#5 Adena vs #1 Fairland

dragonfan67
Waterboy

Re: #5 Adena vs #1 Fairland

Post by dragonfan67 »

And thank you rosscoresident for youre concern. Yes our fabulous sophomores are all "home grown"....... and our 6'-6" center, mr vanhorne, would have showed you a true big man if the refs wouldn't have taken him out with 5 fouls in about 5 min of play.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Thanks for the info dragonfan67. I think that is awesome that all those boys are district residents!! That is very impressive. I think you are misinterpreting my post though.

dragonfan67
Waterboy

Post by dragonfan67 »

No problem ross. Just don't want anyone trying to assume or question those boys or take anything away from who they are n how hard they've worked as a team since they were young kids. Alot of travel, different AAU teams, hard work n dedication and a love for the game. And that was without our center (a soph) who avg double digit rebounds, about 6-7 blocks and about 14-15 pts a game. Just a special group.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I didn't want to assume anything and that is why I asked the question. My question arose because of the post which said it was the best team money could buy. Had I not asked the question, and had it answered by someone who knows the answer, I and many others would have assumed that the team isn't legit. Now that we know, we can all be equally impressed. They are an impressive bunch of players either way, but even more so given that they were not assembled simply for sports purposes as seems to happen more and more these days

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

dragonfan67 wrote:No problem ross. Just don't want anyone trying to assume or question those boys or take anything away from who they are n how hard they've worked as a team since they were young kids. Alot of travel, different AAU teams, hard work n dedication and a love for the game. And that was without our center (a soph) who avg double digit rebounds, about 6-7 blocks and about 14-15 pts a game. Just a special group.

That is awesome to hear dragonfan, they are a very special group indeed. You guys will have a lot of fun these next two years!

Rarely do you see a group that talented and they're all homegrown (minus one, and again, he moved several several years ago). They all play like seniors yet are only sophomores. I was very, VERY impressed with them!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
JV Team

Post by 1906 »

bbjunky81 wrote:It is incredibly impressive if they've all been born and raised there.

I know Isaiah Howell, the 6'3" athlete who had 20 points and 16 rebounds, is originally from Gallia County. I believe he started off at Gallipolis in JH, but moved to Fairland in 8th grade. (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

With the state of affairs of basketball at Gallia Academy, can anyone actually blame him? He seems to be in a good spot.
I'm surprised his mom is still an aid in Washington elementary and him playing for fairland that's odd.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

@1906

How is that odd?

Post by Firebreather »

Yea! How is that odd? Are you suggesting something? Spit it out

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

1906 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:It is incredibly impressive if they've all been born and raised there.

I know Isaiah Howell, the 6'3" athlete who had 20 points and 16 rebounds, is originally from Gallia County. I believe he started off at Gallipolis in JH, but moved to Fairland in 8th grade. (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

With the state of affairs of basketball at Gallia Academy, can anyone actually blame him? He seems to be in a good spot.
I'm surprised his mom is still an aid in Washington elementary and him playing for fairland that's odd.
I don't really see why it matters. Job and school shouldn't always have to go hand in hand. If it's a better opportunity for her son academically and athletically, why wouldn't she? I know his uncle very well and he says the boy is a great kid and loves it at Fairland. Good for him!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

35min from Proctorville to Washington Elementary. My daily commute is an hour. I would prefer the 35 min commute.

Or maybe 1906 thinks it is illegal to work in one school and have your child attend another. If that is the case, there are several violators between Fairland and Chesapeake district.

So what is it 1906?

Post by Blackcobra »

So these kids are imports, who cares... catholic schools have been doing it for years, If I could convince local districts to do it I would....SuperTeams galore . The overlooked statement is they all Played AAU ball Hmmmm "hey why dont we go to the same school" thats what I'd recommend too, the days of level playing field are over thanks to the laziness of the OHSAA so the system will level itself. Dont know if its the case, but big deal, thats how all basketball in Ohio will be soon.
Last edited by Blackcobra on Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Blackcobra wrote:So these kids are imports, who cares... catholic schools have been doing it for years, If I could convince local districts to do it I would....SuperTeams galore .
Exactly, I agree.

Look at Africentric and Harvest Prep who will (most likely) be coming down for the D4 Regional again. And will in all aptitude be advancing to the State Tournament, barring a disaster.

They get kids from literally all over Columbus. ALL over Columbus. Yet we expect small town D4 schools to compete with them? Come on.

Good news is, competitive balance is going into effect next year. Woohoo!

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I couldn't disagree more with this ideology. I think that high school level kids joining together to form "super teams" is extremely weak. Whatever happened to the idea of playing for your school and competing? If you are drawing kids from other districts, then you should be considered an open division team. That's just my opinion. Call me old school

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think the ovc is going to turn into a premier league.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dragonfan67
Waterboy

Post by dragonfan67 »

Your just a trouble maker 1906. Starting stuff that's nothing. Your first post stated!!!! (Best money could buy literally). What's that mean since you know it all. Your prob from one of schools we stomped this year and trying to start something. Sore loser. Like I said, just a group of home grown proctorville boys that love the game n worked at it. And who cares if his sister goes to school where his mom works. Hrs been since 7th grade n likes it. Give me a job there n I'll teach there n my kids will go to fairland. Top 3% in Ohio academically. FACT....... HAVE BEEN FOR PAST 7 YEARS. SO, their smart and good at basketball.Great job fairland. Keep up the good work. Love making grown people whine.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think everyone should leave the issue of transfers to the OHSAA and the schools.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think everyone should leave the issue of transfers to the OHSAA and the schools.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Could you imagine the Teams Gallia Academy and Jackson would have if everyone stayed put? Not starting anything, but those two schools have lost at least 3-4 players over the past 2-3 years to other schools. I'm sure its for other opportunities, just thinking out loud. :D

Return to “Boys Basketball”