P.O.Y. CANDIDATES IN EACH CONFERENCE THROUGH MID-SEASON

Rebel Mafia
Waterboy

Re: P.O.Y. CANDIDATES IN EACH CONFERENCE THROUGH MID-SEASON

Post by Rebel Mafia »

Ehman from SG- Hocking hands down. Last four games with 35 plus. His average has to be in the high 20's this season.

Use to be Rebels on 3 but my name was stolen so from here on out I'll go by Rebel Mafia!!!!
Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

Who else from tvc hocking? Anyone from Waterford worthy?

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

SVC....
I think this is down to a 2 man race unless something crazy happens.

Thomas - 23.6ppg, I assume less than 2.1 assist as its not on site, 7.6 reb, 84% FT, not sure on the steals number
Wyman - 20.4ppg, 4.0 assist, 3.6 reb, 78% FT, 1.5 steals

- Thomas is leading this race for sure at this point. I think how the games go this weekend coming up will tell the story on whether Thomas is POY by himself or this may be a CO. Either player would be worthy.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Lovebball42 wrote:Who else from tvc hocking? Anyone from Waterford worthy?
They are TEAM oriented. Lots of good players, good athletes. I like their line-up and bench - they go 9 deep. Because of that, it hurts any one player from being a candidate for P.O.Y.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Rebel Mafia wrote:Ehman from SG- Hocking hands down. Last four games with 35 plus. His average has to be in the high 20's this season.
What position does Ehman play and is SG South Gallia?

Rebel Mafia
Waterboy

Post by Rebel Mafia »

asb wrote:
Rebel Mafia wrote:Ehman from SG- Hocking hands down. Last four games with 35 plus. His average has to be in the high 20's this season.
What position does Ehman play and is SG South Gallia?

Ehman is mainly a 2 guard but also will play a little point from time to time. Yes SG is South Gallia.

Use to be Rebels on 3 but my name was stolen so from here on out I'll go by Rebel Mafia!!!!
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

I don't know all the players in all conferences I'm really just familiar with 3 IMO here are the players at top halfway through

SVC
Jon Thomas- adena
Soc2
Bryan rolfe- valley
soc1
akia brown- east
things could change the second half and depending what teams win their league.

GO EAGLES
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thanks....I think 4 inches of height and he'd be big time D1
I'm just happy he got to 6'. I can safely say Lutz is head and shoulders above anyone in SEO

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote: Thanks....I think 4 inches of height and he'd be big time D1
I'm just happy he got to 6'. I can safely say Lutz is head and shoulders above anyone in SEO
He's by far the best player that Unioto has seen so far this year. To put his 40ish in perspective: Unioto has held TEAMS below 40 points in 7 out of 14 games this year. And no individual as scored more than 23 in a game against them either.

I know it was just a foundation game, but both teams played hard and with intensity. It wasn't like Unioto was just letting Lutz get what he wanted, he was doing that on his own.

Athens_Bulldogs
Waterboy

Post by Athens_Bulldogs »

TVC Ohio has to be Bartoe, as far as I have seen no one has really had answer for him. Logan was the best team to slow him down but he still had almost 20 both games. He's probably averaging 23+ a game. Great court vision, and awesome defender. Even Athens game Lutz had a time with Bartoe, they are fun to watch play each other, and you can tell they have played with each other before. They both joking at each other during the game. Both of them GREAT players! Lutz wins the athletic side of the matchup, Bartoe wins intelligence and ability to shoot behind the perimeter Imo

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

svc_guy wrote:SVC....

Thomas - 23.6ppg, I assume less than 2.1 assist as its not on site, 7.6 reb, 84% FT, not sure on the steals number

- Thomas is leading this race for sure at this point. I think how the games go this weekend coming up will tell the story on whether Thomas is POY by himself or this may be a CO. Either player would be worthy.
Cottrill's injury forbids him from improving his numbers, but you can't look past the kids stats. He's in top 10 in almost all major statistics and is clearly the biggest match up problem in the SVC outside of Swingle. Being that he went out as the most efficient player on the best team and was easily carrying his weight, he should get mentioned heavily when voting comes around.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

winningaintcheap wrote:

Cottrill's injury forbids him from improving his numbers, but you can't look past the kids stats. He's in top 10 in almost all major statistics and is clearly the biggest match up problem in the SVC outside of Swingle. Being that he went out as the most efficient player on the best team and was easily carrying his weight, he should get mentioned heavily when voting comes around.
I agree Cole deserves to to be mentioned but the reality is he is going to miss nearly half the SVC schedule. He is a great player and I am sure will get plenty of awards coming to him. Realistically I have never seen or heard of this happening although I could be wrong.

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

svc_guy wrote:
winningaintcheap wrote:

I agree Cole deserves to to be mentioned but the reality is he is going to miss nearly half the SVC schedule. He is a great player and I am sure will get plenty of awards coming to him. Realistically I have never seen or heard of this happening although I could be wrong.
At the time of his injury he and his team proved to be the most dominant team in southern Ohio. Yeah, he'll miss 5 games, but he's also done plenty to solidify himself. And if the case is that missing 5 games disqualifies him, then it needs to be addressed that the player who takes most of the weight in his absence be considered for POY. If you're filling the shoes of what's clearly the most complete player and most vital part of your team to close out a championship season, that's valuable, right?

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Anyone else having issues with their comments not showing up after posts?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

svc_guy wrote:Anyone else having issues with their comments not showing up after posts?
I think some wonky stuff is going on. Pfloyd's original post was wiped out earlier. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

OK thanks. Just wanted to make sure I did not say something I should not have.

eyeswideopen
Waterboy

Post by eyeswideopen »

BBaller4Life wrote:It has to be Rowe for Minford, reached his 1,000 points early in the season and I guarantee he is leading all stats for the team.
You are correct, Rowe did get his 1,000th point, but I would say Kelley could be the leading scorer as he has carried alot of the scoring load this year and Alley is the leading rebounder. Alot of credit to these three seniors who are getting the job done for the Falcons this year.

eyeswideopen
Waterboy

Post by eyeswideopen »

Bleeding Red wrote:Have to go with Rowe from the SOC II. Surpassed the 1000 point mark this season and Minford is the only unbeaten in conference play

Rolfe from Valley in second place

Not sure why the player of the year award must go to the team who wins the conference. I don't always believe that the Player of the Year is on the team who wins the conference.

BBaller4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by BBaller4Life »

:roll:
Last edited by BBaller4Life on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

BBaller4Life wrote:
eyeswideopen wrote:
BBaller4Life wrote:It has to be Rowe for Minford, reached his 1,000 points early in the season and I guarantee he is leading all stats for the team.
You are correct, Rowe did get his 1,000th point, but I would say Kelley could be the leading scorer as he has carried alot of the scoring load this year and Alley is the leading rebounder. Alot of credit to these three seniors who are getting the job done for the Falcons this year.
First off, you are incorrect, Rowe is the leading scorer for the Falcons right now with Kelley next in line. As for rebounds, Rowe is the leading rebounder not Alley.
I'm not on here to debate you eyeswideopen voicing my personal opinion based on facts. It sounds like you're a jealous parent who thinks their kid is entitled since you just signed up for your account today and it just so happens that your only two posts are on this subject. I am very proud of these boys and hate to see them go because watching these boys has really brought joy into my life and I look forward to attending their games. So unless you're a coach don't get on here trying to start trouble.
Overreact much? "Jealous parent"? And now opinions aren't allowed unless you are a coach?

Return to “Boys Basketball”