DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Rodeo1
Varsity

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by Rodeo1 »

danicalifornia wrote:
Rodeo1 wrote:Summit country day has lost to Taft and Purcel Marion. Zaire Davis and the rest of the team are beasts. I can't wait for this game at Peebles January the 30th.
They just beat Taft by 21 tonight. That's a real nice win.

Will be a huge test for the Indians, but one that should prepare them for a tournament run.
For sure they will be battle tested by tourney time.If the Smitz kid gets his legs back he will add a real 3 point threat and great defense. He blew out his knee before last season and is getting stronger by the game. He's a real zone buster when he's healthy. No one has seen the complete Peebles team yet.

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

This is a season where I wouldn't mind having to play our sectionals at megis because at northwest any of the top 8 teams could move on its gonna be a dog fight to get out of northwest and move on to Athens I can't wait

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

eagle country wrote:This is a season where I wouldn't mind having to play our sectionals at megis because at northwest any of the top 8 teams could move on its gonna be a dog fight to get out of northwest and move on to Athens I can't wait

*9, Fairfield and Manchester split.

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

Manchester has been a team in the past have 12-13 loses and still make it in districts it shows had good or tough there league is

FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

eagle country wrote:Manchester has been a team in the past have 12-13 loses and still make it in districts it shows had good or tough there league is
They aren't making it this year. They lost to Piketon and it's the worst Piketon team since 01-02.

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.
white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

What are these team's records?

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

eagle country wrote:Manchester has been a team in the past have 12-13 loses and still make it in districts it shows had good or tough there league is
I don't ever recall a 12-loss Manchester team making it to Districts. Enlighten me. They have had some very good teams, and a few teams that were just above average make it out (the SHL was much tougher during the time I am referencing as well).

This is probably the weakest I have seen the SHAC. It happens (small schools, small league), things are cyclical. No one can argue that the overall quality isn't down.

We have mentioned losses, but signature wins are also important in proving a teams place. What are the best wins of the teams in this sectional?

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

TheSportsGuy wrote:
I don't ever recall a 12-loss Manchester team making it to Districts. Enlighten me. They have had some very good teams, and a few teams that were just above average make it out (the SHL was much tougher during the time I am referencing as well).

This is probably the weakest I have seen the SHAC. It happens (small schools, small league), things are cyclical. No one can argue that the overall quality isn't dow
We have mentioned losses, but signature wins are also important in proving a teams place. What are the best wins of the teams in this sectional?
Sorry had some misinformation on this I had ask a friend because I don't know much about Manchester and obviously he didn't either

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:

This is probably the weakest I have seen the SHAC. It happens (small schools, small league), things are cyclical. No one can argue that the overall quality isn't down.

eastern pike has beat peebles,clay,Notre dame so far this season those are good wins.

GO EAGLES
EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Eastern has also won at oak hill, which is a pretty good win , and the wins vs Peebles , Clay , and Notre dame were all on the road as well. The win at Peebles was a big one .

white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

Fairfield 78 Whiteoak 61 Fairfield playing well and has won 6 of their last 8 games.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'm very interested to see how the seeding in this sectional plays out. South Webster undoubtedly plays the toughest schedule and has been playing very good teams close lately, just cant seem to get that "big win." Played right with Wheelersburg last night @ Burg who is very solid/athletic. If they get the 8/9 game that will be ridiculously biased voters sticking together.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

I don't think anyone will disagree that they play a very tough schedule. I do think that any team that only has 6 or 7 wins at the tournament draw will struggle to get higher than an 8 seed.

In this sectional you have 7 teams that are right at or above .500, so in my opinion you cant give them a higher seed then any of those teams.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Western24 wrote:I don't think anyone will disagree that they play a very tough schedule. I do think that any team that only has 6 or 7 wins at the tournament draw will struggle to get higher than an 8 seed.

In this sectional you have 7 teams that are right at or above .500, so in my opinion you cant give them a higher seed then any of those teams.
Yes, they can. The win vs. East will help. Their only D4 loss was to Western in double overtime with 2 leading scorers fouled out and a 3rd starter didn't play with a concussion. A loss is still a loss, but lets not act like Western was "clearly just so much better".

South Webster plays Clay on Saturday, who will be a top 3 seed in the Sectional. If South Webster wins that one, they've made their case for a better seed. If they lose, well, yeh, they'll probably be 7-8 seed.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

They deserve a better seed then who?

Clay will not be a top 3 seed in the sectional in my opinion either. They have lost to East, Notre dame, and I believe Eastern. all good teams. But are also in the sectional. I think right now Notre Dame is ahead of Clay.
I know they just beat East last night, but that is their first league loss. I don't see them getting higher than East, Eastern, OR Peebles for sure. Notre Dame maybe.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Western24 wrote:They deserve a better seed then who?

Clay will not be a top 3 seed in the sectional in my opinion either. They have lost to East, Notre dame, and I believe Eastern. all good teams. But are also in the sectional. I think right now Notre Dame is ahead of Clay.
I know they just beat East last night, but that is their first league loss. I don't see them getting higher than East, Eastern, OR Peebles for sure. Notre Dame maybe.

Deserve a better seed than an 8 or 9. Lets call a spade, a spade. Take East off of their home floor, they aren't that great. There will be no tournament games on East home floor. Clay just thumped them by 24. Obviously Eastern Pike and Peebles are your #1 and #2 seeds. Don't tell me that East is a #3 bc they are not. I don't care about records, I'm talking about who is better. If SW is a 7-9 seed, so is East. I watched the SW/Western game. I thought it was evident that SW was the better team. A lot of stupidity and bad decisions by players of SW late in the game with the lead caused them to lose that game. I don't think Western would be comfortable playing SW again, but would love to see a rematch. But let's not act like East is THAT good, bc they are not. Clay is better than East. SW deserves a higher seed than what people are talking about. BUT, so does Western. Has East and Western played at Western yet??

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

East has played at Western. They beat Western by 2 on an Akia Brown buzzer beater.

The problem with what you are saying is East will most likely have a better record at the tournament draw than Clay, plus they split with them. In my opinion that is going to give East the 3. Not to mention you havent said anything about Notre Dame. They deserve much more respect than they are getting. If they beat East I believe they will get the 3 seed. I do not think Clay has a chance to get any better then that 4/5 slot.

I am not sure what you were watching in the South Webster vs. Western game, but Western controlled the whole game except for the first 4 min. I also watched the game. Western was the one with the big lead in the third quarter and started making silly mistakes, and turning it over. Yea Webster may have PLAYED better in the 4th. But they def. did not look like the better team the whole game. The Western defense was phenomenal that game. I think Webster is a very good team, but give credit where credit is due. I believe you are also right when you say Webster deserves a higher seed. But I agree with some of the posters on here, where peebles gets seeded will probably have a lot to do with where Webster gets placed.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

I don't care about records. That's the problem. People look at records instead of who is just flat out better. East has a better record, but lost to South Webster whose record is worse. Records mean nothing when comparing two different conferences or different divsions of a conference. The way Western is playing right now, I'd take them over East on a neutral floor. Don't talk to me about records after I said before that I do not care about records. Clay beat East by 24. 24!!!!! Home court advantage at clay isn't 24 points worth. It is AT East. I know how the voters will vote. It's flawed. I understand what you are saying (and you'll be right), but you just can't tell me that East is worthy of a #3 seed in that sectional

Obv your opinion is biased because you are from Western. I'm from neither school and thought SW was the better team. They did not play well. I've watched enough basketball to see when teams play good or bad. Western had the big lead but their mistakes weren't silly. They were mistakes caused by SW's D. I'll give Western credit, they play hard. But, do I think they are better than SW? No. They were just a little better in that game. Out of 10 games, I'd say SW and Western split 5 and 5. Do they deserve a higher seed? Yes bc they won on a neutral floor. But, doesn't make them a better team.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

I can not say that my opinion isn't biased, because you are probably right. It is a little bit.

I can understand that you do not care about records. I know that Webster is tough and that their record does not show who they really are. All I am saying is thats what most look at. East does have an advantage on their home floor. I have not heard anything about that game last night, but I would have to think that somethings did not go their way for them to lose that bad. South Webster is going to play and of the SOC 1 teams tough because they have to compete with all of those SOC 2 schools. I still think East is very dangerous. Maybe they are not good enough to be the three seed. But I think that is where they will end up.

This comment is with my head not my heart. With the way that Western plays, their style. I think they can def. knock off East at East. That will be after the draw I THINK. But I would not be surprised if that happened.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

East will end up #3, but very undeserving. Western has gotten a lot better from beginning to now. I like them. I heard they have had some parental issues. As long as that doesn't ruin things, they could knock someone off. I just think that Clay is more dangerous than East. Clay has 3 very good basketball players. East has 1 very good player. East is still dangerous, yes. But I like Clay more

Return to “Boys Basketball”