DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Western24
Freshman Team

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by Western24 »

That must say a lot for Western then because Western had Clay on the ropes and lost on a shot with 2 seconds left. Western hasn't been able to finish a big game except for South Webster. Hopefully that will change, and they continue to play well. They have Notre Dame, Symmes Valley, Eastern, Clay and East all to play in the SOC still.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

There's no doubt in my mind that Western could beat Clay. Will they? I don't know. But, wouldn't surprised me if they did. As competitive as the SOC1 has been, it wouldn't surprise me who wins. I think Eastern is the best. They have the best coach. Probably 2nd best coach in all of SEO. They should make a good tourney run.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

In this sectional, records mean everything. It hurts/helps clay that they don't play Eastern until after the draw. If ND defeats clay @ clay than they will be seeded better than clay. I think Clay is no better than a 4 and no worse than a 5. Webster is will either go 5,6 or 7. Western will either go 6 or 7. Top 3 seeds will be Eastern, Peebles, East. I think Eastern will come out with the 1 seed due to them beating East 2nd time around and already beating Peebles. ND has Western, Clay. and SV. They must win 2 out of these 3 games in order to get the no better than a 5 seed. If they lose all 3, they may slip to 6 with Webster or Western taking the 5. The worse the Titans get is a 6 seed. Clay has Western, SV, and ND left before draw, they must win 2 out of 3 games in order to get 4 or 5 seed. They lose all 3 than they may drop to 6 seed. Things will be very interesting these weeks coming up.
Last edited by JustPlayBasketball12 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

The way they vote, yes, unfortunately. But it isn't right. You can't compare records of different conferences. Records really mean nothing. What you're saying would be equivalent to saying that Stephen F. Austin (South Region. #12 seed) should have been a #3 seed in that region over Iowa State because of their record in NCAA Tournament. Would've made Duke a #2 seed and Gonzaga a #1 seed based on record. Records mean absolutely zilch.

Also be like having 2 teams from the American Conference with records of 30-2 and a 27-5 both getting in the tournament instead of a 22-10 team from the Big 12. doesn't make much sense, does it?

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

You must be from SW ^

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Actually from Muletown. Thanks ^

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:You must be from SW ^
What an ignorant and uninformative response. ColonelSanders provided an analogy that is comparable to this situation and that's your response?

You worded that well, Sanders.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Just seemed as if you was in favor of SW getting a higher seed from your comments so assumed you was from SW. I apologize.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

I am definitely in favor of SW getting a higher seed. They should. Doesn't mean I am from SW. I just call it how I see it

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

How does SW deserve a higher seed? They beat East but loss to Western. A loss is a loss no matter who it is against. Just because SW plays in a stronger conference? What seed should SW be then?

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

How does East get a higher seed then? They loss to SW. A loss is a loss no matter who it is against.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

You are correct but East will end up a 3 seed. East has beat Eastern, Clay, ND x2, Western. Yes SW will be a tough tourney game for anyone but they are not 1-3 seed. 5 at best

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Neither is East. Has East played Eastern at Eastern?? If not, we will see who wins that game. I don't like to count games that East has won at East. (And that's only because no games will be played on that small of a floor at tourney time.) East's true judge of character is when they play on normal size floors. (So they have beat Western and ND) I'm not saying that you are wrong, because you're not. East WILL be #3. I'm just stating that I don't agree with it. It wasnt a fluke that Clay beat East by 24 points. Clay is more deserving of a 3 than East. And if SW beats Clay on Saturday night (Should be a heck of a game) then SW still has an argument for a better seed than where they will be put. If Clay beats SW, how can you say that East is a #3 over Clay (even though I feel that it's not even debatable now.) Like I said, I'm not saying your wrong. Not trying to get in a peeing contest, but of all the years I've watched basketball, I can tell who is better than who. That's just the way I'm looking at this. Great conversations though!

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

I think Clay can be the 3 seed but say Clay beats SW and lose to ND but ND has loss X2 to East. Who is your 3 seed? I agree get East on a bigger floor it's a different game for them. I think Eastern will beat East and I have East losing to Western. If Clay played Eastern before the draw that would of determined a lot of things. SW is in a tough situation just because they are better than what their records shows, but unfortunately your record determines your seed. Manchester a couple years ago was a 4 or 5 seed and ended up going to the regional semi-finals, their record wasn't great because of who they played.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

That's a good question. Eye test, I still say Clay as #3 seed. End of the day, we all have no control over what happens. You just have to roll the ball out and play. But it sure is fun to discuss it

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

does anyone know if the Blaine Scott played last night at clay

GO EAGLES
Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Hey colonel sanders...we get it, you hate East. They will be a high seed....Get over it!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I've had interest in this sectional since 1999....most of those years SW has been one of the better teams and gets paired up with an SHAC team. This year will fall into that again.

Eastern Pike and Peebles are the top 2 teams....the team most dangerous to those teams IMO is South Webster. I think SW gets the 6 seed.....if Peebles loses any at all watch them fall to the #3

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

brown22 wrote:does anyone know if the Blaine Scott played last night at clay
Yes he did.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

I understand everyone wants as easy a game as possible in first round. But you guys are splitting hairs on who the best team is. There are 7 maybe 8 teams that's all have legitimate shots at winning. Very tough sectional!! Can't wait to watch these games.

Return to “Boys Basketball”