Warren vs. VC DII Sectional Championship

hateraid
Varsity

Re: Warren vs. VC DII Sectional Championship

Post by hateraid »

You failed to mention VC beat Athens by 40 in Athens when Lutz was healthy. Congrats on your victory the other night but face facts.... Athens is not the same team without Lutz.

warriornation123
Waterboy

Post by warriornation123 »

hateraid wrote:You failed to mention VC beat Athens by 40 in Athens when Lutz was healthy. Congrats on your victory the other night but face facts.... Athens is not the same team without Lutz.

And Warren beat Athens with a healthy Lutz by 21 points. And last year they beat Athens who had Lutz AND Adam Luehrman AND Ryan Luehrman AND Joe Burrow. Again, so what? How is that relevant to your snarky comments? Answer: it isn't.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

hateraid wrote:You failed to mention VC beat Athens by 40 in Athens when Lutz was healthy. Congrats on your victory the other night but face facts.... Athens is not the same team without Lutz.
Athens Tuesday didn't have Lutz, Saltzman, and Mansfield. That's probably 75% of our offense in points. We weren't very good at the very end of the season due to illness and injuries

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

warriornation123 wrote:

And Warren beat Athens with a healthy Lutz by 21 points. And last year they beat Athens who had Lutz AND Adam Luehrman AND Ryan Luehrman AND Joe Burrow. Again, so what? How is that relevant to your snarky comments? Answer: it isn't.
I thought this was a discussion on THIS year??? Not really sure what last years results have to do with Friday nights game?? Congrats on your past success but I'm fairly certain it will have zero effect on this game. And as far as my "snarky" comment.... Get over it. It was in response to someone else's post. Still not quite sure why you felt the need to try and come along to save the day. Maybe you should change your screen name to Captain America. Just a thought. Sorry I hurt your overly sensitive, delicate feelings. Take a Midol that may help. Good day
Last edited by hateraid on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

warriornation123
Waterboy

hateraid wrote:
warriornation123 wrote:

I thought this was a discussion on THIS year??? Not really sure what last years results have to do with Friday nights game?? Congrats on your past success but I'm fairly certain it will have zero effect on this game. And as far as my "snarky" comment.... Get over it. It was in response to someone else's post. Still not quite sure why you felt the need to try and come along to save the day. Maybe you should change your screen name to Captain America. Just a thought. Sorry I hurt your overly sensitive, delicate feelings. Take a Motrin that may help. Good day
Congratulations once again on a well thought-out response. You deserve to once again pat yourself on the back.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

What does Athens have to do with anything? Warren never played the Athens team that beat Alexander, Meigs, and Vinton.

warriornation123
Waterboy

Raider6309 wrote:What does Athens have to do with anything? Warren never played the Athens team that beat Alexander, Meigs, and Vinton.
Raider6309:

So who exactly was missing from Athen's roster when Warren beat them 72-51 on January 5, 2016?

I have posted the box score (courtesy of the Athens Messenger) from that game to assist you.

WARREN 72 (8-2)

Kyler Dennis 8 2-3 22, Josh Huffman 2 0-0 4, Luke Drayer 5 3-4 13, Chase Weihl 6 3-4 17, Bryce Gandee 3 2-2 11, Bishop Ford 0 2-2 2, Mason Pilkey 0 1-2 1, Cameron Bartmess 0 0-0 0, Jared Hall 0 0-0 0, Noah Nichols 1 0-0 2, Austin Barta 0 0-0 0; TOTALS 25 13-17 72; 3-point field goals: 9 (Dennis 4, Gandee 3, Weihl 2)

ATHENS 51 (3-6)

Griffin Lutz 4 5-8 13, Robert Dickelman 2 0-0 4, Zacciah Saltzman 2 0-1 5, Dalton Cozart 2 0-0 5, Noah Skinner 1 0-0 2, Nick Lutz 3 0-0 9, Logan Maxfield 0 2-2 2, Treyce Albin 0 0-0 0, Genesis Williams 2 0-0 5, Brandon Raneo 0 0-0 0, Brody Ball 0 0-0 0, Bay Rogers 2 0-0 6; TOTALS 18 7-11 51; 3-point field goals: 8 (Nick Lutz 3, Bay Rogers 2, Saltzman, Cozart, Williams 1 apiece)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

That was Athens first game in two weeks and Warren just came off a 8 point lost to Alexander. Athens a week later killed Alexander by 15. Athens from Alexander to Vinton was unstoppable

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Raider6309 wrote:That was Athens first game in two weeks and Warren just came off a 8 point lost to Alexander. Athens a week later killed Alexander by 15. Athens from Alexander to Vinton was unstoppable
Unstoppable is a strong word but they were playing at a very high level. Lutz can take over a game single handed. What's funny is some on here from Warren can use time of year as a reason for a loss but try to discredit others for doing the same.
Fact is that teams do gel at different times. I like the way VC ended their year with a BIG win over Meigs with the TVC on the line. I'd much rather go into the post season that way as opposed to getting smashed by Minford.

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Two good teams with two GREAT coaches, should be a dandy of a game.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Warriornation123,
I'll give you one thing. Coach Maddox is truly the class of coaches in southeast Ohio. Such a great guy and wow, what a role model he is for the youth. I know Coach Combs and his little buddy, Coach Kight, aspire to be like Coach Maddox. Just think of all the stuff a young coach could learn from Coach Maddox by enjoying a simple game of cornhole with him. You guys may have us beat in the coaching category, but hopefully we'll make up that difference with our talent. Don't get me wrong, Coach Combs is great, but he's no Blaine Maddox.

warriornation123
Waterboy

Sid Farkus wrote:Warriornation123,
I'll give you one thing. Coach Maddox is truly the class of coaches in southeast Ohio. Such a great guy and wow, what a role model he is for the youth. I know Coach Combs and his little buddy, Coach Kight, aspire to be like Coach Maddox. Just think of all the stuff a young coach could learn from Coach Maddox by enjoying a simple game of cornhole with him. You guys may have us beat in the coaching category, but hopefully we'll make up that difference with our talent. Don't get me wrong, Coach Combs is great, but he's no Blaine Maddox.
Sid,

Thank you for recognizing Coach Maddox's ability but he won't be on the floor tomorrow night. At this time in the season, it typically will depend on which team wants it more. VC will give Warren everything it can handle and I would not be surprised to see VC come away with the victory. Good luck to your team.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

warriornation123 wrote:
Sid Farkus wrote:Warriornation123,
Sid,

Thank you for recognizing Coach Maddox's ability but he won't be on the floor tomorrow night. At this time in the season, it typically will depend on which team wants it more. VC will give Warren everything it can handle and I would not be surprised to see VC come away with the victory. Good luck to your team.
Now there's a quote you don't hear often. "It will depend on which team wants it more." I guess I never looked at it like that. Good point!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Sid "sarcasm" Farcus. You know Combs and his little buddy Kight aspire to be like Hawkeye, not Maddox. Winning back to back titles in golf at VC is like winning back to back state football championships.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

SHould be a good one tonight at the Big Teepee. Ill be in the building to see a great matchup. I expect Bartoe and Albright to be a handful tonight for the Warriors but this one will be a dandy. I think these teams matchup very well but Warren has an edge with their inside game i think. Should be a big crowd.

Live Like A Champion!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Holler at me KD, I too will be in the house ... Prolly sit up top and bug Pfloyd all night - he hates it when 93 isn't on air and chirps in his ear while trying to keep book ...

As for the game, I'm kind of leaning toward Warren after the way they played against Athens Tuesday. But I'll be cheering for the Vikings!

GO TVC!

Bradg
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradg »

game starts at 7:15 pm go vikes!!!!

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Dundas wrote:Sid "sarcasm" Farcus. You know Combs and his little buddy Kight aspire to be like Hawkeye, not Maddox. Winning back to back titles in golf at VC is like winning back to back state football championships.
You're right. He's really turned that golf program around. I'm going to check with Combs and Kight today and see if they need me to sit on the bench with them tonight. I'm willing to do it, but it will cost them.

VC_jebro17
Waterboy

Post by VC_jebro17 »

I just want to wish Coach Combs and the Vikings the best of luck tonight! May all stay injury free and the best team advance!

Jebro_17
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

93Bulldog wrote:Holler at me KD, I too will be in the house ... Prolly sit up top and bug Pfloyd all night - he hates it when 93 isn't on air and chirps in his ear while trying to keep book ...

As for the game, I'm kind of leaning toward Warren after the way they played against Athens Tuesday. But I'll be cheering for the Vikings!

GO TVC!
Will do. But youll need a purple shirt to get in. :mrgreen: Save me a seat.

Live Like A Champion!

Return to “Boys Basketball”