2/26/22 South Webster vs Lucasville Valley DISTRICT SEMI @ Wellston (ROUND THREE)

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Re: 2/26/22 South Webster vs Lucasville Valley DISTRICT SEMI @ Wellston (ROUND THREE)

Post by MattyIce »

Valley by 13. Webster will struggle with Valley’s pressure and Valley has too many weapons for Webster to deal with on the offensive end.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: 2/26/22 South Webster vs Lucasville Valley DISTRICT SEMI @ Wellston (ROUND THREE)

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Webster by 10. Webster had to many offensive weapons and valley will struggle with the pressure

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Valley by 10

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Indians by a gazillion

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I wish there was a clip on YouTube of the guy saying that I stole it from. It was college game day at Iowa 😂

What’s the score gonna be?

Hmmmmmmm HAWKEYES BY A GAZILLION

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Arguably the best two teams in the district facing off in the district semi finals.

I know seedings are “earned” but also “voted” on by all coaches in the district for your division. It’s not a fair vote as you typically vote your buddy, your league etc to better suit you. As a fan, If we were seeding the “best” teams. I think Webster is top 4 (valley,Trimble,FH, SW) and really the order could go a number of ways and if they were all in the same league you’d probably see them split.

Best of luck and stay healthy! Someone is going to represent the SE district very well.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Will be a great back and forth game…I think the Indians still feel the sting of being in this position last year.

Valley leads by 3, Webster misses tying shot and fouls…

Valley 68
Webster 60

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Regardless how this one turns out, I look for Webster and Valley to be meeting up in D4 tourney on a regular basis over the next few years. Both teams have solid talent down through the junior high level.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:50 pm Regardless how this one turns out, I look for Webster and Valley to be meeting up in D4 tourney on a regular basis over the next few years. Both teams have solid talent down through the junior high level.*
Hunter Barnard is the second coming of Josh Campbell.
Also heard the possibility that Lower plays next year too.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:50 pm Regardless how this one turns out, I look for Webster and Valley to be meeting up in D4 tourney on a regular basis over the next few years. Both teams have solid talent down through the junior high level.*
Agreed. Valley won the 7th and 8th grade JH tournaments this week.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think it stays within 5-6 points either way. As previously mentioned it comes down to two main things: Webster's ability to handle pressure and Valley's ability to stay out of foul trouble.

Don't have a prediction as I could see it go either way and the winner is a heavy, heavy favorite next game in the district final.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:17 am I think it stays within 5-6 points either way. As previously mentioned it comes down to two main things: Webster's ability to handle pressure and Valley's ability to stay out of foul trouble.

Don't have a prediction as I could see it go either way and the winner is a heavy, heavy favorite next game in the district final.
I dont believe that the WINNER is a heavy favorite in the final. Valley smoked both of SV and FF in the regular season yes, but I am about 90% sure FF was did not have everyone that game and they are much improved. SV could not have started the game worse against Valley, AND Valley literally shot the best they have ALL year in that game. Now you can say this is because they had the huge lead but once they cooled off SV actually outscored them in the 3rd quarter and in the second half. Yes i know both teams had subs in for the majority of the 4th.

I agree whoever wins this game will be favored but I do however think the final will still be a tight game.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Heavy favorite to me is a 10+ point favorite.

I firmly believe Webster or Valley are 10+ point favorites against Symmes or Leesburg.. Yes, it's tournament time and teams play harder etc... but Valley already spanked both by 20+ and the 30+ drumming of Symmes was on a neutral court --- which the next potential matchup would be as well.

I would confidently take South Webster over Fairfield or Symmes, but unfortunately for them the matchup is Valley and it's a true 50/50 based on the regular season results.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Zimmermans been playing off the chain since the oak hill game when he received the ghost of the Mamba. Look for a 30 point performance.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Whoever stays out of foul trouble and keeps the turnovers down will win this one. I'm thinking Valley by 4 . 61-57.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The mamba of SW can have his 30 as long as the rest of the team is a combined 20 or under. :D

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The mamba of SW can have his 30 as long as the rest of the team is a combined 20 or under. :D

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

:oops: Holy mother of stuttering posts. Sorry folks.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

FIDO wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:10 am :oops: Holy mother of stuttering posts. Sorry folks.

Big game got you nervous.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Based off the 2 league games it's a toss up. I really hope the subs come to play. Early foul trouble could doom a run.

Return to “Boys Basketball”