Fairland versus Portsmouth West thoughts

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Re: Fairland versus Portsmouth West thoughts

Post by Dragonguy13 »

Dashy wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:16 pm
MattyIce wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:55 pm If Waverly, Minford and Valley played the OVC schedule, they would’ve suffered more losses than they did playing the SOC schedule. It’s darn near impossible to go on the road to SP, Fairland, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Gallia, Ironton, etc and win on a consistent basis.
You’re probably right, however I would still bet on any of the 3 to win the OVC hands down. This same West team that beat Fairland lost to valley by a combined 50+ in 2 games this season. Lost to Minford by 20+ in 2 games and to waverly by a combined 34 points in 2 games. The top 3 in SOC are better than any of the OVC teams IMO.
I see both sides of this and can agree some with both BUT you can’t compare how one team does against someone as that meaning they would get beat by every team that beat that team. It’s pointless, matchups aren’t different, teams could be slumping, games are played for a reason.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Dragonguy13 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:45 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:34 am If AP plays they will win.

If he doesn't they will lose.

West has had an underachieving season but the talent is there. They will keep it close regardless of who plays but I genuinely believe they win if AP is out.
They said the same thing before we played Ironton too last week 🙄
Would have been a completely different scenario. West has a good coach, Ironton does not.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
downatthehalf
Waterboy

Post by downatthehalf »

Fairland takes it.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Was a good game. West just never got the lead. Porter played the whole game and never missed a beat. He’s a great player. Fairland shot exceptionally well from behind the arc and that was the difference

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

Well played basketball game by both teams!! Tournament time it seems the physicality gets turned up a notch and West was physical but the Dragons quickness won the game.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

So the sixth best SOC team was in a tough game with a completely healthy OVC champ at their place? I think that SOC/OVC debate can be put to bed.

Good luck to the Dragons moving forward!

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:44 am So the sixth best SOC team was in a tough game with a completely healthy OVC champ at their place? I think that SOC/OVC debate can be put to bed.

Good luck to the Dragons moving forward!

A kids been in a boot for two weeks and you make it a point to say he’s completely healthy. You are grasping for straws!!!

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

Lol fairland is first in the SOC or ovc doesn’t matter get outa here

Return to “Boys Basketball”