Valley @ Minford 1/15

Crab's Brother
SEO

Valley @ Minford 1/15

Post by Crab's Brother »

Winner takes serious control of the SOC II race as only Wheelersburg has less than 3 league losses.

These two teams have had some serious battles over the years with Valley coming out on top in 8 of the last 9. Over those 9 games there have been 5 overtime periods. In the last 7 meetings Valley is 6-1 but have outscored the Falcons by just 18 points in total. I expect more of the same tomorrow night in Muletown.

I feel like this game is decided by which "other" players step up and play well. Rolfe and Howard are gonna do what they do for Valley and Rowe and Kelly are going to do the same for the Falcons. This comes down to Linne, Brewer, Breech, Romanello, and Wolford for Valley and Alley, McCormick, and Gullett for Minford.

I like the direction my Indians are heading right now and think they start a big weekend off on the right foot.

Valley 63
Minford 57

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Re: Valley @ Minford 1/15

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

I watched both of these teams at the Beasts of the Southeast.

I was impressed by the overall athleticism of Valley. They have a quiet determination and did not get rattled when they trailed early.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Based on schedules alone, I would give Valley the edge. Would not be shocked to see Minford win.

Should be a dandy ball game tomorrow night.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Great Matchup. Since this game is at Minford, I'll take the Falcons. After the devastating loss to Trimble, I'm sure Minford will be hungry. However, I really like Valley's squad this year. Probably a better chance of just flipping a coin to see who wins. But, I'll take Minford tonight. Won't be surprised with whoever wins

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

been waiting for this game if my eagles weren't down at ND this would be my game of the week I think CRAB is right the other guys will decide this one

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

brown22 wrote:been waiting for this game if my eagles weren't down at ND this would be my game of the week I think CRAB is right the other guys will decide this one
Same thing here!! See you at ND brown22. I probably won't be hard to spot. I'm going with Valley, I've seen them play. Haven't seen Minford.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Should be great game,I'm going with the Falcons by 2 at home

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

ColonelSanders wrote:Great Matchup. Since this game is at Minford, I'll take the Falcons. After the devastating loss to Trimble, I'm sure Minford will be hungry. However, I really like Valley's squad this year. Probably a better chance of just flipping a coin to see who wins. But, I'll take Minford tonight. Won't be surprised with whoever wins

What's a "devastating loss to Trimble? Trimble is one of the top DIV teams in the State, led by a coach who does an outstanding job, as well has a group of athletes that have the school record in wins in Football and Basketball. I expect old Howie will be back in the Regional again.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
ColonelSanders wrote:Great Matchup. Since this game is at Minford, I'll take the Falcons. After the devastating loss to Trimble, I'm sure Minford will be hungry. However, I really like Valley's squad this year. Probably a better chance of just flipping a coin to see who wins. But, I'll take Minford tonight. Won't be surprised with whoever wins

What's a "devastating loss to Trimble? Trimble is one of the top DIV teams in the State, led by a coach who does an outstanding job, as well has a group of athletes that have the school record in wins in Football and Basketball. I expect old Howie will be back in the Regional again.
Probably the fact that they got throttled by the Tomcats and that Minford hasn't experienced much losing in the past 4-5 years. I highly doubt there was anything in that post meant to slight Trimble.

RoundBall1
Waterboy

Post by RoundBall1 »

In all seriousness, I'll take Valley by double digits. The only way Minford stays in this one is if they manhandle the offensive glass and get a excess of second chance opportunities. Rowe will get his, Rolfe will get his, but Valley has WAY more depth and will pull away by the end of this one. Not slighting anyone, I just believe Valley is that good.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

danicalifornia wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

Probably the fact that they got throttled by the Tomcats and that Minford hasn't experienced much losing in the past 4-5 years. I highly doubt there was anything in that post meant to slight Trimble.

Got ya, I know in such a large district it's hard for the ends to stay in the know with everyone. Min ford has had some nice teams lately, but Trimble right now is a pretty special group.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

thebarlowbandit wrote:

It's a devastating loss bc Minford isn't 20 points worse than Trimble. They just flat out laid a dud against Trimble. Plus, Trimble lost some core guys from last year. If Minford lost by 20 to the Trimble team last year, I wouldn't have been surprised. I know Trimble is still really good, I just know how devastating the loss really was for Minford after talking to a few of their coaches about it

DirtyBalls1
Waterboy

Post by DirtyBalls1 »

I'm looking for Wolford, Brewer and Kenny Williams to a be in double digits tonight! Valley by 30.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I think the first few minutes of this one will be interesting to see the matchups.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Falcons come out in zone.

Primetime
Waterboy

Post by Primetime »

Minford hasnt played much zone at all this year. Valley has played a lot of zone. It seems like valley likes to start in man and switch to zone later in the game.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Crab's Brother wrote:I think the first few minutes of this one will be interesting to see the matchups.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Falcons come out in zone.
I could very well see them come out in zone, too. Given that Minford, in my opinion, lacks depth. They want to keep that starting 5 on the floor as much as possible. So, how do you try and keep your guys out of foul trouble? Play zone. Also, I think Minford's biggest weakness is on the defensive end. Man to man, they don't work real hard. Another reason to come out and play zone.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

is shepperd < spell......back for Minford?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley suffers first loss at the hands of the Falcons.

Minford 50
Valley 48

Indians struggled in the 1st qtr and was down 11 after 1, battled back and missed a 3 at the buzzer to win.

Congrats Minford. Valley has to forget this loss quickly, as they have Chesapeake tomorrow night.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

DirtyBalls1 wrote:I'm looking for Wolford, Brewer and Kenny Williams to a be in double digits tonight! Valley by 30.

Great guess on the score. You were so close! :lol: :lol: :lol:

my2sense
Waterboy

Post by my2sense »

Great win by Minford! If they had not missed the 4 straight free throws at the end of the game, it would not have come down to the last shot. The best thing about the win is Minford is still at the top of the league without Dylan Shepherd. The freshman Cam Daulton has made a huge difference!

Return to “Boys Basketball”