#2 Lynchburg-Clay vs #3 Wheelersburg

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: #2 Lynchburg-Clay vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by smurray »

bbjunky81,
Waverly played both (Burg twice). Lynchburg Clay was just the better team. Sometimes it's as simple as that.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Great season Burg. A late playoff run, tragedy, and the Pirates still finish 2nd SOC and win a Sectional title.

Players, coaches, and fans should be proud!

MyOpinion
Waterboy

Post by MyOpinion »

I agree! Today, Lynchburg was the better team. LC's coach had his team very well prepared and made the needed adjustments at halftime to speed the game up. Congrats to LC!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Way better than the pirates. The fairland game will be a good one with these two

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Effort on burgs part was just not very good

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote:bbjunky81,
Waverly played both (Burg twice). Lynchburg Clay was just the better team. Sometimes it's as simple as that.
No biggie there. Bbjunky81 has a thing for rubbing loses in the burgs face.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

wobycat wrote:
smurray wrote:bbjunky81,
No biggie there. Bbjunky81 has a thing for rubbing loses in the burgs face.

I can't recall rubbing any of burgs "loses" in their face. Honestly I don't even recall who burgs last loss was even to.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I'm a Burg fan but I see very little basketball talent and not good coaching. I don't know what has happened to the bb talent, when there is plenty for FB and Baseball.

MyOpinion
Waterboy

Post by MyOpinion »

bbjunky81 just states his opinion like everybody else. I don't view his opinion as "rubbing" loses in anybody's face.

In my opinion Wheelersburg is loaded with basketball talent. Holden will be one of the best to come out of Wheelersburg.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

MyOpinion wrote:bbjunky81 just states his opinion like everybody else. I don't view his opinion as "rubbing" loses in anybody's face.

In my opinion Wheelersburg is loaded with basketball talent. Holden will be one of the best to come out of Wheelersburg.
I wouldn't say loaded but they have some talent. The kids that just play basketball need to get in the weight room. The kids that play football will get bigger but some of those basketball only kids are weak.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HEY ANOTHER GREAT SEASON BY THE PIRATES.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

Burg just looked disengaged yesterday, everyone involved.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

fbnut wrote:
MyOpinion wrote:bbjunky81 just states his opinion like everybody else. I don't view his opinion as "rubbing" loses in anybody's face.

I wouldn't say loaded but they have some talent. The kids that just play basketball need to get in the weight room. The kids that play football will get bigger but some of those basketball only kids are weak.

They definitely have more talent than you're giving credit for. Holden is arguably the best freshman is all of SE Ohio. Lotspeich is talented and an athletic freak, he can alter and block shots with the best of them. I really like the Coleman kid, seems like a tough kid and is physical down low with a nice touch. Then they're surrounded by top notch athletes (they must be top notch because look at their success on the football field and baseball diamond).

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

bbjunky81 wrote:
fbnut wrote:

They definitely have more talent than you're giving credit for. Holden is arguably the best freshman is all of SE Ohio. Lotspeich is talented and an athletic freak, he can alter and block shots with the best of them. I really like the Coleman kid, seems like a tough kid and is physical down low with a nice touch. Then they're surrounded by top notch athletes (they must be top notch because look at their success on the football field and baseball diamond).
How old is Lotspeich? is he young or an upperclassmen? He can be and is a great asset, but he needs to learn to stay down and just use his length to wall up and alter shots, Lynchburg really exposed this with the shot fake, he couldn't stay down.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

UKNate wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:
fbnut wrote: I wouldn't say loaded but they have some talent. The kids that just play basketball need to get in the weight room. The kids that play football will get bigger but some of those basketball only kids are weak.

How old is Lotspeich? is he young or an upperclassmen? He can be and is a great asset, but he needs to learn to stay down and just use his length to wall up and alter shots, Lynchburg really exposed this with the shot fake, he couldn't stay down.
He was a junior this year, so will be a senior next year.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

This game should have been a 10+ lead for LC at halftime if 2 of the 3 officials remembered it was their job to enforce the rules of the contest. Multiple drives to the basket with the shooter being mugged and no call let Burg be physical and stay in the game. 2nd half, the calls were made and LC ran away with it. Holden for Burg is going to be a good one, smooth with the shot and will put on muscle to handle being banged a little on his drives and shot.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I was impressed with the Mustangs. They adjusted at half time and ran away with it.

As far as the Burg goes, I felt, and also had multiple people tell me the same, that they just never seemed "into" the game. Not much emotion. Without a doubt the worst and quietest Wheelersburg crowd I have ever seen at the Convo.

Not sure what the deal was, but LC took it to them and was clearly the better team.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Crab's Brother wrote:I was impressed with the Mustangs. They adjusted at half time and ran away with it.

As far as the Burg goes, I felt, and also had multiple people tell me the same, that they just never seemed "into" the game. Not much emotion. Without a doubt the worst and quietest Wheelersburg crowd I have ever seen at the Convo.

Not sure what the deal was, but LC took it to them and was clearly the better team.
Only thing I can figure is that Wheelersburg had a better season than most expected and just getting to the Convo was enough for the players. As for Burg's crowd, interest in basketball there is clearly third in line behind football and baseball. I ran into a few Burg guys yesterday at Kroger and was surprised they weren't at the game. One basically said, "it's Burg, they should be at the Convo for Districts." So not much interest from that guy unless its Regionals or beyond, and lately it seems there's a lot more like him. Regardless, they should be pretty strong in basketball for the next 3 years with Holden, but don't know if even that will be enough to move Burg basketball up the pecking order with their fans.*

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Burg kids and their fans looked like they were ready for Baseball to start. Sad to see. LC was clearly the better team, and Burg definitely just got out played.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Tough way to end the season, but Wheelersburg only had 1 senior that saw playing time this year and should be the early favorite to win the SOC and hopefully make a decent tournament run next year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”