Fort Frye 59 @ Caldwell 51 Final

rickoshay
SEOP

Re: Fort Frye 59 @ Caldwell 51 Final

Post by rickoshay »

EasternDspy wrote:How can you say a player with like 6-8 blocks was a non factor?

Six points on 2-10 shooting, Cadets out rebounded them 32-30, and Ridenour led Caldwell with 7 reb's.
No blocks shown for Caldwell in the Times stats, But seems like there were a few.

Like I said non factor "in this game"

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

rickoshay wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Great game very exciting to listen to. Caldwell never gave up. Cadets made free throws at the end to hold on. Clark 32 for Caldwell. Francis was a beast on D. Cadets- Anderson 16, Kiefer 13 , Prittchard 9, Layton 9, Lang 8. If the Cadets can stay balanced like that every game they could maybe make it to Districts.
Francis was a non factor in this game, offense or defense. Tanner Clark got his points, and the others didn't.

Tanner Clark is the " best athlete in the Pvc", sure glad He's a Senior. :D

You said he was non factor on both ends which is not true he had 4 blocks in the first 3 mins of the game. He is constantly altering shots. Say what you want about his overall game but he was definitely a factor in the game.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

EasternDspy wrote:
rickoshay wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Great game very exciting to listen to. Caldwell never gave up. Cadets made free throws at the end to hold on. Clark 32 for Caldwell. Francis was a beast on D. Cadets- Anderson 16, Kiefer 13 , Prittchard 9, Layton 9, Lang 8. If the Cadets can stay balanced like that every game they could maybe make it to Districts.
Francis was a non factor in this game, offense or defense. Tanner Clark got his points, and the others didn't.

Tanner Clark is the " best athlete in the Pvc", sure glad He's a Senior. :D

You said he was non factor on both ends which is not true he had 4 blocks in the first 3 mins of the game. He is constantly altering shots. Say what you want about his overall game but he was definitely a factor in the game.
I think he a huge factor in defense for Caldwell but is struggling offensively. I believe he did have 7-8 blocks and probably affected 4-5 more with his length.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

redskinwitness wrote:Caldwell is up a game on Fort Frye. These two teams are evenly matched. I think Ridenour dislocating his shoulder in the first quarter hurt Caldwell as he is the one who takes the pressure off of Clark. He played but it affected him. Not sure I've ever seen a coach put a kids shoulder back in place on the court. Caldwell has a nice team but the Heller kid is struggling. He doesn't look like he is healed from that broken leg and he just can't keep up on either end. The big Farnese kid and the Hupp kid off the bench are younger but are better options and I'd say if they want to go somewhere in the tournament he's going to have to play a lot less. That's just me being an armchair QB/coach though.
Don't know much about Heller but he just looks timid and slow with the injury. Saw a few games last year where he exploded on the baseline for easy buckets but just isn't 100% this year. No offense to Ridenour but I think when the clock is winding down that Caldwell should get it in Clark's hands. Have seen it multiple times this year and it worked maybe 1-2 times and failed 10-15 times.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

I don't think the Cadets stopped Clark one time when he caught the ball down low on the block either but they didn't do it too often. Would have liked to see more of this action. Caldwell always gets out rebounds from what I have seen and read because all anyone wants to do in that offense is chuck 3s and hang out around the 3 pt line

SkinIt1999
Waterboy

Post by SkinIt1999 »

I agree with witness. Anyways quit talking about the kid. He is not a factor and move on. Anyone who knows basketball knows that! At least there were no football coaches standing up and chanting back at the student section. :)))))) Congrats Fort, but Caldwell has a chance to do great things in the tournament.

Return to “Boys Basketball”