Fairland versus Portsmouth West thoughts

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Fairland versus Portsmouth West thoughts

Post by Dragon70 »

I’m looking forward to watching this contest tomorrow night too see if the Dragons can get revenge for a loss in late December by three points to the Senators. Fairland has changed a little since then but must keep the Senators off the boards and shoot better from long distance then last time. Hopefully the home advantage will pull the dragons thru this battle.

TigerBob
All Conference

Re: Fairland versus Portsmouth West thoughts

Post by TigerBob »

I like the Dragons, but they are gettable without Porter. Scary sectional final for the 2 seed, West battle tested coming out of toughest league in SE district.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

The big question is will Fairland take their senior banners down?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If No AP I think West is the slight favorite

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:24 pm I like the Dragons, but they are gettable without Porter. Scary sectional final for the 2 seed, West battle tested coming out of toughest league in SE district.
Toughest league in SE District? I definitely think that’s a stretch.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MattyIce wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:17 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:24 pm I like the Dragons, but they are gettable without Porter. Scary sectional final for the 2 seed, West battle tested coming out of toughest league in SE district.
Toughest league in SE District? I definitely think that’s a stretch.
Who you got?

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Leagues in Southeast District basketball: FAC, SVC, SHAC, TVC, OVC, SOC. I think this is all of them.

I’m not convinced the SOC is the toughest league out of all these conferences. The FAC is made up of some big schools that are very competitive on the hardwood and the OVC matchups were a dogfight every game this year.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I honestly didn’t think it was a controversial statement. SE district will produce 6 district champs, SOC teams are favored for 3 of them. Three of pfloyd’s top four, with South Webster, Wheelersburg looming as potential dark horses. West is 6th best and beat the OVC champ.

Best league in SEO this year.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

I do not feel like the SOC is the best league in the SE district this year. The OVC was a much more competitive league from top to bottom. The OVC has 5 teams in the top 12 in DIII, SOC has 2.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MattyIce wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:31 pm I do not feel like the SOC is the best league in the SE district this year. The OVC was a much more competitive league from top to bottom. The OVC has 5 teams in the top 12 in DIII, SOC has 2.
Fairland
Ironton….peaking nicely
Portsmouth….peaking nicely
Chesapeake….lost some steam
South Point lost steam
Gallia Academy lost some momentum too

Very solid league….watched Jackson win at Peake and South Point

Waverly….best team
Minford
Valley
South Webster
Portsmouth West
Burg

It’s close….SOC 2 had a more consistent very good season IMO

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

The SOC vs OVC debate is like B1G football and SEC. the SEC may have 2-3 very good squads but the rest are still solid. But as far as the game I think West has a shot and pull this one out

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

West definitely has a shot in this game. Overall, it seems like they underachieved during the regular season. Fairland wins the rematch.
Last edited by MattyIce on Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

I dont think the Peake has lost steam. Yes lost to South Point, 3rd game in 4 days. To beat Gallia and South Webster in back to back days and then play South Point. Easy 1st sectional game gavevsome rest as Coach Davis pulled the starters and everyone played.

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

I’ve heard that AP is playing tomorrow, if so, I’ll take the dragons by 6.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

CAT22 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:00 pm I’ve heard that AP is playing tomorrow, if so, I’ll take the dragons by 6.
Good for him AND Fairland . If he does play , I say he will definitely be slowed down. I was suprised by the early season loss to West but theyre a decent team , but Fairland is better . I say the Dragons pull this one out .

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

If AP plays they will win.

If he doesn't they will lose.

West has had an underachieving season but the talent is there. They will keep it close regardless of who plays but I genuinely believe they win if AP is out.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Dashy
Waterboy

Post by Dashy »

MattyIce wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:17 pm Leagues in Southeast District basketball: FAC, SVC, SHAC, TVC, OVC, SOC. I think this is all of them.

I’m not convinced the SOC is the toughest league out of all these conferences. The FAC is made up of some big schools that are very competitive on the hardwood and the OVC matchups were a dogfight every game this year.
SOC has 3 teams ranked in the top 10 in the state in their division. Personally, I think any of the top 3 SOC schools would’ve won the OVC. Waverly, Minford, and Valley are all great teams. You also have teams like West, South Webster, and Wheelersburg that can compete and knock off anyone on any given night. I agree the OVC was close and tough but I think the SOC has the best teams this year.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

If Waverly, Minford and Valley played the OVC schedule, they would’ve suffered more losses than they did playing the SOC schedule. It’s darn near impossible to go on the road to SP, Fairland, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Gallia, Ironton, etc and win on a consistent basis.

Dashy
Waterboy

Post by Dashy »

MattyIce wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:55 pm If Waverly, Minford and Valley played the OVC schedule, they would’ve suffered more losses than they did playing the SOC schedule. It’s darn near impossible to go on the road to SP, Fairland, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Gallia, Ironton, etc and win on a consistent basis.
You’re probably right, however I would still bet on any of the 3 to win the OVC hands down. This same West team that beat Fairland lost to valley by a combined 50+ in 2 games this season. Lost to Minford by 20+ in 2 games and to waverly by a combined 34 points in 2 games. The top 3 in SOC are better than any of the OVC teams IMO.

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:34 am If AP plays they will win.

If he doesn't they will lose.

West has had an underachieving season but the talent is there. They will keep it close regardless of who plays but I genuinely believe they win if AP is out.
They said the same thing before we played Ironton too last week 🙄

Return to “Boys Basketball”