Okay maybe not that bad. Disappointed.

Jeeps by 50 at minford

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
art_vandelay
SE

Re: 1/5/24 Wheelersburg @ SW

Post by art_vandelay »

Webster gave up 17 offensive rebounds. Refs don’t matter when you play like that.

Jeeps will be alright as Burg a potential Regional team in D3. But definitely disappointed with their effort on the boards tonight.*

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:59 pm Okay maybe not that bad. Disappointed.

Jeeps by 50 at minford
I actually expected a closer game if not a SW victory. Happy with the effort by the Pirates tonight. I still feel that Webster makes a deep tournament run.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I hope the Jeeps bury the Falcons!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Pray up for Jeep nation

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Let’s go Pirates 👏👏👏👏👏

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:46 am Burg by double digits
:D

Jeeps_06
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps_06 »

Pretty pathetic of the burg cheer block to rip one of Webster's signs off the wall bunch of children

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Jeeps_06 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:46 pm Pretty pathetic of the burg cheer block to rip one of Webster's signs off the wall bunch of children
Didn’t see it but yes, Quite literally are a bunch of children

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:59 pm Webster gave up 17 offensive rebounds. Refs don’t matter when you play like that.

Jeeps will be alright as Burg a potential Regional team in D3. But definitely disappointed with their effort on the boards tonight.*
AV is on point. Burg controlled the glass for stretches. Timothy gave south Webster a spark in the third, but too little too late. Rucker was HIM tonight.
Robert’s body language the 4th was poor and looked like he was done. Did he score the second half?
I believe having multiple defenders with different attributes played a role

A gritty, grind it out physical ball game and very entertaining

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

our kids just wanted it more and Rucker was definitely him tnite big moment for only a soph

Webster be ight for d4 but soc always gotta go through da burgggggggg

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Jeeps_06 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:46 pm Pretty pathetic of the burg cheer block to rip one of Webster's signs off the wall bunch of children
Man South Webster has to be the biggest bunch of babies in the district.

Been so much talk on here about beating the breaks off teams, new attitude this year, possible state contender. Get in the league, lay down, and complain about the refs making bad calls and signs torn down and it’s so unfair because our guys has their heads on straight and we’re the best and we make our 3s! They had to cheat us!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:21 pm

Been so much talk on here about beating the breaks off teams, new attitude this year, possible state contender. Get in the league, lay down, and complain about the refs making bad calls and signs torn down and it’s so unfair because our guys has their heads on straight and we’re the best and we make our 3s! They had to cheat us!
Yeah imagine 16-18 year olds being punks. It’s just a meaningless game. No one will remember it in two weeks probably two days.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Can’t win ‘em all. Doesn’t help the head coach wasn’t there tonight. Never claimed burg was bad I know better than that. They’ll go far if Lattimore can get some control. Three straight player control fouls in the first 10 minutes of the game. Don’t know why the Jeeps came out so flat tonight but that’s the worst game they’ve played this season. Very liable to beat the brakes off em next time we’ll see.

NoseyRosey
Waterboy

Post by NoseyRosey »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:24 pm
TigerBob wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:21 pm

Yeah imagine 16-18 year olds being punks. It’s just a meaningless game. No one will remember it in two weeks probably two days.
You're halfway correct. No one SHOULD remember it in two weeks but Webster will remember it for weeks, months, and probably years. They need to let go of that Burg envy and just focus on D4. They get way too torn up trying to compete in their own manufactured rivalry with the Pirates. They could win the region if they get Burg out of their heads and look on to bigger things.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:35 pm Can’t win ‘em all. Doesn’t help the head coach wasn’t there tonight. Never claimed burg was bad I know better than that. They’ll go far if Lattimore can get some control. Three straight player control fouls in the first 10 minutes of the game. Don’t know why the Jeeps came out so flat tonight but that’s the worst game they’ve played this season. Very liable to beat the brakes off em next time we’ll see.
Swank
Great atmosphere tonight. SRO. Coach Persin not there truely affected that game. He’s top shelf for me and prob would have had an answer for that run in the second to stretch it out
The refs were consistent ly bad, but both ways.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if SW did beat the brakes off of them pirates next go around. SW has a great nucleus with 1,4, 12, 13 and 14.

Oh, I was worried about the large human in the middle of SW crowd yelling at the refs, thought he was going to stroke out

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Elijah Craig wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:45 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:35 pm Can’t win ‘em all. Doesn’t help the head coach wasn’t there tonight. Never claimed burg was bad I know better than that. They’ll go far if Lattimore can get some control. Three straight player control fouls in the first 10 minutes of the game. Don’t know why the Jeeps came out so flat tonight but that’s the worst game they’ve played this season. Very liable to beat the brakes off em next time we’ll see.
Swank
Great atmosphere tonight. SRO. Coach Persin not there truely affected that game. He’s top shelf for me and prob would have had an answer for that run in the second to stretch it out

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if SW did beat the brakes off of them pirates next go around. SW has a great nucleus with 1,4, 12, 13 and 14.

Oh, I was worried about the large human in the middle of SW crowd yelling at the refs, thought he was going to strike out
He’s very intense lol if it’s who I think you’re talking about.

Burg fans coming out of the woodwork I see. Go ahead and get your shots in, ole dads ready for the shame. Parking lot was nothing but brake dust.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:54 pm
Elijah Craig wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:45 pm
Swank

Oh, I was worried about the large human in the middle of SW crowd yelling at the refs, thought he was going to strike out
He’s very intense lol if it’s who I think you’re talking about.

Burg fans coming out of the woodwork I see. Go ahead and get your shots in, ole dads ready for the shame. Parking lot was nothing but brake dust.
Not a burg fan. I just love good basketball. Almost went to minford v Valley. Glad I saw what I did. I’ll make the rematch to see if either team has learned and gotten better

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

Yeh the only consistent thing Refs did was be inconsistent lol never knew what they were gonna call or when or on who or call it tight or let em play. they def did not have control at any point

rly looking forward to when burg plays Minford i think if we rebound like tonight we can get them too our guards good enough to beat anyone

Return to “Boys Basketball”