Eastern Brown vs South Point @ Districts

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Eastern Brown vs South Point @ Districts

Post by WonderNova »

I have a bit more familiarity with South Point at my far West outpost. Last year they travelled to Eastern Brown on a snowy night, and the Warriors were victorious. I know the Pointers are very athletic, and seem to be streaky this year. I know that they have at least two common opponents in North Adams, in which NA handled them pretty well at the Coach Young Classic, and Fairland.. After a brutal three week stretch where Eastern has played Fairfield, MAson County KY, Georgetown, Hillsboro, North Adams twice, Peebles, and Norwayne at the SMithville Classic, it seems Eastern might be a bit physically banged up. What are the thoughts going in to this one on Saturday?

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Eastern Brown vs South Point @ Districts

Post by wobycat »

Interesting game. South point is very athletic but gets away from the game at times.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good luck SP

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

If Huntley is at full strength, I will take Eastern 56-49 in regulation.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:38 pm If Huntley is at full strength, I will take Eastern 56-49 in regulation.
Hoopie,my sources are telling me He is improving, He isn't under any risk of shoulder damage, or worsening it structurally. It is one of those pain tolerance kind of things. Also Hoopie, I am very skeptical of the bracket seeding. Do you get the feeling Eastern Brown and North Adams were given a second round match up to cannibalize the SHAC teams early? I was shocked NA was given a 14 seed. That was a pretty tough game for a #3 seed to get...lol.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WonderNova wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:51 am
Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:38 pm If Huntley is at full strength, I will take Eastern 56-49 in regulation.
Hoopie,my sources are telling me He is improving, He isn't under any risk of shoulder damage, or worsening it structurally. It is one of those pain tolerance kind of things. Also Hoopie, I am very skeptical of the bracket seeding. Do you get the feeling Eastern Brown and North Adams were given a second round match up to cannibalize the SHAC teams early? I was shocked NA was given a 14 seed. That was a pretty tough game for a #3 seed to get...lol.
I think with the # of teams it was more coincidental they matched up than on purpose. Wasn’t a lock EB was going to be #3…..NA was too low and may have been some shady seeding….but doubt it was 10+ coaches voting them 14 or worse to get that 14 seed.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

WonderNova wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:51 am
The answer is yes.

The SEO District did a great job of catching up with the times and creating the Super Sectional. It was needed as all other parts of the state do the same.

Now it's time for SEO District to make the last correct decision and that's to let teams place themselves on the bracket... Other districts also do this. This stops coaches from voting teams down to potentially match them up with other teams. In this scenario it would have been a great opportunity for North Adams to pick a spot on the bracket that avoided Eastern Brown and went with someone out of conference.

It may take a few years but I'm confident the SE District will get it right.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

The bracket seedings will always be crooked and skeptical with Humans in control lol Big shock huh,,,, Kinda like the crooked Biden Family!!!! lol

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

SP ova Eastern by 6..... Only if we are shooting average from 3 point range I'm guessing 7 of the 8 losses is where we were horrific from 3 point shooting or weren't near 100% healthy with players sick or out....

Thebabybull
Freshman Team

Post by Thebabybull »

Having seen both teams I will take Eastern Brown by 8. EB has more scoring options.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern Brown by 5

Return to “Boys Basketball”