Trimble vs Nelsonville Rant

Ground Buck
All Conference

Trimble vs Nelsonville Rant

Post by Ground Buck »

I wasn't going to post this but had to get it off my chest. I know Trimble thinks they are a basketball school now, but that coach lost all my respect when they played at NY the other night. He was up 27 points with 3 minutes and less left and kept pressing. A depleted NY team had two of their best players on the bench fouled out by the horrible refs, and yet old Howie was still pressing. The good thing was NY players kept breaking the press and scoring. But the point is why was he doing this? I just hope the wee cats remember this next football season and don't cry too much when NY returns the favor.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Trimble vs Nelsonville Rant

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ground Buck wrote:I wasn't going to post this but had to get it off my chest. I know Trimble thinks they are a basketball school now, but that coach lost all my respect when they played at NY the other night. He was up 27 points with 3 minutes and less left and kept pressing. A depleted NY team had two of their best players on the bench fouled out by the horrible refs, and yet old Howie was still pressing. The good thing was NY players kept breaking the press and scoring. But the point is why was he doing this? I just hope the wee cats remember this next football season and don't cry too much when NY returns the favor.
I guarantee it was not because they were playing NY. I was there and it seemed to me Trimble is a work in progress and they were taking every ample opportunity during game action to improve. They didn't run that press D last year, I'm assuming they will work on it nonstop to prepare for a tough DIV tournament run.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

93Bulldog wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:I wasn't going to post this but had to get it off my chest. I know Trimble thinks they are a basketball school now, but that coach lost all my respect when they played at NY the other night. He was up 27 points with 3 minutes and less left and kept pressing. A depleted NY team had two of their best players on the bench fouled out by the horrible refs, and yet old Howie was still pressing. The good thing was NY players kept breaking the press and scoring. But the point is why was he doing this? I just hope the wee cats remember this next football season and don't cry too much when NY returns the favor.
I guarantee it was not because they were playing NY. I was there and it seemed to me Trimble is a work in progress and they were taking every ample opportunity during game action to improve. They didn't run that press D last year, I'm assuming they will work on it nonstop to prepare for a tough DIV tournament run.
Lame excuse for them dog, surely some on here hope they lose that tough first tourney game :o

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The game was NOT A blowout.

An excuse is not needed.

Trimble led 36-23 at the break.
Trimble led 56-39 after three.
NY pulled to within single digits at one point in the 3rd - and were only outscored 20-16 in that quarter.

Why the hell would you quit playing, quit pressing? This wasn't a Waterford girls situation here - it wasn't even remotely close. This was a game up until the middle of the fourth quarter.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ground Buck wrote:A depleted NY team had two of their best players on the bench fouled out by the horrible refs, and yet old Howie was still pressing. The good thing was NY players kept breaking the press and scoring.
Yea, that's probably why he kept running it because NY was breaking it! How else do you solve the problem but through experience? And that's why he is one of the best coaches in SEO - he never stops teaching, coaching, improving.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

This game may have been close enough to continue pressing but he has done such things in the past to lesser teams. Not taking anything away from him as a coach (his record speaks for itself) but there are times to "call off the dogs" even if you think you need press work

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

practice can make near perfect even if it not against your teammates

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

93Bulldog wrote:The game was NOT A blowout.

An excuse is not needed.

Trimble led 36-23 at the break.
Trimble led 56-39 after three.
NY pulled to within single digits at one point in the 3rd - and were only outscored 20-16 in that quarter.

Why the hell would you quit playing, quit pressing? This wasn't a Waterford girls situation here - it wasn't even remotely close. This was a game up until the middle of the fourth quarter.
Up 27 with 3min. to go? You must have left in the third quarter.
And no I wasn't there, just going on what first poster said...You calling him out?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I called the game on the radio. Was there the entire time. It was up & down the floor from start to finish with neither team backing down until the buzzer went off. I guess Howie could have quit, sat his players down & gave em a warm glass of milk & called it a night. And no, I dont remember a 27 point gap, ever in the game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

maybe it is a math problem cause it was 17 at one time

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:I called the game on the radio. Was there the entire time. It was up & down the floor from start to finish with neither team backing down until the buzzer went off. I guess Howie could have quit, sat his players down & gave em a warm glass of milk & called it a night. And no, I dont remember a 27 point gap, ever in the game.
Hahahaha Warm glass of milk! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I don't think Howie was doing anything but working on the press.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Howie doesn't really need to work on the press if he gets the right refs he won't have to worry about losing in the tourney.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

93Bulldog wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:A depleted NY team had two of their best players on the bench fouled out by the horrible refs, and yet old Howie was still pressing. The good thing was NY players kept breaking the press and scoring.
Yea, that's probably why he kept running it because NY was breaking it! How else do you solve the problem but through experience? And that's why he is one of the best coaches in SEO - he never stops teaching, coaching, leaving, improving.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

:roll:

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Go cry a river, don't like it, get better. Plain and simple

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes

Return to “Boys Basketball”