Notre Dame vs Western D4 Sectional Championship

basketballmind
Waterboy

Notre Dame vs Western D4 Sectional Championship

Post by basketballmind »

Not sure what to expect with this game. ND probably wins by 10+? Thoughts?

PikeCo23
Waterboy

Re: Notre Dame vs Western D4 Sectional Championship

Post by PikeCo23 »

On paper, it seems like Notre Dame by 12-15. I think Western closes that and at least makes it a single digit game. Anytime you have two players that can score, like their guards, you have a chance. Western's problem right now is they always end up with at least 2 players on the floor with those 2 who are non-factors in the game and give them little chance to win. They have given many top teams a good game or run for their money this year, so they can do it for sure.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I can’t see this being a 12-15 point game, because Western either plays well and it’s a tight game or it’s a complete blowout. It feels like there is no in between for them.

I’ll take Notre Dame and I’ll say by 20+

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

This game could go either way, Western has played a way more difficult schedule, these teams are not far off from one another despite the records.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Notre Dame wins this comfortably. Western will have trouble with Metzler, he should have a big game.

basketballmind
Waterboy

Post by basketballmind »

Interesting note I found today. Western beat ND in their annual foundation game 52-46 at the beginning of the season.

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

Would love to see this be a good game, but Western has been really down since they beat Oak Hill. ND will probably win this going away! Western's D hasn't held up and outside of Janes and Haggy they cant score. ND and Sw rematch will be fun!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

basketballmind wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:54 pm Interesting note I found today. Western beat ND in their annual foundation game 52-46 at the beginning of the season.
Western also started off 3-0 and then has lost 16 of their 20 games since.

Although ND also lost to Coal Grove and Valley, two teams with standout players that had rough seasons overall. So, the duo of Haggy and Janes could pull it off.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Western is struggling. At first, I thought it was the schedule they played but getting blown out by NW and Clay gave them a good game. Not sure on what is going on. I did think this game had potential upset and still do but my % of this has decreased due to the way Western has been playing. Yes, they beat ND in a foundation game but what's that? ND always gets better come tournament time and Western came out ready to go. I think they were up 12-0, or 12-2 to start the game. If the ND team that beat SW shows up then watch out. Western needs to get that pesty/griddyness about them back. ND will win but it will be a dog fight.

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

All of the fight might be out of the dog in Latham.

2 teams trending very different ways, with a revenge spot for ND. ND BY 20

Return to “Boys Basketball”