Question for the masses,"Do I need to include Fort Frye/Pt. Pleasant in the rankings?"

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Question for the masses,"Do I need to include Fort Frye/Pt. Pleasant in the rankings?"

Post by 93Bulldog »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:18 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:41 pm
noreply66 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:21 pm Chillicothe is still in a SEO conference so I would say keep them in. As far as Logan goes you could keep them until the 2024 school year starts.
Doesn't matter what league you play in or the fact you have to play in D1 tournaments a lot, Logan is still a member of the southeast district.
Will they remain in the SED when they start the 2024 school year with them being a member of the OCC? Logan has been put in the Central District before in different sports.
You don't get "put" in a district and what tournaments or league you play in is irrelevant. If Logan "wants" to join the Central they would have to:

Send a written request to both the southeast district and to the central district. The districts have 90 days to respond. The school then has 10 days to reply to their response. Then it goes to ohsaa and the executive director reviews the requests and the boards responses to the request and then he has 30 days to decide whether to grant the request. If the school doesn't like the decision they can appeal it to the appeal's panel.
All requests to change districts have to be done at least months prior to august 1 of the year the divisional alignment changes

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Question for the masses,"Do I need to include Fort Frye/Pt. Pleasant in the rankings?"

Post by pfloyd »

justpassinthru wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:00 am
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:53 pm ... as we know the TSL (Twin State League) formed with members Warren/Marietta/Fort Frye and Pt. Pleasant WVa ... I believe they are playing a league basketball schedule THIS season ... Do I need to include Fort Frye and Point Pleasant in the Elite 8 rankings? ...

It has been that a team needs to be in the SouthEast District in order to be included in the rankings - however we have Logan/Chillicothe who are not a SE District team in the post season (Central District post season party along with Chillicothe due to being D1 teams/the only D1's in the SE district) ... both Logan and Chillicothe are in the weekly rankings ...

What say you????
It is and has been your list. Include/exclude who you like.
When you ask opinions you know what you will get lol
True story justpassinthru LOL ... part of the reason for asking the question was to get people to post something ... I'm glad to see the opinions! I know what I'm going to do or not do - but I'm open to suggestions from the peoples ...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:20 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:41 pm

Doesn't matter what league you play in or the fact you have to play in D1 tournaments a lot, Logan is still a member of the southeast district.
Will they remain in the SED when they start the 2024 school year with them being a member of the OCC? Logan has been put in the Central District before in different sports.
You don't get "put" in a district and what tournaments or league you play in is irrelevant. If Logan "wants" to join the Central they would have to:

Send a written request to both the southeast district and to the central district. The districts have 90 days to respond. The school then has 10 days to reply to their response. Then it goes to ohsaa and the executive director reviews the requests and the boards responses to the request and then he has 30 days to decide whether to grant the request. If the school doesn't like the decision they can appeal it to the appeal's panel.
All requests to change districts have to be done at least months prior to august 1 of the year the divisional alignment changes
So, in 2008 Logan ask to be in the Central District at Dublin for track?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:10 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:20 pm

So, in 2008 Logan ask to be in the Central District at Dublin for track?
How many times do I have to explain this? Logan plays in central district tournaments all the time, including every basketball season. lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

So, Logan is a member of the SEO District but plays in the Central District?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:33 pm So, Logan is a member of the SEO District but plays in the Central District?
Pretty much. been that way for years.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:48 pm
noreply66 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:33 pm So, Logan is a member of the SEO District but plays in the Central District?
Pretty much. been that way for years.
Yes and if there were enough D1 teams in the SE District, they would participate in it. Pretty simple.

Also, thanks for sharing that info on switching districts. It’s something I’ve wondered why Amanda hasn’t tried to do for years.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I am fairly sure we all appreciate your efforts PF, and we will read your posts to get info about area teams as most of us are not as committed as yourself. If we see info on a team we personally deem irrelevant, scrolling is easy. You do an awesome job!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”