District Semi: Leesburg Fairfield vs Willow Wood Symmes Valley

Western24
Freshman Team

Re: District Semi: Leesburg Fairfield vs Willow Wood Symmes Valley

Post by Western24 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:38 pm At what point in the district tournament do we stop comparing scores of scrimmages, summer and foundation games?
No one was comparing? He asked a question because someone named their losses. People confuse foundation games for real games all the time. But let’s not act like foundation games aren’t a true test of how good a team is. You think teams just go in trying to lose?

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Vik wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:40 pm Symmes Valley is really good and I think they take this one easily. Symmes 82-60
I’ll take FF +22. There aren’t many teams that can defend like they can. Not to mention they don’t really struggle to rebound. Two things that symmes thrives on. If this game is ugly which I don’t think it will be. It’ll be ugly in the other direction.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:42 pm
Vik wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:40 pm Symmes Valley is really good and I think they take this one easily. Symmes 82-60
So the over/under at 142 and Symmes Valley 22 point favorites

I’d like to put a few $ on those numbers.
Yep

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western24 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:45 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:38 pm At what point in the district tournament do we stop comparing scores of scrimmages, summer and foundation games?
No one was comparing? He asked a question because someone named their losses. People confuse foundation games for real games all the time. But let’s not act like foundation games aren’t a true test of how good a team is. You think teams just go in trying to lose?
He listed their losses and someone was being rhetorical to keep punching the preseason game.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:05 pm
He listed their losses and someone was being rhetorical to keep punching the preseason game.
You must be reading a different thread he made one post that said did they also lose to Western by 15. I answered about the foundation game. No one in this thread is comparing scores from the preseason.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western24 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:11 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:05 pm

You must be reading a different thread he made one post that said did they also lose to Western by 15. I answered about the foundation game. No one in this thread is comparing scores from the preseason.
And I’m saying his question was rhetorical

waterboy99
Freshman Team

Post by waterboy99 »

Having seen both Fairfield and Symmes Valley in person, I think this game may be one of the best games of the day on Saturday. They both can get up and down the floor. They both have no trouble scoring. I think the difference is going to be which team is the most discipline and defends the best. To me, Fairfield takes the cake in both of those categories. They can give you fits defensively and are patient on offense with 5 threats to score at all times.

Give me Fairfield by 6. 54-48

Doghustler
Waterboy

Post by Doghustler »

Ironman92 you are the same guy that said symmes valley would beat Manchester by 15 and they won by 46. Thats a little off. If you keep picking them to lose I guess you will get it right onetime now. Keep guessing, everyone on here can’t wait to read your opinion. If you want to bet on this game just tell me how much and where.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Symmes Valley by maybe 10. Fairfield pretty limited on offense. Symmes Valley can score it pretty big. SV 76-66

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Doghustler wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:55 am Ironman92 you are the same guy that said symmes valley would beat Manchester by 15 and they won by 46. Thats a little off. If you keep picking them to lose I guess you will get it right onetime now. Keep guessing, everyone on here can’t wait to read your opinion. If you want to bet on this game just tell me how much and where.
??? If I keep picking them to lose? Where have I even done that?

I picked Western to beat Symmes Valley in the game at Western….then I picked Symmes Valley to beat Manchester. What am I missing?

If I had to make a guess I’d guess Fairfield 62-58. If that’s insulting 🤷🏻‍♂️. Either team could win this game. I go with the belief that the team that has been challenged more will have a better chance of handling things if this game is challenging…..it doesn’t always make a difference. Basketball is about matchups so comparing with other isn’t too full proof either.

May the best team win and the officiating be very good.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thebabybull
Freshman Team

Post by Thebabybull »

I will take Fairfield 50-46.

riverRat52
Riding the Bench

Post by riverRat52 »

I'll take Symmes Valley 58-54

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not sure….may have to hedge my guess.

Gut saying 65-58 Symmes Valley

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Fairfield does the deal. Great job guys. One game at a time and go Lions.Ripley, Fayetteville and now Fairfield into District final games. Not Bad for the Shac D 4 teams . Keep it up.

Return to “Boys Basketball”