District Championship …Trimble vs Western. Updates

Gray Cat
Varsity

Re: District Championship …Trimble vs Western

Post by Gray Cat »

Seofanatic wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:58 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:19 am
AnkleBraces wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:17 pm

10 turnovers a game. 35% from 3. 70% from the line.

Carter has drawn 20 charges at center.

Western averages 9.5 free throws attempted against them which I find impressive since they press nearly the entire game.

20+ ppg winning margin. 8th in D4 in the state
38 ppg allowed. 8th in D4 in the state.

Trimble and Western strength of schedule is almost identical according to Martin RPI.
That center would be well advised to not try to draw a charge against our Bigs. Alls that will get him is foul trouble and a sore back from hitting the floor. Meanwhile our Bigs will be scoring and getting getting plenty of and-ones. If that's their strategy this game won't be close.
Usually, you land on your back when taking a charge. Are you insinuating they won't call charges on your bigs? I can promise you, they won't be intimidated.
They may not be intimidated but they'll either back off or foul out. Those are their choices.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Chances that Gray Cat blames the officials if Trimble loses?

Over/under is at 99.999999% currently

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:11 am Chances that Gray Cat blames the officials if Trimble loses?

Over/under is at 99.999999% currently
Well, even if that's accurate it won't happen until at least the regional, so the odds could change. :mrgreen:

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Seofanatic wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:58 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:19 am
AnkleBraces wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:17 pm

10 turnovers a game. 35% from 3. 70% from the line.

Carter has drawn 20 charges at center.

Western averages 9.5 free throws attempted against them which I find impressive since they press nearly the entire game.

20+ ppg winning margin. 8th in D4 in the state
38 ppg allowed. 8th in D4 in the state.

Trimble and Western strength of schedule is almost identical according to Martin RPI.
That center would be well advised to not try to draw a charge against our Bigs. Alls that will get him is foul trouble and a sore back from hitting the floor. Meanwhile our Bigs will be scoring and getting getting plenty of and-ones. If that's their strategy this game won't be close.
Usually, you land on your back when taking a charge. Are you insinuating they won't call charges on your bigs? I can promise you, they won't be intimidated.
Bingo. Hopefully this game will be different, but so far the refs have remained afraid to call a charge on Thimble, even when they lower their shoulder and run the defender over. So if I were you I would make sure your players know what's coming. Of course you could get lucky and get a crew that isn't afraid of Howdee. But being still in the SE that's not likely.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

At this point in the tournament with Only a few games going on in the SE district the officials will be good ones, and they will make the right calls. The officials have to make judgement calls on blocks and charges, and Gray Cat just thinks their will be more blocks. Guffey has made a living at the line and figuring out how to avoid charges so I get where he is coming from but at the end of the day no one knows how it will be officiated. I think that the officials are going to let this game be decided by the players not the fouls. It is The District Championship, and they should let them play. Trimble has the experience with this being their 5th DC appearance in a row.

Trimble has the size advantage, But I do not think Downs will be much of a factor in this game. Guffey and Wisor will do what they do and Weber will guard Westerns best player. The cats will continue to roll!

OldHead47
Waterboy

Post by OldHead47 »

Based off tournament play alone, I am going with Western by 5 or so. Should be a great game to watch. And I agree that better officiating crews will be seen from here on out.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Harambe wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:56 am At this point in the tournament with Only a few games going on in the SE district the officials will be good ones, and they will make the right calls. The officials have to make judgement calls on blocks and charges, and Gray Cat just thinks their will be more blocks. Guffey has made a living at the line and figuring out how to avoid charges so I get where he is coming from but at the end of the day no one knows how it will be officiated. I think that the officials are going to let this game be decided by the players not the fouls. It is The District Championship, and they should let them play. Trimble has the experience with this being their 5th DC appearance in a row.

Trimble has the size advantage, But I do not think Downs will be much of a factor in this game. Guffey and Wisor will do what they do and Weber will guard Westerns best player. The cats will continue to roll!
Well, if you are correct then I suppose that is better than what has happened so far, that being Thimble bigs lowering their shoulders and running the defender over and getting the block call, then getting a charge called on the other end. So it would be better for a no call both ways I guess. But the ultimate would be the correct call, which is when a player lowers his shoulder and runs into a defender it is a charge. But don't hold your breath for that call in the SE District because as I said those refs call Howdee's games as if they owe him a bunch of money.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Calvin wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:03 am
Harambe wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:56 am At this point in the tournament with Only a few games going on in the SE district the officials will be good ones, and they will make the right calls. The officials have to make judgement calls on blocks and charges, and Gray Cat just thinks their will be more blocks. Guffey has made a living at the line and figuring out how to avoid charges so I get where he is coming from but at the end of the day no one knows how it will be officiated. I think that the officials are going to let this game be decided by the players not the fouls. It is The District Championship, and they should let them play. Trimble has the experience with this being their 5th DC appearance in a row.

Well, if you are correct then I suppose that is better than what has happened so far, that being Thimble bigs lowering their shoulders and running the defender over and getting the block call, then getting a charge called on the other end. So it would be better for a no call both ways I guess. But the ultimate would be the correct call, which is when a player lowers his shoulder and runs into a defender it is a charge. But don't hold your breath for that call in the SE District because as I said those refs call Howdee's games as if they owe him a bunch of money.
Sorry we beat your team Calvin. And we must have gotten a lot of block/charge calls on them based on your anger filled comments. But hey, there's always baseball season. :mrgreen:

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

You got this Tomcats. You'll dominate inside and kill them from the outside. Howie is the best coach in SEO by far so just do what he tells you and you'll win by plenty. Tomcat Prid!

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Brokeboy 2323
Waterboy

Post by Brokeboy 2323 »

Western 73
Trimble 64

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Brokeboy 2323 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:22 pm Western 73
Trimble 64
Thanks boy. Keep posting this stuff and firing the team up. :D

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble 19
Western 14
End of 1

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

In the Western nosebleeds.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

Hope everyone bet the over tonight!

Sweater poorly knit
Waterboy

Post by Sweater poorly knit »

Trimbles ball handling is killing them. I could see Wesstern running away with this one.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble 28
Western 38
Halftime

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:12 am You got this Tomcats. You'll dominate inside and kill them from the outside. Howie is the best coach in SEO by far so just do what he tells you and you'll win by plenty. Tomcat Prid!
This hasn't aged well.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Big run for western at the end of the half. Guffey in foul trouble. Guffey has to take over

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble 30
Western 40
5:37 3rd

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble 32