Trimble 83 Eastern Pike 71 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Trimble 83 Eastern Pike 71 a final

Post by pfloyd »

Trimble 83
Eastern Pike 71 a final

... talked to Howie prior to this one ... he told ME what I already knew, that Eastern Pike was a pretty good team, I told him I'm not sure I have enough room on my napkin stat sheet to record all of the 3 point attempts that I knew the Eagles would be launching ... the game played out exactly as I thought ...the Tomcats would be taking the ball inside as much as possible while the Eagles would live and die from beyond the 3 point line ... looking at the final napkin stats Trimble would pound the ball down low for 50 points in the paint ... while Eastern put up, and even toward the end THREW UP, 43 triples for the game ... converting on 15 for 35% from downtown ... game was never really "put away" until the last couple of minutes as EHS connected for 6 treys in the final quarter after knocking down 9 in the first half (9/19) - that 3 ball keeps you in a lot of games even a sectional final ... a couple of other napkin stats explained 1) how Eastern was able to keep it "relatively" close ( I say that only because the 3 ball IS a weapon) ... throughout most of the 2nd half Trimble led by anywhere from 12-17 points ... the relatively close was helped BIG time by Trimble having empty trips down court - 20 turnovers for the game ... 14 in the 2nd half - THAT in itself keeps an opponent IN THE game ... the 2nd napkin stat that stands out in Trimble's favor was their defense ... the Tomcats turned the Eagles over 15 times converting in transition on 13 trips after a turnover for 26 points in the transition game - outstanding ... Trimble basketball ... on the way out the door I heard some EHS fans discussing the foul situation - I reminded them that when you shoot the 3 ball 43 times you aren't going to line MUCH (8/9 FTs) while IF you pound the ball down low as Trimble DID the odds go WAAAY up that you will get to the line (Trimble 18/24 from the charity stripe)... one stat line that hurt the Tomcats was the "empty" one - Tyler Weber sitting out the game with a injured ankle, never saw the floor ... the young man, a starter, a catalyst, Mr. Consistent at both ends of the floor and on the boards was definitely missed ... Trimble got a very good floor game off the bench by freshman Michael Clark with 7 points including a triple as well as Cole Wright ( starter for the 1st half of the season due to the injury to Downs) who was solid defensively & on the boards for THS (2 pts) ... for the Eagles of Eastern Pike Neil Leist - 6 three pointers/20 points led the way followed by Isaac Richardson off the bench for 4 triples/14 points, Brennen Slusher 3 treys/11 pts , Lance Barnett was big in the 3rd period as the senior hit for 8 pts of the Eagles 10 points the quarter/ 11 pts for Barnett on the game ... the difference was the strength of Trimble in the paint Blake Guffey 37 points/17 brds and Bryce Downs added 17 points in the paint as Mr. Guffey's running mate ... Trimble 83 Eastern Pike 71 a final ...

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Eastern Pike

Scoring ... Neil Leist 20, Isaac Richardson 14, Brennen Slusher 11, Lance Barnett 11, Jace White 9, Tucker Leist 6
3 Pointers ... 15/43 ... Neil Leist 6, Isaac Richardson 4, Brennen Slusher 3,Tucker Leist 2
FTs ... 8/9
TOs ... 15
PnP ... 7 fgs/ 14 points in the paint
PnT ... 4 fgs/ 8 points in transition
Pbk ... 1 fg/ 2 points off of offensive boards

... the Eagles have a nice team, obviously the live and die by the three ball, when it's falling life is good ... kept them connected in this one... just an observation - they never really went to the bucket ... ever ... anything inside was deliberate to draw the defense in only to kick it back out to the perimeter ... the Eagles HAD shots inside/just wasn't part of their MO ... still an outstanding effort from the SOC2 Eagles ...

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkins Stats - Trimble

Scoring ... Blake Guffey 37, Bryce Downs 17, Austin Wisor 11, Michael Clark 7, William Freeborn 5, Tucker Dixon 4, Cole Wright 2
3 Pointers ... 2/9 ... Austin Wisor 1, William Freeborn 1
FTs ... 18/24
TOs ... 20
PnP ... 25 fgs/ 50 points in the paint
PnT ... 13 fgs/ 26 points in transition
Pbk ... 2 fgs/ 4 points off of offensive boards

... next up for Trimble is Portsmouth Notre Dame on Saturday the 26th @ 1pm in Wellston in the D4 District Semi's ... fingers crossed Tyler Weber can get the rehab treatments needed to get back on the floor for the Tomcats ... on the positive side Michael Clark off the bench gave Howie good minutes and scoring (7 points with a trey) ... best of luck to the Tomcats as they survive and advanced today vs the Eagles of Eastern Pike ...

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Re: Trimble 83 Eastern Pike 71 a final

Post by Enforcer »

Pfloyd, Could You give Me asummery of what We expect to see out of Portsmouth ND Sat.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Trimble will face a different team in ND. I don't expect the easy layups in transition to give trimble "the points in the paint". This game will be closer than many expect.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Enforcer wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:39 pm Pfloyd, Could You give Me asummery of what We expect to see out of Portsmouth ND Sat.
Just have to guard Strickland pretty tight. The rest falls into place

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:00 pm
Enforcer wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:39 pm Pfloyd, Could You give Me asummery of what We expect to see out of Portsmouth ND Sat.
We got just the guy for the job!!! LOL

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Enforcer wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:44 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:00 pm
We got just the guy for the job!!! LOL
Just got to hope he doesn't get "T'd" up too many times. :o

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!

Return to “Boys Basketball”