#2 Lynchburg-Clay vs #3 Wheelersburg

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: #2 Lynchburg-Clay vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote:
UKNate wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:

They definitely have more talent than you're giving credit for. Holden is arguably the best freshman is all of SE Ohio. Lotspeich is talented and an athletic freak, he can alter and block shots with the best of them. I really like the Coleman kid, seems like a tough kid and is physical down low with a nice touch. Then they're surrounded by top notch athletes (they must be top notch because look at their success on the football field and baseball diamond).
How old is Lotspeich? is he young or an upperclassmen? He can be and is a great asset, but he needs to learn to stay down and just use his length to wall up and alter shots, Lynchburg really exposed this with the shot fake, he couldn't stay down.
He was a junior this year, so will be a senior next year.
You can't recall their last loss but you know their roster status. I agree with the dead crowd. Ater is going to have to put them in the final four to get the community excited, it's just the way it is. In order, football, baseball, then basketball. Next year, should have a chance to get to regional but fairland is stacked for the next two years.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I agree Fairland was the only team that looked like it had a chance to advance. This the lowest amount of talent that I have ever seen this late in the tournament. Remember just my opinion and it means nothing.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

wobycat wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:
UKNate wrote:
How old is Lotspeich? is he young or an upperclassmen? He can be and is a great asset, but he needs to learn to stay down and just use his length to wall up and alter shots, Lynchburg really exposed this with the shot fake, he couldn't stay down.
He was a junior this year, so will be a senior next year.
You can't recall their last loss but you know their roster status. I agree with the dead crowd. Ater is going to have to put them in the final four to get the community excited, it's just the way it is. In order, football, baseball, then basketball. Next year, should have a chance to get to regional but fairland is stacked for the next two years.

What is your beef with me? Yes, I know Lotspeich is a junior. Why? I saw them play twice vs. South Webster. And no, before this Lynchburg loss, I DON'T know who Wheelersburg's last loss was to. Nor do I care.

Get your head out of Ater's hind-end and start paying attention. This is the same thing that happened at Webster. While the talent was there, support and participation dropped DRASTICALLY. How can that happen? You decide for yourself. And from what I saw from the crowd of Wheelersburg at the Convo the other day, history is repeating itself.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ater has nothing to do with the kids. Most people feel the same way you do about him. I'm not sure if he stays or goes but I believe he knows basketball, that doesn't always translate to being a coach.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

wobycat wrote:Ater has nothing to do with the kids. Most people feel the same way you do about him. I'm not sure if he stays or goes but I believe he knows basketball, that doesn't always translate to being a coach.
I absolutely do agree that he knows basketball. Very knowledgeable, actually. It's all the other nonsense that he struggles with.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
OU812
Waterboy

Post by OU812 »

Agree. The coach has basketball knowledge but IMO lacks people skills... Just don't see a lot of relationships developed in the community, very little positive communication with underclassmen, as so much that I hear there are several HS and middle school kids that are not, or will be not playing for him next year. Very disappointing IMO.

Ballboy09
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballboy09 »

Pfloyd,

I can't find you napkin stats for Lynchburg-Clay vs. Wheelersburg. Can you help? :D

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

I may be wrong but I think Lotspeich is just a sophomore?!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

He's a Junior

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

burg should be in good shape they have some good players coming back next year. they also have the district 14 division 3 coaches poll assistant coach of the year so burg be back in the running for the soc2 next year.

GO EAGLES
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

brown22 wrote:burg should be in good shape they have some good players coming back next year. they also have the district 14 division 3 coaches poll assistant coach of the year so burg be back in the running for the soc2 next year.

Never knew that was a thing.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Crab's Brother wrote:
brown22 wrote:burg should be in good shape they have some good players coming back next year. they also have the district 14 division 3 coaches poll assistant coach of the year so burg be back in the running for the soc2 next year.

I guess we learn something new everyday?? Lol never heard of that either

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Crab's Brother wrote:

that's what it says on wkkj they have the district 14 coaches polls and it's on there. I never knew it was anything either but rolfe is division 3 coach of year and Fitch assistant coach of year.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

brown22 wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:

that's what it says on wkkj they have the district 14 coaches polls and it's on there. I never knew it was anything either but rolfe is division 3 coach of year and Fitch assistant coach of year.

Well I'll be damned.

Weird that D1-2 and D4 don't have it.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Anyone win the District waterboy of the year??

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

ColonelSanders wrote:Anyone win the District waterboy of the year??
Tri award:

Carter Nickell/Ty Perkins - Valley
Jace Copley - Minford

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

very nice!! Congrats to that trio!

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Crab's Brother wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:

Well I'll be damned.

Weird that D1-2 and D4 don't have it.
yep kinda weird it's just D3

GO EAGLES
MyOpinion
Waterboy

Post by MyOpinion »

Unfortunately there are times when good coaches don't fit in certain communities and/or jobs. I do not know the situation at Wheelersburg so I can not comment on it. But I did witness the Lynchburg game and the reaction of the crowd, it was not typical of Wheelersburg.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

If his contract is up I would not renew it. His teams at Wheelersburg have been average at best. The kids hate him. He is negative and tells them they suck! He does not have what it takes to sustain a career at Wheelersburg. I would cut ties and move on. He has no respect and from what I hear he is gunning the football program. Not a good move for him. Time for him to go!

Return to “Boys Basketball”