SATURDAY SCORES & UPDATES - 1/30

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Re: SATURDAY SCORES & UPDATES - 1/30

Post by winningaintcheap »

ma77ox wrote:
ShoeHorn wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
And once again 3 refs...Dude, don't mention my son. My son will never be embarrassed of someone raising 3 boys on his own...One played basketball at College level and another signed to play college baseball...I don't think one will be embarrassed by me not being happy about a bad officiated game...How many points did those Freshmen have??? They weren't game changing players (no discredit to them at all) they just weren't effective. I will shut up now, because all that's on here is Athens followers....We will see what happens on a neutral court come tournament time.
Yea, whatever pal. You are something else. Every time Meigs loses it's because of the refs. You should have brought your guts...Dogs did.
No, not every time, we have lost 3 games at Alexander...How many teams go in there and Win?
We got spanked by Vinton, not one word was said, we got beat.
Lose to Athens at Athens, that just lost to Wellston by how much?

Fair game, I wouldn't say a word..I would accept defeat like the Vinton game.
I don't mind that you like to voice your opinion, but could you please remove the pictures? I have to scroll for a good 5 minutes to get through all of your posts. We get who your son is, where he plays, and what to bring. Thank you.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

winningaintcheap wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
ShoeHorn wrote: Yea, whatever pal. You are something else. Every time Meigs loses it's because of the refs. You should have brought your guts...Dogs did.
No, not every time, we have lost 3 games at Alexander...How many teams go in there and Win?

I don't mind that you like to voice your opinion, but could you please remove the pictures? I have to scroll for a good 5 minutes to get through all of your posts. We get who your son is, where he plays, and what to bring. Thank you.
No I won't remove it. Proud of my son, proud of who he plays for, Don't like it, don't look at it!!!

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Click on your name in the upper right corner. Scroll down to logout. Don't log back in til morning. Might be for the best.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Can anyone tell me who won the Meigs v. Athens game tonight?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Can anyone tell me who won the Meigs v. Athens game tonight?
The Refs.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

danicalifornia wrote:Click on your name in the upper right corner. Scroll down to logout. Don't log back in til morning. Might be for the best.
And what fun would that be, have to add a little excitement to the forum, it is lacking since it has been changed over..I like getting attacked by you all because I voice my opinion....Oh dang he is attacking the refs for the second time this year.....go get him boys....LOL.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

2nd time out of 3 losses is a bad look, but whatever.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Funny, big picture with the words bring your own guts, from a man with no fortitude or gonads himself. Ironic

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

danicalifornia wrote:2nd time out of 3 losses is a bad look, but whatever.
Yeah, but look where one of those 3 games was played...You know what it's like for anyone to go into the Alley.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Funny, big picture with the words bring your own guts, from a man with no fortitude or gonads himself. Ironic
Seriosly dude you have issues talking about a mans gonads, real good talk where kids can read....You one smart man.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

I never would've guessed Meigs being the 4th best team in the TVC Ohio but here we are. No longer looking forward to tournament time

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ma77ox wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:2nd time out of 3 losses is a bad look, but whatever.
Yeah, but look where one of those 3 games was played...You know what it's like for anyone to go into the Alley.
Lol can't really argue that!

Pipefitter577
Riding the Bench

Post by Pipefitter577 »

Start your own thread! This is a scores and update thread.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Miami Trace 62
Vinton County 53

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Can anyone tell me who won the Meigs v. Athens game tonight?
Athens and Meigs played tonight? Wow I missed that one.

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Post by Bazinga! »

I'd like to interject here. First off I wasn't at this game but I'm here to tell you that officiating is one of the hardest things to do. I'm safely assuming that most people on here have never been a varsity official. You don't understand. Secondly there are some poor officials out there but trust me if they are bad they're bad both ways. There is always another reason your team lost other than they didn't get the calls. Free throws, TOs, coaching, defense, etc. I'm sure if you look back objectively you will see that even though the refs didn't give you every call you wanted there were other reasons for the loss. Especially if you were the superior team. You weren't the best team on this night. Find out why and correct it. It was not the refs. The real reason is a bigger issue. Great teams over come missed calls. They don't blame them. Right now Meigs better learn to over come these nights or their season will be over far sooner than it should be.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Bird Dog wrote:I never would've guessed Meigs being the 4th best team in the TVC Ohio but here we are. No longer looking forward to tournament time
No longer looking forward to tournament time? If you would have asked me at the beginning of the year if I thought Meigs would be sitting at 14-3, I would have said you were crazy, I would have never guessed to have only 3 losses. Only game we were really out of was Vinton. If you ask me, we are one of those teams you don't wanna play in the tournament...We could very well have all our guys on for that given night...I have said it before, we have 4 or 5 guys that can put down 25 points a night, sometimes a few hitting the 20's...One of these games all 4 will eventually be on.

We aren't predictable when it comes to who will be making the points...Versus Wellston, Musser puts 25 points on the board, the next game he only makes 2 points. But 3 others scored equally 19, 17 and 15 points last night.

With all that being said, if we make some changes of our defensive scheme and change it up all throughout the game and add some elements of surprise once in awhile, we would be a dangerous team...Our defense needs work, our defense is predictable...we don't do any changes other then once or twice a game..Every team we face knows this.

To say we are the 4th best team in TVC Ohio is a little premeditated.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't think you can rank any of the top teams in the TVC-Ohio right now. Vinton has the best record, but have lost two straight. Athens just beat Meigs, Vinton and Alex in the last 14 days. Alex beat Meigs, Meigs lost to Athens, Athens beat Vinton, who beat both Alex and Meigs ... You can go on and on ... Not to mention Wellston (9-5) who just beat Athens, but lost by 4 at Meigs on Tuesday - and seems to be playing as well as anyone right now.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

93Bulldog wrote:I don't think you can rank any of the top teams in the TVC-Ohio right now. Vinton has the best record, but have lost two straight. Athens just beat Meigs, Vinton and Alex in the last 14 days. Alex beat Meigs, Meigs lost to Athens, Athens beat Vinton, who beat both Alex and Meigs ... You can go on and on ... Not to mention Wellston (9-5) who just beat Athens, but lost by 4 at Meigs on Tuesday - and seems to be playing as well as anyone right now.
Not to mention Vinton County still has to go to Alex (Hard to Win at) and Wellston, Alex (not the same team on the road) still has to go to Wellston and Meigs , Meigs still has to go to Vinton County and Athens still has to go to Alex.

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

ma77ox wrote:
winningaintcheap wrote:
ma77ox wrote:

No I won't remove it. Proud of my son, proud of who he plays for, Don't like it, don't look at it!!!
The problem is, I have no choice. At least, you know, make it small. Or not Microsoft word picture edit. Something. Heck, blame it on the refs. Idc what you do.

Return to “Boys Basketball”