John Glenn vs Vinton County (Sweet 16)

bbn77
All Conference

Re: John Glenn vs Vinton County (Sweet 16)

Post by bbn77 »

Or even a few years ago in Jackson..
Wheelersburg held the ball from Zac Carter and Trey Fletcher's ironton Tigers. Final score was somewhere within 43-35. Ironton made it to the Final 4 that year

ROLL PEAKE
FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

John Glenn does have 2 players going D1, to the two worst basketball schools in the Southern Conference. And while that's bigger than anyone left in the SE District is going, I just hope people don't make a gigantic deal out of VMI and The Citadel.

I'll take the Muskies by 15, but they haven't shown to be unstoppable on the big floor, especially since they are 0-2 against non East District teams when they have been there.

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I would love to see VC win this game for SEO, but I see John Glenn taking this game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm gonna pick the underdogs!
GO VC
GO TVC!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

FannyPack wrote:John Glenn does have 2 players going D1, to the two worst basketball schools in the Southern Conference. And while that's bigger than anyone left in the SE District is going, I just hope people don't make a gigantic deal out of VMI and The Citadel.

I'll take the Muskies by 15, but they haven't shown to be unstoppable on the big floor, especially since they are 0-2 against non East District teams when they have been there.
Rackley chose VMI as a tribute to his friend and former teammate who had passed, he has several offers and the rumblings at their game last night was that he plans to decommit as he has a big ten offer and several Mac offers now. Weir is going to Air Force, not the Citadel. Their third guard, slack, is going to land at one of the top d2 programs in the country, the glue guy blatt is a D1 soccer recruit and the sophomore guard Blevins is the best athlete who is gaining d1 interest already. Three straight regional appearances and played some big time competition this year, and beat them. It will be a massive upset if anyone beats them in this region....but that's why they play the game

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

My picking record is horrible so I'll take John Glenn by 15. Now Vinton will probably win

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

I just got a feeling! Have had one all season. This Vikings team has no quit in them. Shock everyone again! Go Vikes!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Question for PFloyd. You had us ranked #5 on you seop elite, where do you have us now after us beasting two teams you had ahead of us?

Kennyk
Riding the Bench

Post by Kennyk »

Just think, the number 1 team in the state in D1 and the 9th ranked team in the nation, the Wayne Warriors(my Alma Mater). Just lost Wednesday in the districts. VC has to come out shooting, can't come out cold and play great defense! Haven't seen John Glenn play, but have read nothing but good about them. Rooting for the Vikings, just as I have every game this season!! Lights out boys!!!!

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

I will not make predictions on this game. However, Dayton Wayne is done, Columbus Northland is done, Medina is done, Lakewood St Edward is done and Defiance is done; all these teams were so called so much better than all the rest.
You have to play the game and anything can happen on a given night.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

John Glenn is one of the better teams I've seen in the last 10 years that will play in the Regional at the Convo. Quick, deep, aggressive, tons of pressure, shooters.

I'm not saying Vinton County CAN'T do it, they'll just have to play lights out and hope they catch John Glenn on an off night.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Here is what I know. John Glenn is a very fine basketball team. Their record, their coaches, and their community tell us so, and they have rightly earn their accolades. But so be it. There are many questions that will arise, and yes, while it is fun to speculate about, banter with, and express your opinions concerning Thursday's game, please keep in mind that these are teenagers. No one knows, what could happen with any kind of certainty and to proclaim that you do, says more about you than it does about the game.

Can Vinton County handle the pressure? I believe so. We have four outstanding guards that are great ball-handlers that are physical and tough.

Can Vinton County run with John Glenn? Both teams like to play in transition, so for me, I am excited to see what the Vikings will do and how Coach Combs will approach this aspect of this contest.

Can Vinton County defend John Glenn's DI prospects? I think so. We are a defensive minded team and have been all year, besides, physicality is something we have never avoided.

Can Vinton County win? Absolutely. On any given night. If not, I will cheer lead the Little Muskies onto state. After all, the last time we were in this situation we lost to the eventual state champion.

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

JG is very solid at all 5 positions. Probably the best defensive team in the state. They will be hard to beat, but I have a feeling that VC WON'T get beat by 40.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

(Short) Series History...

2010: Vinton Co. 51-38 (@ OU Holzer Invitational)

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Although Vinton County is a big underdog in this game, the best team doesn't always win. I have been going to the regionals for almost 40 years, and have been an eyewitness to some stunning upsets.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

^^^^^ trojandave is old lol

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Here is the latest release of the Viking Roundball Podcast. A complete run down from Coach Combs and Host Carl Knox on the District Championship win over Fairfield Union and preview of John Glenn. Guests this week are Ohio Hall of Fame Coach inductee, Norm Persin and Matt's wife, Amy Combs. You don't wanna miss this one Viking Nation! A must listen.......

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/vrbh030716

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ironman92 wrote:^^^^^ trojandave is old lol
He's so old he helped Naismith figure out the first rules of the game! :lol: :mrgreen:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
fish82
Waterboy

Post by fish82 »

If JG even breaks a sweat during this game, I'll be putting on my Shocked Face.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

fish82 wrote:If JG even breaks a sweat during this game, I'll be putting on my Shocked Face.
hahahah whatever.

John Glenn is a high school basketball team - not the Duke Blue Devils or Kentucky Wildcats.

Return to “Boys Basketball”