SW JEEPS and tournament time

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Re: SW JEEPS and tournament time

Post by Spalding22 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:19 pm
Bballlover1 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:01 pm
Spalding22 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:26 pm

What kind of coach would let one decent player know knock them out of the tournament? Haggy is good. He’s a 1 man band though. You can’t be real. Your bias is nonsense.
Western is not a 1 man team. Look at the stats…Max Preps has them all. They are well coached and Williams will have them ready.
Coach Williams has won a State tournament with Georgetown. He's a coach and can coach up. Just don't know if the horses are available at Western this year . Hope im wrong.
Agreed. He can make his players better. Well, technically, no, he is not. Haggy is a substantial part of his team is what I should’ve said.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:05 am
Bballlover1 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:01 pm
Spalding22 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:26 pm

What kind of coach would let one decent player know knock them out of the tournament? Haggy is good. He’s a 1 man band though. You can’t be real. Your bias is nonsense.
Western is not a 1 man team. Look at the stats…Max Preps has them all. They are well coached and Williams will have them ready.
He just likes to argue in circles. Obviously everyone else knew what I meant. If Haggy goes for 40, Janes is right there with 25.
Far from circles, but I’m not arguing anymore. One doesn’t know what one doesn’t know.

NoseyRosey
Waterboy

Post by NoseyRosey »

Eugene2009 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:01 pm
Lovehoops2 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:18 am Let’s be honest we all know Fenton is on here defending him self. but it’s not all his fault for the loses now I do think if norm was coaching those two games then the outcome would of been different but we can’t live in the past it’s over with will see the difference when norm is coaching on Friday. Regarding the jh coach he is a hell of a coach and he is a great offical but I think he would be ready for the varsity job after the norm persin times at southwebster.
Now this has to be Sheets! Lol… “He is a hell of a coach” said no one ever! Lol. He couldn’t win vs the decent teams when he had the sophomore class that was beating everyone including burg until he took over them. I watched him coach vs Burg the other day on the stream & he flat out quit coaching….sat at the end of the bench away from his team not saying a word. What kind of even half way decent coach quits on their team when things get tough?? Great example! He’s made good teams with talent worse….he never even played basketball in gym class…& was ran off the high school staff by Norm. Kreischer & Roberts would never let that happen….give me a break & don’t be so obvious!!
Sheets is something those guys aren't...a guy who puts the kids first. Yeah he is ambitious but those kids like the guy and he would do anything for them. He does a lot for that school. He raises a ton of money for gear that some kids would never be able to afford. I know for a fact he has took kids home, bought them meals, and made sure they did their school work. The guy helps out with anything including the school play. Hasn't South Webster pushed enough good people out the door because of egos? I think you shouldn't take Sheets for granted.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

NoseyRosey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:16 pm
Lovehoops2 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:18 am Let’s be honest we all know Fenton is on here defending him self. but it’s not all his fault for the loses now I do think if norm was coaching those two games then the outcome would of been different but we can’t live in the past it’s over with will see the difference when norm is coaching on Friday. Regarding the jh coach he is a hell of a coach and he is a great offical but I think he would be ready for the varsity job after the norm persin times at southwebster.
Now this has to be Sheets! Lol… “He is a hell of a coach” said no one ever! Lol. He couldn’t win vs the decent teams when he had the sophomore class that was beating everyone including burg until he took over them. I watched him coach vs Burg the other day on the stream & he flat out quit coaching….sat at the end of the bench away from his team not saying a word. What kind of even half way decent coach quits on their team when things get tough?? Great example! He’s made good teams with talent worse….he never even played basketball in gym class…& was ran off the high school staff by Norm. Kreischer & Roberts would never let that happen….give me a break & don’t be so obvious!!
Sheets is something those guys aren't...a guy who puts the kids first. Yeah he is ambitious but those kids like the guy and he would do anything for them. He does a lot for that school. He raises a ton of money for gear that some kids would never be able to afford. I know for a fact he has took kids home, bought them meals, and made sure they did their school work. The guy helps out with anything including the school play. Hasn't South Webster pushed enough good people out the door because of egos? I think you shouldn't take Sheets for granted.
Don’t be deceived….Sheets is for himself. Initially the majority of SW peeps would’ve agreed with some of the things you’ve said. But most have figured out his true colors & motives. He’s in it for self recognition. He’s a “look what I did guy”. Majority of people have figured that out by now & see it for what it is. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, why did he completely quit coaching and pout in the burg game? Because he knew it was over & wasn’t going to be the hero that beat the burg. If he was in it for the kids he would have kept coaching and encouraging them to fight. There were many coachable moments neglected because of his ego. And that’s not the first or second time. I know of people in our community that buy meals, gear, sponsor team outings, etc….but they don’t talk about it & don’t want the recognition….they just are genially doing to for the kids, and they do it for multiple programs. There’s a difference.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Eugene2009 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:15 am
NoseyRosey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:16 pm

Don’t be deceived….Sheets is for himself. Initially the majority of SW peeps would’ve agreed with some of the things you’ve said. But most have figured out his true colors & motives. He’s in it for self recognition. He’s a “look what I did guy”. Majority of people have figured that out by now & see it for what it is. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, why did he completely quit coaching and pout in the burg game? Because he knew it was over & wasn’t going to be the hero that beat the burg. If he was in it for the kids he would have kept coaching and encouraging them to fight. There were many coachable moments neglected because of his ego. And that’s not the first or second time. I know of people in our community that buy meals, gear, sponsor team outings, etc….but they don’t talk about it & don’t want the recognition….they just are genially doing to for the kids, and they do it for multiple programs. There’s a difference.
100% agree with you Eugene2009

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:28 pm The horse that was being beat is turned into dust now.
Ahhh yes, dust. Y'all must have missed the intent by the posts. The players and the coaches both did their job against Wheelersburg. The 1-3-1 is nice to have in your back pocket and gives you an advantage (especially with height) against certain teams. Seems to me they need to work on the rotation though. I did not feel the coaches were putting their players in the best position to win the game with what i deem an exceptionally talented team. As a coach, you have to be able to think on your feet. You can stop the bleeding with changes, or you can just say "its up to the players" and let it bleed out. Timeouts are important. Strategy is important. Free throws are important, and believe it or not, coaches do have significant control over free throws. Make them shoot them. analyze percentages and form throughout the season. I digress. Excited for tonights game. Again, the coaches did well against Wheelersburg. Tonight is the test. We will see if they keep it rolling. Personally, I think they should use 2 or 3 of their athletic types to pressure Montgomery all game as hard as they can, and rotate them when they"re tired (wear him down if tiring him is even possible), maybe switch to the 1-3-1 in and out of timeouts. They need to knock down free throws, and for gods sake, utilize the timeouts to your benefit. a slow tempo would probably benefit Webster as well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”