprise.
JG is without a doubt the favorite in this game but to give VC a District Champion such little respect is laughable.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

hateraid wrote:
TreymakerMVLForum wrote:I mean this will all due respect to VC, but I think some of you guys are a tad delusional. Make no mistake, if JG lost, it would be one of the biggest upsets in Regional tournament history. I fully expect them to win by 25-30, and it could be worse than that. For comparion's sake, VC played Sheridan in the sectional game, they won a close, hard fought game, 61-52, that could have gone either way. When JG played Sheridan a month ago, they won 86-55 and that was with JG calling the dogs off.
OMG!!! Can we change the record?!?!? We get it already. JG should win this game....point made (at least 10 times). Maybe you could do the Vikings a solid and out the cheerleaders in for the 4th quarter so we don't get beat by 100+?!?!? I feel that JG follower's are the delusional ones. You've been blinded by this years success. What about VC makes one think they could be beat by 30? They won the TVC in arguably one of the toughest years in recent memory and have only lost 4 games this year. That team JG beat in the district finals was horrible and if the JG faithful think VC plays like that they are in for a surprise.
JG is without a doubt the favorite in this game but to give VC a District Champion such little respect is laughable.

You need to understand something about JG's bracket before you post that. The east is an open bracket. So every team that could, ran to the other side of the bracket. JG had the easy road, because thats what everyone else in the district choose to do. The SE on the other hand, you are seeded and you go where your number is on the bracket. This is a HUGE difference.

don't forget, you were the one making claims about VC leading up to the Unioto game about how good VC was, so you have made claims to who's going to win too. then when I asked you about it, you said "Umm..... Because that's my opinion..."
AND your opinion ended up being right too.. BUT it was just that, an opinion. Which is all anyone else is doing here.

Also, I know you think JG had the easy tourney road (they have), VC will be the 6th toughest team that JG as played. ASVSM, Pick North, Tri Valley, Olympia, and Linden are all tougher teams. Oh, and yes, thats an opinion.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Falcon01 wrote:
hateraid wrote:

You need to understand something about JG's bracket before you post that. The east is an open bracket. So every team that could, ran to the other side of the bracket. JG had the easy road, because thats what everyone else in the district choose to do. The SE on the other hand, you are seeded and you go where your number is on the bracket. This is a HUGE difference.

don't forget, you were the one making claims about VC leading up to the Unioto game about how good VC was, so you have made claims to who's going to win too. then when I asked you about it, you said "Umm..... Because that's my opinion..."
AND your opinion ended up being right too.. BUT it was just that, an opinion. Which is all anyone else is doing here.

Also, I know you think JG had the easy tourney road (they have), VC will be the 6th toughest team that JG as played. ASVSM, Pick North, Tri Valley, Olympia, and Linden are all tougher teams. Oh, and yes, thats an opinion.

Falcon is correct about the East bracket. Literally all other decent teams jumped ship to the other bracket to avoid John Glenn. The LOWEST seed that stayed in their bracket was the 9 seed, everyone else was higher.

2-8 seeds all went to the same bracket to avoid John Glenn, even if it meant a much tougher sectional game. Pretty crazy!

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://brackets.myohsaa.org/regionalbra ... 5073&not=4

Watching SE Ohio basketball
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

This is where being Vinton County catches up to them.
They can compete very well in the district year end and out. Regionals are a differnt ball game.
Was there last trip to the regionals in 2008? That year they lost by 47....in the regionals :shock:

JG by 24

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

I have seen Vinton County play 6 times and I have see John Glenn play once.
Rooting for the TVC team but I believe it will be John Glenn winning by 25.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:This is where being Vinton County catches up to them.
They can compete very well in the district year end and out. Regionals are a differnt ball game.
Was there last trip to the regionals in 2008? That year they lost by 47....in the regionals :shock:

JG by 24
Yes, Cavalier Alum. Yes. Just as you stated, we tend to compete at the district year in and year out. However, the regionals are different, because just like that 2008 team, you tend to face teams that are not "homegrown." Chillicothe was the beneficiary of transfers and won the state. It seems that John Glenn may happen to have, fortunately, two Zanesville transfers. In which, if John Glenn does beat Vinton County will probably have to at some point face a selective enrollment school just like Warren did in 2013, or John Glenn in 2014, or John Glenn, again, in 2011, Zanesville in 2010, Chillicothe in 2007 and so on. We at Vinton County, are not suppose to win. We do not get transfers, we do not have a lot of resources, we do not have the premium athlete that will earn those DI scholarships, but what we do have is, is a bunch of kids that will stick their nose in and compete, and but win or lose, we have each other.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

VC will play all out for 4 quarters win or lose. I'm sure they don't mind being the underdogs either. They are supposed to lose so all the pressure is on John Glenn!
GO TVC!!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Pick North one of the best teams in any div.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

EasternDspy wrote:Pick North one of the best teams in any region
Thats actually pick central. Pick North lost in District Semifinal to Gahanna. But north did beat central their first meeting this year

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Always get those 2 mixed up.

fish82
Waterboy

Post by fish82 »

hateraid wrote: OMG!!! Can we change the record?!?!? We get it already. JG should win this game....point made (at least 10 times). Maybe you could do the Vikings a solid and out the cheerleaders in for the 4th quarter so we don't get beat by 100+?!?!?
It might well come to that. :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Yeah Pick North isn't very good. SVSM was a good win but they aren't the same team as last year.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

fish82 wrote:
hateraid wrote: OMG!!! Can we change the record?!?!? We get it already. JG should win this game....point made (at least 10 times). Maybe you could do the Vikings a solid and out the cheerleaders in for the 4th quarter so we don't get beat by 100+?!?!?
It might well come to that. :lol:
Are they transfers too? :oops:

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Falcon01 wrote:Holding the ball vs JG will be harder to do, because you have to beat the press first.

Think VC has to hope they struggle to shoot it early in the convo, and it stays close so they make JG start to feel the pressure. Then maybe they press and do things out of character. But I'll be shocked if JG doesn't win by 30.
Nice points muskie01!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Thank you

Return to “Boys Basketball”