GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: Tuesday,1/03/23 games and scores

Post by Tigernation2021 »

transplant wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:31 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:30 am West travels to Waverly
Does Waverly do any live streaming?
Sorry didn't get on here until after the game, yes they do live stream from their youtube channel----Waverly City Schools Youtube Channel

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:51 pm Archbishop M. 68/16 Chillicothe???????

Lynchburg 56/44 McClain

West Brown 45/32 Jackson
3 things: Chillicothe should have never returned the game to Moeller from a few seasons ago. This was never going to be close, plus they were missing a trio of regulars due to illness and then another quit the team again this year.

Not a good mix for Chillicothe to have any success on the hardwood this year.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:57 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:30 am West travels to Waverly
Sorry didn't get on here until after the game, yes they do live stream from their youtube channel----Waverly City Schools Youtube Channel
No worries. Thanks. I’ll have to check out their next home game.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:34 pm
Leviticus wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:28 pm Notre Dame 73
New Boston 31
Wow! Notre Dame was definitely the favorite, but didn’t expect a 40+ point win.
Yeah, that score stood out to me last night too. ND has a good mix of size and guards and Metzler/Sparks make a real solid D4 front court. Guards are talented, but young though, and that can be a problem come tourney time.*

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

Notre Dame will win the SOC going away! I doubt anyone competes with them for the league!

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Very long season ahead. Titans have some tough road games ahead of them plus still have meeting with Western, Green, St Joe. ND size inside with Carter, Sparks, and Metzler is tough to handle for SOC I. Not a lot of teams can match their size down low. Metzler provides a nightmare match up due to him being able to play inside and outside. The young guards for the Titans like mentioned in an earlier post can cause some concern but seem to be being playing well. I was shocked by the score as well but who has NB beat? Did NB press the entire game and just get roasted or what happened?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'd pump the brakes on declaring Notre Dame the SOC 1 winner already. The best 2 teams they've faced thus far they have lost to both of them (Northwest and Rock Hill).

Green can compete with them and has two physical players to match Notre Dame. They play this Friday. Western is well coached enough to at least make it a game. St. Joe has some pieces to pull an upset but isn't playing the greatest.

Notre Dame is probably the favorite this season in what most would label a down SOC 1 year, but saying they'll "win it going away" and "doubt anyone competes with them for the league," I'm not sure I'd make that proclamation yet.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I completely agree. Long season. I do think if ND played NW a 2nd time, then ND would win. It was ND 2nd game of the season with young guards who were not used to the physical guard play. Looking forward to how they stack up with SW next Saturday the 14th. I think SW wins by 10+.

whynot?
Waterboy

Post by whynot? »

ND might win the league but I think they'll lose one or two league games this year. It is still a tough and deep league. Most likely, they will lose a couple road games. They play much better at home than they do on the road. As good as those ND post players are they don't run the floor that well. Why isn't somebody coming out and pushing the pace on them and wearing those kids out? Pressure those young guards, make their post players run the floor a ton and drive the lane in the half court to force them into foul trouble. That is the formula to beat them.

Of course, they are a very tough team and it is easy for me to come up with a game plan sitting here watching them on film but the game plan doesn't always work on the floor.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

transplant wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:34 am

Waverly plays at Oak Hill on Friday night and at Jackson on Saturday night and I do know that Jackson livestreams their games. Waverly will host Lucasville Valley Tuesday in what I'm sure if going to be a rough one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:17 pm

Waverly plays at Oak Hill on Friday night and at Jackson on Saturday night and I do know that Jackson livestreams their games. Waverly will host Lucasville Valley Tuesday in what I'm sure if going to be a rough one.
Eastern beat Valley and Waverly beat Eastern.
Seems like it will indeed be a rough one for Valley….

Tigernation2021
Varsity

smurray wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:36 pm

:lol: Nice wish that's how it worked, Eastern also beat Piketon and Burg unfortunately didn't really help us much with either of those 2 teams. After what Sissel just did to Waverly, I don't even want to think about the Stewart boy from Valley and what he'll end up with.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

whynot? wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:02 pm ND might win the league but I think they'll lose one or two league games this year. It is still a tough and deep league. Most likely, they will lose a couple road games. They play much better at home than they do on the road. As good as those ND post players are they don't run the floor that well. Why isn't somebody coming out and pushing the pace on them and wearing those kids out? Pressure those young guards, make their post players run the floor a ton and drive the lane in the half court to force them into foul trouble. That is the formula to beat them.

Of course, they are a very tough team and it is easy for me to come up with a game plan sitting here watching them on film but the game plan doesn't always work on the floor.
I am not sure I would call the SOC I a "tough and deep league" at this point.

The league is 18-23 out of conference. 6 of those wins are Grace Christian, Ohio Valley Christian, and West Union.

The league will be competitive in the D4 tournament I am sure, but it is far from a "tough and deep league". But that is just my opinion.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

whynot? wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:02 pm ND might win the league but I think they'll lose one or two league games this year. It is still a tough and deep league. Most likely, they will lose a couple road games. They play much better at home than they do on the road. As good as those ND post players are they don't run the floor that well. Why isn't somebody coming out and pushing the pace on them and wearing those kids out? Pressure those young guards, make their post players run the floor a ton and drive the lane in the half court to force them into foul trouble. That is the formula to beat them.

I think NB did that and looked what happened. ND will get tested soon, ND is not world beaters by any means. They are just a solid ball club right now.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Also, are we just reacting to the score of the NB game? NB has been their best win, so the jury is still out against them. I agree, they play much better at home so we will see Friday @ Green.

InTheJungle
Waterboy

Post by InTheJungle »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:23 pm

:lol: Nice wish that's how it worked, Eastern also beat Piketon and Burg unfortunately didn't really help us much with either of those 2 teams. After what Sissel just did to Waverly, I don't even want to think about the Stewart boy from Valley and what he'll end up with.
True. Though I do feel Piketon and Burg were possible wins. Take away the rough 1st quarter against Burg and having Nibert for entire Piketon game makes a big difference. Also I feel like Morton has really stepped up his game lately, and Haines is playing better just needs to continue to get stronger. Not saying they beat Valley but could definitely be a good game if Nibert is back, and we improve interior defense.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:54 am Very long season ahead. Titans have some tough road games ahead of them plus still have meeting with Western, Green, St Joe. ND size inside with Carter, Sparks, and Metzler is tough to handle for SOC I. Not a lot of teams can match their size down low. Metzler provides a nightmare match up due to him being able to play inside and outside. The young guards for the Titans like mentioned in an earlier post can cause some concern but seem to be being playing well. I was shocked by the score as well but who has NB beat? Did NB press the entire game and just get roasted or what happened?
New Boston has defeated Ohio Valley Christian, East, Clay, Symmes Valley, River Valley and Manchester. Losses were to South Gallia, Western, Oak Hill and Notre Dame.

HoopFan55
Riding the Bench

Post by HoopFan55 »

I believe the league is still up for grabs, NB, Green, ND, Western, and ISJ could all beat each other any given night.

Ironton St Joe W’s
Western
@ East
Grace Christian WV
South Gallia @ Ironton classic
Cristo Rey (Columbus) @ Hoosier Gym

L’s
@ SV
@ Ashland Blazer
Ironton
@ Green
Attachments
6B6038C1-54BE-4FC7-95B1-D847263AABC9.jpeg

Tigernation2021
Varsity

InTheJungle wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:22 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:23 pm

True. Though I do feel Piketon and Burg were possible wins. Take away the rough 1st quarter against Burg and having Nibert for entire Piketon game makes a big difference. Also I feel like Morton has really stepped up his game lately, and Haines is playing better just needs to continue to get stronger. Not saying they beat Valley but could definitely be a good game if Nibert is back, and we improve interior defense.
Nibert played 1st quarter at piketon and we had 7 turnovers. Morton has stepped up but it’s been without Nibert in the lineup so question is going to be will that continue and they mesh together or will he fade back. Haynes has stepped up the most in my mind without Nibert especially he has his moments but the hustle is there and he’s scoring inside, needs to work on the FT.

Return to “Boys Basketball”