Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 2

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 2

Post by bbjunky81 »

coop wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:42 pm Valley 74
S. Webster 66

Indians have a doozy this weekend vs. Spire Academy, who have kids from all over and defeated D1 Pickerington Central by 35 points.
Why in the world are they on the schedule? Is it a classic or something somewhere?

I'm all for scheduling up but schwoo.... I'm not even sure Valley will gain anything from that game.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:14 am
coop wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:42 pm Valley 74
S. Webster 66

Indians have a doozy this weekend vs. Spire Academy, who have kids from all over and defeated D1 Pickerington Central by 35 points.
Why in the world are they on the schedule? Is it a classic or something somewhere?

I'm all for scheduling up but schwoo.... I'm not even sure Valley will gain anything from that game.
It might be im not sure, TBH...

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I don't think it's a classic or anything, as far as I know the game is being played at Valley. Not sure who was able to schedule this or anything. Haven't heard of other games being played before or after. Who knows.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

transplant wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:36 am I don't think it's a classic or anything, as far as I know the game is being played at Valley. Not sure who was able to schedule this or anything. Haven't heard of other games being played before or after. Who knows.
That is a brutal matchup. Pick Central won the D1 State last year and return arguably the states best player in Devin Royal.. and Spire absolutely obliterated them.

I'm actually surprised SPIRE didn't charge Valley thousands of dollars to play (most large Prep schools do this).

Here is a link to one of their games a couple weeks ago against Colorado Prep. SPIRE is in the White jerseys

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yeah, it is, very brutal. It looks like they have multiple teams, like Huntington prep has. Also, did I see the time of this game right? 10:00PM??? Wow!!I guess if nothing else, it will show people in this area what true D-1 type talent really is. Can there be a running clock in the first half? lol

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

They have multiple teams, but I heard they are playing the one that played Pick

One team is playing out West that weekend

Varsity only. Pretty sure tip is 6:30

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Post by junedawg14 »

HERO wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:55 am They have multiple teams, but I heard they are playing the one that played Pick

One team is playing out West that weekend

Varsity only. Pretty sure tip is 6:30
All second hand information, but it is my understanding Spire has three tiers to their basketball program (teams & skill level). They are not playing the top tier team, but the next level down. None-the-less, the talent level will be nothing like anything even remotely close to what a team in SEO would normally encounter. Even though it's a real game, it will probably be more like an exhibition. Again, second hand info so I'm not sure.

We Need More Cowbell!
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Valley has to play holgate ball to win this one

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

transplant wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:36 am I don't think it's a classic or anything, as far as I know the game is being played at Valley. Not sure who was able to schedule this or anything. Haven't heard of other games being played before or after. Who knows.
I’m sure their JV team

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

That would make sense, forgot about that.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:58 pm Where will the great one be traveling this week?
... If I can get some sleep tonight - the Hocking County Crud has had my number for a couple of weeks - I'm thinking about taking the 2 hour drive down Rte 32 to North Adams Friday night - no freshmen game right I92? 6pm JV game ... North Adams vs Fairfield Leesburg should be a dandy ... my goal is to see the best teams in good matchups - this one fits the bill - Friday night game ... 2 hour drive each way ... wake up Saturday and head to Alexander for the Spartan Classic - 6 games starting at 11am ... hmmmmmmm sounds like the beginning of a great hoops weekend in SEOhio hoops for the pfloyd tour ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

NA vs Fairfield for sure will be a dandy. I have an office Christmas party to take in. Pray for me.I hate missing games,but; Peebles will have Fayetteville at home. Fayetteville has lost 1 game so maybe I won't miss anything. Maybe I will see Pfloyd at Alexander Saturday. Safe travels all.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bloom Carroll 67
Circleville 57

The Tigers are getting close and are getting a ton of production out of a pair of talented freshmen.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 59
Spire 57
FINAL

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union 52
Logan Elm 26

Dominating performance from FU tonight after suffering their first loss a few days ago.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

coop wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:15 pm Valley 59
Spire 57
FINAL
Solid win for Valley regardless of who SPIRE brought. It’s a good test to go up against that type of athleticism and length. Should pay off for Valley down the road to get that experience

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:01 pm
Spire 57
FINAL
Solid win for Valley regardless of who SPIRE brought. It’s a good test to go up against that type of athleticism and length. Should pay off for Valley down the road to get that experience
100% agreed. It’s a different style and athleticism than they normally see. Good one and good test.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:13 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:01 pm
Spire 57
FINAL
100% agreed. It’s a different style and athleticism than they normally see. Good one and good test.
Absolutely, they did bring all Juniors and Seniors.

#0 Djiby Ly 6’2 - Junior - Senegal
#4 Christian Burnett 6’4 - Senior - Midville,GA
#10 Ani Singh 6’0 - Junior- Chicago
#13 Abdou Yadd 6’9 - Junior - Senegal
#20 Carlos Abarca 6’0 - Senior - Amendale, VA
#24 Landon Calabrese 6’2 - Junior - Wpack, PA
#34 Saveliy Losnitskiy 6’7 - Junior - Moscow, Russia

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The committee of one - me - is going to have some tough discussions Sunday as it sits down to come up with the Week 3 rankings ... 12 out of the top 20 teams picked up at least 1 loss during the "Week that IS" ... a long day ahead ... have to do a few game rundowns! as the Spartan Classic was a great success - solid teams & matchups ... New Date next year will be the 29th and 30th of December ... Warren's Clash at the Coliseum has December 22nd and 23rd inked in ... contact both Alexander High School's AD and Warren High Schools AD if you have interest in participating - the tournament organizers for both are already contacting schools/teams to fill out the menus for the in-season classics ... BOTH are well run! BOTH will continue to be team destinations for years to come ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So this Spire Academy beat Pick Central by 35 but lost to Valley? Am I missing anything?

Return to “Boys Basketball”